Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: PSEG Scammers in downtown JC (with pics)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Scammers out today in the Hamilton Park area, asking about notifications and asking to see my bill.

Posted on: 2017/7/20 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
By Corey McDonald | The Jersey Journal
on October 17, 2016 at 12:38 PM

JERSEY CITY ? When a Jersey City small business owner received his PSE&G bill on Friday he was surprised by the total, considering he had paid the bill a few weeks earlier.

In late September, the auto body shop manager had received an urgent call from someone claiming to represent PSE&G demanding that he pay off his nearly $1,0000 balance right away, while still on the phone, by using a prepaid card from the local CVS store.

When he received the bill in the mail a couple weeks later, it became clear he had been scammed. But what's disturbing is the fact that the caller had all of his account information handy, said the business owner, who asked that he not be named.

More

Posted on: 2016/10/17 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
They're back downtown, claiming that we have a rebate coming from the State of NJ.

I asked to see the id, which was turned inside out and tried to take her picture, but she disappeared so fast. It was very funny.

Posted on: 2015/10/8 22:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I seen them walking around the heights, all neatly dressed and with 2 others, one a lady.

Posted on: 2015/8/19 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:
The sad thing is the guys who you think are trying to scam you are at the bottom of a pyramid scheme.

Boo hoo. They were dumb enough to join it, I don't have any sympathy for them. Just like I have no sympathy for anyone who joined Amway, MonaVie, Mary Kay, Primerica or any of those other "network marketing" or "direct selling" operations, whatever the hell they're supposed to be. Everyone I knew that joined those glorified pyramid schemes did so with stars in their eyes and thinking they were going to become millionaires within a couple years. They failed to recruit me into it or get me to buy any product from them, ended up losing money and quit within a year or two. Not one became a millionaire.

don't go dragging Mary Kay into this. her blemish cream is THE BOMB.

for real.

carry on.

That's fine... buy it, use it all you want, just don't try to recruit me to sell it. I have no interest in any pink Cadillacs.

Posted on: 2015/8/16 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:
The sad thing is the guys who you think are trying to scam you are at the bottom of a pyramid scheme.

Boo hoo. They were dumb enough to join it, I don't have any sympathy for them. Just like I have no sympathy for anyone who joined Amway, MonaVie, Mary Kay, Primerica or any of those other "network marketing" or "direct selling" operations, whatever the hell they're supposed to be. Everyone I knew that joined those glorified pyramid schemes did so with stars in their eyes and thinking they were going to become millionaires within a couple years. They failed to recruit me into it or get me to buy any product from them, ended up losing money and quit within a year or two. Not one became a millionaire.

don't go dragging Mary Kay into this. her blemish cream is THE BOMB.

for real.

carry on.

Posted on: 2015/8/16 5:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:

Even if these guys at the door aren't personally trying to scam anyone, at the end of the day, they are just the trained robots designed to pitch for a big major scam. In the long run, you will NOT save money by buying electricity through a third party reseller, end of story. The first month or two might be cheaper than buying from PSE&G but you will live to regret it after that.

You sir or madame are my hero :) well said

Posted on: 2015/8/15 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trambone wrote:

Even if these guys at the door aren't personally trying to scam anyone, at the end of the day, they are just the trained robots designed to pitch for a big major scam. In the long run, you will NOT save money by buying electricity through a third party reseller, end of story. The first month or two might be cheaper than buying from PSE&G but you will live to regret it after that.

Posted on: 2015/8/15 3:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/15 2:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/2/23 1:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Just had a PSE&G employee come to the door telling my husband we are eligible for a 20% discount but that he needed our bill. I was doing dishes and told my husband not to give them the bill. I wish I had taken a picture of him, but had soapy hands. Thanks all for the heads up.

P.S. We're on Astor Pl.

Posted on: 2015/8/14 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

If you are not sure of an employee?s identity or have difficulty with the badges, call us at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734). A service representative can verify that an employee has been dispatched to your premises.

I would say do the above UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES. Have them give you their name and ID number, close the door, have them wait and call PSEG. They won't stick around if they are scammers.

Posted on: 2015/8/13 18:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/3 20:43
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Helpful tutorial there for creating fake ID badges now.

