Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Hipster vandalizing Charles & Co. caught on tape
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:
when will this thread be changed to "Hipster vandalizing Charles & Co. caught"..... he must be a mastermind criminal !

You should join the pub crawl.

Posted on: 2015/8/6 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
when will this thread be changed to "Hipster vandalizing Charles & Co. caught"..... he must be a mastermind criminal !

Posted on: 2015/8/6 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Isn't it a testament to a group's success or lack of concern what others think of them to be publicly made fun of (in a gentle way)? WASPS, main stream Jews, Hipsters, etc. probably don't care. I've been waiting for the "what do you expect from Italians" comment to pop up in the Prato thread. Good, no one is resorting to stereotypes - progress.

As food for thought - I can assure you that during the whole Watergate Scandal, RMN was never referred to as that Fu!!ing Quaker. Now SA was another story entirely.

Posted on: 2015/8/6 14:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
No whining. The JJ and the author have been caught applying a double standard.

The Jersey Journal and the author were caught red-handed perpetuating this heinous double standard... and you didn't even mention their race. Triple standard!

Posted on: 2015/8/6 13:54

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/19 13:13
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
Food for thought. Does anyone even realize that a hipster is the 21st century version of the original "hippie" . Those hippies turned into yuppies when they finally got jobs and made a few bucks. So your damned if you were a hippie and damned when you became a yuppie because the hippies made fun of you for selling out! Ya can't win...why can't we all just get along (for fear of sounding like Rodney)! Most of todays hipsters will be tomorrows yuppies whether they like it or not. So, even though this is a meaningless post, please feel free to tell me so, call me a geaser, explain how stupid I am & explain to me how much smarter and cooler you are than I! Peace and love to all..even you hate mongers out there!

Posted on: 2015/7/24 17:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bricks wrote:
How has this guy still not been caught? I thought for sure that this would be solved within days of the pics being publicized. Perhaps that yuppie/hipster outfit was just an incredible disguise.

Has this been keeping you up at night or something? Get a hobby.

Posted on: 2015/7/23 20:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/6 18:15
From DT
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
"Hipster" doesn't mean anything anymore...

If you think everyone with tattoos, a beard, glasses, a black band shirt, flannel, vans, chucks, skateboard, fixie, docs, that is a bartender, artist, musician, etc is a hipster, then really, what's left? Please give me a definition other than this, that isn't about "living of off their parents money" because trust me, there are lots of people that fit this look, that don't need a dime from their parents, do very well for themselves and don't have to wear polo shirts or ties to work every day. Hard to believe, I know?!?

Calling someone a hipster is unoriginal, lazy, boring and hacky... Really, it's the equivalent of Donald Trump calling people he disagrees with, "stupid" and "a moron" - but ya'll prob think that's fine cause you're gonna vote for him anyway.
Calling people "hipsters" is almost satirical because said "hipsters" would never use that word, at least in the context the people here do.

Is this the "cool" kids aka "preps" of yester-year trying to take back the stage from the "misfits"? If I wear boat shoes and Nantucket red pants, where do I fit? Is that also "hipster-ish"?

Just food for thought. Don't be so closed minded.

Why did the hipster burn his mouth on Porta pizza? He ate it before it was cool.

And no, I'm not the vandal, although they're one of my fav bands.

Well said.

Posted on: 2015/7/23 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
"Hipster" doesn't mean anything anymore...

If you think everyone with tattoos, a beard, glasses, a black band shirt, flannel, vans, chucks, skateboard, fixie, docs, that is a bartender, artist, musician, etc is a hipster, then really, what's left? Please give me a definition other than this, that isn't about "living of off their parents money" because trust me, there are lots of people that fit this look, that don't need a dime from their parents, do very well for themselves and don't have to wear polo shirts or ties to work every day. Hard to believe, I know?!?

Calling someone a hipster is unoriginal, lazy, boring and hacky... Really, it's the equivalent of Donald Trump calling people he disagrees with, "stupid" and "a moron" - but ya'll prob think that's fine cause you're gonna vote for him anyway.
Calling people "hipsters" is almost satirical because said "hipsters" would never use that word, at least in the context the people here do.

