Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City LGBT Pride Festival 2015 on Newark Ave!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TwoBootsJC wrote:
Dear Rescue Life and Psyop,

I have no interest in re-hashing the farmers' market issue but I wanted to respond to your posts, which might have misled some JC List readers.

TBJC

What was misleading, were you not the one who got the food trucks banned from the plaza?

Posted on: 2015/9/1 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TwoBootsJC wrote:

I have no interest in re-hashing the farmers' market issue but I wanted to respond to your posts, which might have misled some JC List readers.

1. We were a proud sponsor of JC Pride. (We support many local groups.) We fed over fifty of their volunteers. They never asked us about outside food vendors and we never asked them to keep food vendors out. Nor would we have. Similarly, we have never objected to the outside food vendors who come to Newark Ave. for "All About Downtown" or indeed for any other occasional event.

2. Business has been great thanks to our many passionate customers and the throngs of people that our new, neighboring restaurants have brought to the street. Like us, they've made huge investments in the neighborhood, pay taxes and employ lots of Jersey City residents. So, we're incredibly excited about the Downtown restaurant scene and economy. As you should be too.

TBJC

Dear TBJC,

We wanted to respond to your alleged benefit to the community, or lack thereof:

1. Do you have any idea why when JC residents get out of the Grove Street path station there are no food trucks there any more? Did the food trucks just decide to abandon that area?

2. Did the owner of Two Boots and The Bistro (Jeff) not petition local restaurants to help push out the food trucks? Several restaurant owners who refused to join your coalition have made this claim. Are they lying?

3. Do you think that the residents of Jersey City prefer to have less food trucks that are not accessible, or do you think the residents of Jersey City prefer to have more trucks that are easily accessible?

CRJCWWHBY

Posted on: 2015/9/1 16:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TwoBootsJC wrote:

1. We were a proud sponsor of JC Pride. (We support many local groups.) We fed over fifty of their volunteers. They never asked us about outside food vendors and we never asked them to keep food vendors out. Nor would we have. Similarly, we have never objected to the outside food vendors who come to Newark Ave. for "All About Downtown" or indeed for any other occasional event.

2. Business has been great thanks to our many passionate customers and the throngs of people that our new, neighboring restaurants have brought to the street. Like us, they've made huge investments in the neighborhood, pay taxes and employ lots of Jersey City residents. So, we're incredibly excited about the Downtown restaurant scene and economy. As you should be too.

TBJC

You might have included that unlike people who post under pseudonyms, anyone can walk into the pizzeria and ask for the owner/manager.

Posted on: 2015/9/1 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TwoBootsJC wrote:

TBJC

Since you've called for the banning of food trucks near your restaurant (food trucks that the community wants and supports by the way), you shouldn't be surprised when others think you may have a hand in other anti-market movements.

Your reputation precedes you.

Posted on: 2015/9/1 15:20

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 16:02
Group:
Registered Users

TBJC

Posted on: 2015/9/1 15:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not 100% sure, but its all I can come up with. Last year at city hall there were more food trucks than vendors. So its not like these people are homophobic and don't want to be there. I still miss El Chilango outside the Grove Path late at night. I wonder how many food options will be at the Downtown Festival in September.

Posted on: 2015/9/1 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
I know this is taking this more off topic but since it was brought up.
If 2 boots isn't doing well it certainly isn't because of food trucks it's because it's not that good and there are too many pizza places.
Haven't given them or the other places a penny since the owner listed all of the places that went against the food trucks.

Posted on: 2015/8/31 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bearbear2013 wrote:
I was wondering why there weren't more food options? Is that really due to Two Boots and they're complaining? I'm getting a really bad vibe about them, I hate to say that. I want to support local business but not at the expense of others?

You can bet your bottom the owner of Two Boots has and will continue to do everything in his power to push vendors far away, so this year they were relegated to a small portion of Barrow Street. As Two Boots is not doing too great financially you can count on the owner to continue doing similar things which hurt the people for his own sinking business.

My 2 cents: support businesses that don't try to push out cultural events and vendors that pre-date them (see: The Bistro, The Coffeeshop, Two Boots Pizza).

Posted on: 2015/8/31 14:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/30 23:23
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I heard they were selling mostly Hot Dog's.

Posted on: 2015/8/30 23:24

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/2 21:46
Group:
Registered Users
I was wondering why there weren't more food options? Is that really due to Two Boots and they're complaining? I'm getting a really bad vibe about them, I hate to say that. I want to support local business but not at the expense of others?

Posted on: 2015/8/30 22:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
It was a lot of fun, sorry just seeing your post now Saradove. Out of all the prides here I've been too, this was the best. The waterfront was lovely but too spaced out, when it was in front of city hall it sucked. This was nicely laid out, ran into many friends. The only thing lacking was food. There were 3 food stands, that's it. I was hoping for more food trucks, but alas Two Boots ruined that for all of us. Bitter much, yes.

Posted on: 2015/8/30 17:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/2 3:08
From Jersey Ave
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone been over to the Pride Festival today? I'm going to mosey on over & see what's happening.

Posted on: 2015/8/29 20:53

Jersey City LGBT Pride Festival 2015 on Newark Ave!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/29 11:21
From Jersey City, Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
The Jersey City LGBT Pride Festival is back with a host of local events leading up to the Festival. Celebrations kick off August 21st with the City Pride Flag Raising (at Jersey City City Hall) and the official Pride Festival Press Conference.

Visit www.jerseycitypride.com for a full list of events from August 21-29th, 2015. And come for the festival on Saturday August 29th, 2015 from noon-8pm on Newark Ave between Grove St and Jersey Ave.

Click on the links below or visit jerseycitypride.com to learn more about our upcoming events and activities!

8.27 Film Screening: ?PRIDE? - Tix: https://goo.gl/MmzyLu

8.28 Big Gay Cabaret (TWO SHOWS!) - Tix: http://goo.gl/dsbctm

8.29 15th ANNUAL JERSEY CITY LGBT PRIDE FESTIVAL
Downtown Jersey City (Between Grove St. & Jersey Ave)
Tickets: http://goo.gl/6lwKrz

8.29.15 Pride After Party (South House) - Tix: http://goo.gl/hOVwVj

Posted on: 2015/8/27 19:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017