Posted on: 2015/8/13 16:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Don?t fall victim to a scam or fraud

Beware of suspicious activity and trust your instincts. If you think you may have been the victim of a scam, please call the 24-hour customer service center at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734). You may also contact your local police department.
Phone scams
Residential and small business customers have reported receiving deceptive phone calls from individuals pretending to be PSE&G employees. The callers demand that customers make a payment within hours using a Green Dot Money Pak, a type of pre-paid card available at pharmacies and convenience stores. PSE&G does not accept these cards.
PSE&G offers a variety of payment options, and would never require a customer to use one specific type of payment. PSE&G customers scheduled for disconnection due to nonpayment receive written notice on their bill at least 10 days in advance.
Any customer who has doubts about the legitimacy of a call from PSE&G ? especially one in which payment is requested ? should call us directly at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734).
Email scams
A PSE&G customer has reported receiving a fraudulent email that looked like a bill from the utility. A number of other utilities, including PSEG Long Island, have reported similar scams. The emails contain a link that when clicked infect the customer?s computer with a virus or malware.
The utility is urging its customers to be wary of these types of suspicious emails. Bills sent by PSE&G to our customers via email would be sent from myaccount@pseg.com. PSE&G would not ask its customers to provide personal information online without first logging into MyAccount.
If you receive this type of email, do not provide any personal information, do not download any attachments, and do not click on any links in the email.
Imposters at your door
Residential customers have reported incidents of strangers posing as PSE&G employees to gain access to their home or to lure them out of their house.
Ask for identification from anyone who comes to your door looking like a PSE&G employee. If you are not satisfied, don?t let the person into your house. Call 911 if you feel intimidated or threatened.

All PSE&G employees ? meter readers, servicewomen and men, and office workers ? always wear a badge that tells you who we are. The badge, or identification card (ID for short), should look like the ID pictured below. It has the employee?s name, photograph and the PSE&G logo on it.
Resized Image

If you are not sure of an employee?s identity or have difficulty with the badges, call us at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734). A service representative can verify that an employee has been dispatched to your premises.

Posted on: 2015/8/12 13:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
[quote]
papadage wrote:
They were going to trick you into either giving them the bill so they could use it as proof of address for identity theft, or to "slam" you, which is switching you to another utility without your consent. They get a commission, and you get higher bills.

Five will get you ten that this IDT running around town. They prey on the uninformed & the elderly. Get involved & spread the word.

Quote:

by heights on 2015/8/11 20:13:58

As usual, you show your ignorance by making a feeble attempt a being humorous in the face of a serious situation.

Gullible as usual, you should put your suspect hat on, it may save you some grief in the long run. Not everyone deserves a welcome mat.

Your answer makes less sense than usual & pretty funny coming from a xenophobe.

Posted on: 2015/8/12 11:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

papadage wrote:
They were going to trick you into either giving them the bill so they could use it as proof of address for identity theft, or to "slam" you, which is switching you to another utility without your consent. They get a commission, and you get higher bills.

Five will get you ten that this IDT running around town. They prey on the uninformed & the elderly. Get involved & spread the word.

Quote:

Maybe they're from the McGreevy re-entry program.

As usual, you show your ignorance by making a feeble attempt a being humorous in the face of a serious situation.

Gullible as usual, you should put your suspect hat on, it may save you some grief in the long run. Not everyone deserves a welcome mat.

Posted on: 2015/8/12 1:00
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:

Quote:

Posted on: 2015/8/12 0:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/12 0:13
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2015/8/12 0:09

PSEG Scammers in downtown JC (with pics)

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/12 22:28
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Today these two men came to my door posing as PSEG employees. They made up a story about having sent me notifications and demanded to see my bill. They didn't have proper ID. I'm not sure what their scam is, but they left as soon as I called them out on them being scammers.

Here are photos of what they looked like. Next time I will call the police. Be careful if they visit you!

http://s22.postimg.org/7205txnht/pseg1.jpg
http://s22.postimg.org/5lonbskkx/pseg2.jpg
http://s22.postimg.org/k7k9ds6r5/pseg3.jpg
http://s22.postimg.org/xxa78u4hd/pseg4.jpg

Posted on: 2015/8/11 20:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!