Is this the "cool" kids aka "preps" of yester-year trying to take back the stage from the "misfits"? If I wear boat shoes and Nantucket red pants, where do I fit? Is that also "hipster-ish"?

Just food for thought. Don't be so closed minded.

Why did the hipster burn his mouth on Porta pizza? He ate it before it was cool.

And no, I'm not the vandal, although they're one of my fav bands.

Posted on: 2015/7/23 18:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/26 14:56
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

BobNesta wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hollywood wrote:
do you guys ever get tired of your shitty recycled jokes about "hipsters," aka any white person whose pants aren't 'relaxed fit' or looser?

Nope.

Honestly, hipsterism is a never ending source of amusement to me. Think about this: a hipster is supposed to value individualism and creativity above most things, yet they all look the same, they all espouse the same ideas and philosophies, and engage in the same witty/ironic banter or talk. So, they espouse the idea of a predilection for uniqueness and creativity, but exhibit anything but that. If nothing else, all these loser hipsters only make it easier for us Gen Xers to continue to shine and achieve bigger and better things in life. And, the generation coming of age after them will lap them professionally and financially, as well. The hipster generation of today will underachieve in relation to those before and after them. Good luck with that.

Your definition of hipster is not necessarily everyone else's definition of hipster. For example, are the JC punk-wanna be Joy Division, the Cure, Depeche Mode, Smiths, etc. t-shirt wearing, all black clothing wearing, tattoos give me personality clan hipsters?

IMO, skinny jeans + scraggly beard + stupid glasses = hipster.

you going to cling to that even after the next inevitable fashion craze hits those dreaded youths?

Posted on: 2015/7/23 18:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/7/23 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BobNesta wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hollywood wrote:
do you guys ever get tired of your shitty recycled jokes about "hipsters," aka any white person whose pants aren't 'relaxed fit' or looser?

Nope.

Honestly, hipsterism is a never ending source of amusement to me. Think about this: a hipster is supposed to value individualism and creativity above most things, yet they all look the same, they all espouse the same ideas and philosophies, and engage in the same witty/ironic banter or talk. So, they espouse the idea of a predilection for uniqueness and creativity, but exhibit anything but that. If nothing else, all these loser hipsters only make it easier for us Gen Xers to continue to shine and achieve bigger and better things in life. And, the generation coming of age after them will lap them professionally and financially, as well. The hipster generation of today will underachieve in relation to those before and after them. Good luck with that.

Your definition of hipster is not necessarily everyone else's definition of hipster. For example, are the JC punk-wanna be Joy Division, the Cure, Depeche Mode, Smiths, etc. t-shirt wearing, all black clothing wearing, tattoos give me personality clan hipsters?

IMO, skinny jeans + scraggly beard + stupid glasses = hipster.

Posted on: 2015/7/23 18:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hollywood wrote:

Nope.

please. like two thirds of your generation didn't run around the streets rocking Reef sandals and bucket hats praying to some different brand of liberalism. don't overthink it.

Posted on: 2015/7/23 18:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/6 18:15
From DT
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hollywood wrote:

Nope.

Posted on: 2015/7/23 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hollywood wrote:

Nope.

Posted on: 2015/7/23 17:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/7/23 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bricks wrote:
How has this guy still not been caught? I thought for sure that this would be solved within days of the pics being publicized. Perhaps that yuppie/hipster outfit was just an incredible disguise.

Perhaps a testimony to the sheer number of hipsters invading JC?

Posted on: 2015/7/23 12:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/5/17 15:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/7/23 2:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Someone with a far more sardonic, cutting sense of humor than I should cross pollinate this post - and the one about #takeitbackjc - with this post 'Man Shot Dead in Heights - Waverly & Palisades - JJ'

In that one, we have a recent arrival to the Heights shot dead in his car on the street - by his estranged girlfriend (who lived in the Bronx). Or any of the posts about the ongoing mayhem in Greenville, for that matter. I could see the "gentrifiers' coming up with their own tag campaign, targeting the old-time (and less affluent new) residents.

