Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: OVEN REPAIR
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 13:37
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HPYC wrote:
Give Castro Refrigeration a shot. We've used them for washer/dryer issues and had good experiences. Don't have their number handy but a web search yielded (201) 435-0492.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2015/9/21 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Give Castro Refrigeration a shot. We've used them for washer/dryer issues and had good experiences. Don't have their number handy but a web search yielded (201) 435-0492.

Posted on: 2015/9/18 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I have a Thermador that had a similar issue - if you can find a Youtube instructional on how to replace the control board, these guys can probably repair the board, or send you a refurbished one and you can get credit for your malfunctioning board:

http://www.fixyourboard.com/

Posted on: 2015/9/18 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cuse04 wrote:
Hi,

This thread is a bit old, so I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations for oven repair.

I did a HomeAdvisor search, and Ken from Ken's Appliance Repairs told me he would come on Monday and wasn't sure what time, but would call that morning. On Sunday night (Sunday night!!) he called and left a voicemail with me telling me to call him back to confirm that we're still on and that he would be there from "11am-2pm" the next day. He called my fiance at 1:30 pm Monday saying that he would be there within 45 minutes to an hour. He called her at 2:30 to say that he couldn't find parking, and had been "circling around for 45 minutes." He said he was going to keep trying, but that he had "already wasted enough time" and hung up on her. When I called him 15 minutes later, he said that he was going to have to leave if he couldn't find any parking. I've lived in my neighborhood for 8 years and it's never taken me more than 15 minutes to find parking. This guy is a joke. The last I spoke to him, he said he was on his bluetooth and that he would call me back once he got back to his office because we couldn't hear each other. He never called back.

Anyway, rant aside, we also tried Jim's Arctic Air, but never got a call back.

We have a GE gas oven that was installed 7 years ago, and need someone to come out and take a look because it dies out after 10-20 minutes after firing up.

Thanks in advance.

Do a You Tube search about the oven dying. Chances are others have had the same problem. If it is an easy fix there will be instructional videos about how to do a DIY fix. If you have the model# of your oven you can focus your search.

Posted on: 2015/9/17 16:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Mostly what goes wrong with ovens is the igniter bar fails. This is a $20 part. Worth learning how to change them if you want to save big bucks. Hardest part on doing it to my GE is removing the door, damn thing is heavy.

Tons of videos https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid= ... er+on+ge+gas+oven&tbm=vid

Quote:

cuse04 wrote:
Hi,

This thread is a bit old, so I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations for oven repair.

I did a HomeAdvisor search, and Ken from Ken's Appliance Repairs told me he would come on Monday and wasn't sure what time, but would call that morning. On Sunday night (Sunday night!!) he called and left a voicemail with me telling me to call him back to confirm that we're still on and that he would be there from "11am-2pm" the next day. He called my fiance at 1:30 pm Monday saying that he would be there within 45 minutes to an hour. He called her at 2:30 to say that he couldn't find parking, and had been "circling around for 45 minutes." He said he was going to keep trying, but that he had "already wasted enough time" and hung up on her. When I called him 15 minutes later, he said that he was going to have to leave if he couldn't find any parking. I've lived in my neighborhood for 8 years and it's never taken me more than 15 minutes to find parking. This guy is a joke. The last I spoke to him, he said he was on his bluetooth and that he would call me back once he got back to his office because we couldn't hear each other. He never called back.

We have a GE gas oven that was installed 7 years ago, and need someone to come out and take a look because it dies out after 10-20 minutes after firing up.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2015/9/17 16:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 13:37
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2015/9/17 15:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
It's either temp. sensor probe or main board.
But I'm not an appliance repair person!

So, will cross fingers, hire one and see what happens!

Would have thought there would be some recommends as you guys know everything!!! But, no problem.

Posted on: 2012/10/16 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrasg1 wrote:
No, it is a Frigidaire Gas stovetop-oven.
Giving an F10 error code...Anybody know about Jimmys Arctic Air out of Hoboken?

Oh no error code that only means one thing...digital! You should have bought a basic stove with no digital buttons just a traditional gas stove with knobs sans the programable features. I'll bet you have a problem with a digital circuit board. Have you Googled your problem ?

Posted on: 2012/10/16 17:55
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No, it is a Frigidaire Gas stovetop-oven.
Giving an F10 error code...

Anybody know about Jimmys Arctic Air out of Hoboken?

Posted on: 2012/10/16 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Is it not igniting? The glowing heater that ignites it has a limited life, and in my experience is the main failure of ovens. It's actually a relatively easy DIY repair to replace the part, which should be under $50. I've done it several times.

Posted on: 2012/10/16 17:21

OVEN REPAIR
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Any thumbs up appliance repair shop(s)?
Need to have Frigidaire oven repaired.

Thanks!