Posted on: 2015/6/29 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:
Anyone check Keyhole ? He's gotta be there !

Has JCPD thought of organizing a bar crawl to hit up the dives around town? I'm surprised a barista hasn't turned him in yet.

Sorry for the slight detour but: I thought English has adopted barista for someone who makes coffee and kept bartender for alcoholic drink maker. I'm a language nerd, so like to know these things.

My poor attempt at a joke is he's either hiding out at a bar or there is a coffee shop barista somewhere that knows where he's hiding. So yes, I used the term barista the way you described.

Posted on: 2015/6/28 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:

Has JCPD thought of organizing a bar crawl to hit up the dives around town? I'm surprised a barista hasn't turned him in yet.

Sorry for the slight detour but: I thought English has adopted barista for someone who makes coffee and kept bartender for alcoholic drink maker. I'm a language nerd, so like to know these things.

Posted on: 2015/6/28 12:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

duh wrote:
Many of us are yuppie scum. The only appropriate sentiment is self-loathing. The vandal is in touch with his nature. We can learn from him.

Are you the perp?

Posted on: 2015/6/28 5:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:

Posted on: 2015/6/28 5:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/28 5:02

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/2 4:31
Group:
Registered Users
Many of us are yuppie scum. The only appropriate sentiment is self-loathing. The vandal is in touch with his nature. We can learn from him.

Posted on: 2015/6/27 2:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Not sure why people are getting annoyed with Terrance. He is a lowly writer at the JJ (no offense I'm a lowly photo editor at a entertainment magazine)
If the JJ works the same as my job, we have ZERO effing say in what we cover or any sort of rules. I get yelled at by many friends and family about covering those fucktard Kardashians, like I have any say at all, please, I'm at the mercy of the editors. With that being said, I do agree about using color. I also agree this asshole who did the spray painting should pay for the clean up and then go fuck himself with a can of PBR that he CAN'T buy at Barcade.

Posted on: 2015/6/26 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Terrence, does the JJ have a written policy regarding when they will mention a criminal suspect's race? You seem to be implying when there is a picture of the suspect, the article will say it. As others have mentioned, this doesn't seem accurate. But if that is your stated policy then I assume we will have consistency.

For consistency's sake I removed that he is white. I presume this will end the controversy here.
That's some mighty fine journalistic integrity right there.

Look man, leave in that he's white. And when a black guy or a hispanic guy or a white guy or an asian guy or whatever commits a crime and the cops are looking for him, include a description of the perp. That means age, weight, height, facial hair, clothes, gender, identifying marks, and race.

By removing this guy's race due to this thread you're doing everyone a disservice and making a joke of the paper you write for. Generally it's a good idea to disregard what people on this website say anyway.

Posted on: 2015/6/25 22:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/26 14:00
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
In most cases, does it really matter if the alleged criminal's race is reported upon? If the description of the PoI is "a medium height black man last seen wearing a blue t-shirt and a red hat", I can't imagine that the "black man" portion of the description is really going to help law enforcement track him down via tips from the citizenry.

If there's a picture of the alleged criminal, it's a different story, but then it's a moot point. It seems like some people just like being able to say something along the lines of "look at all these black / Hmong / Latino / Samoan criminals".

Posted on: 2015/6/25 22:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
Glad I could help.

It would have been unusual for no one to point their finger back at me, so job well done.

Posted on: 2015/6/25 21:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Yeah, don't worry. We'll figure out whether it was you or your bosses being hypocritical.

I wish you well on this extremely important quest.

The verdict was in a while ago. Sorry, we all saw right through the original story, the lame explanation, the back-pedal and the "ask my bosses" schtick. Your defenders are just overly sensitive and fall all over themselves to not offend criminals of color.

Posted on: 2015/6/25 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Yeah, don't worry. We'll figure out whether it was you or your bosses being hypocritical.

I wish you well on this extremely important quest.

Posted on: 2015/6/25 21:08

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017