Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Sushi Tango
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
As for Sushi Tango closing down, good riddance. I visited that place twice: the furniture was dirty (the covers on the cushions on the benches were FILTHY) and the place overall was just one giant MEH with zero ambiance and just plain dead. The second time was a take out order (no way I was going to waste my time sitting there) but it was remarkably uninspired sushi.

If you want truly great sushi, served by people who are welcoming and always smiling and looking to serve you with care, go hit up Honshu Lounge (above City Diner, formerly known as Flamingo Diner). Their sushi is always fresh, and very good. And, to top it off, it is BYOB. Once I found Honshu, my search for good sushi came to an end.

Posted on: 2015/7/27 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/5 16:03
From PAD
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Not sure what you mean by authenticity, but most of the beer gardens I have visited in Germany (particularly Munich and some in Frankfurt) look essentially the same as the Zepp: outdoor space, long communal wooden tables with benches, some with grass, others without.

As for the clientele being "a little weird" I suppose it is mixed bag of people, which I happen to prefer. In my mind, a true beer garden is just like that: open to all, and welcoming to anyone from a baby to an octogenarian. I like that people come to the Zepp with kids and hang out with other parents/families while enjoying an outdoor beer. You get some groups of bros, which does suck, but I find the place to be great.

BTW, images of beer gardens in Germany. Not sure what you see there, but it looks remarkably similar to the Zepp.

I think he means the stage area, which is admittedly a little cheesy and over the top with the Bavarian styling. Not that it really matters - plenty of good beers, good enough food, huge, really not sure what else you'd be looking for in a biergarten.

Posted on: 2015/7/27 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Yeah the food is really good at Zeppelin - I was there on Saturday. I don't have a major problem with Zeppelin, but my comments were more along the line of authenticity (I think Zeppelin is kind of cheap/Disney-looking), and the clientele is sometimes a little weird.

Not sure what you mean by authenticity, but most of the beer gardens I have visited in Germany (particularly Munich and some in Frankfurt) look essentially the same as the Zepp: outdoor space, long communal wooden tables with benches, some with grass, others without.

As for the clientele being "a little weird" I suppose it is mixed bag of people, which I happen to prefer. In my mind, a true beer garden is just like that: open to all, and welcoming to anyone from a baby to an octogenarian. I like that people come to the Zepp with kids and hang out with other parents/families while enjoying an outdoor beer. You get some groups of bros, which does suck, but I find the place to be great.

BTW, images of beer gardens in Germany. Not sure what you see there, but it looks remarkably similar to the Zepp.

Posted on: 2015/7/27 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah the food is really good at Zeppelin - I was there on Saturday. I don't have a major problem with Zeppelin, but my comments were more along the line of authenticity (I think Zeppelin is kind of cheap/Disney-looking), and the clientele is sometimes a little weird.

Posted on: 2015/7/27 15:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/5 16:03
From PAD
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Hmm. Interesting. Maybe a better executed one than Zeppelin. Although I thought beer gardens were kind of passe.

Not sure what's wrong with Zeppelin's execution. The food used to be atrocious, but they fixed that a year or so ago. Other than that, seems like a pretty normal beer garden, and one with a pretty solid mix of beer styles.

Posted on: 2015/7/27 14:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Hmm. Interesting. Maybe a better executed one than Zeppelin. Although I thought beer gardens were kind of passe.

Posted on: 2015/7/27 3:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bricks wrote:
I was told by one of the adjacent businesses that it is going to become a beer garden. Yes, another one.

The worlds tiniest beer garden. What is this, a school for ants?? How can we teach the children to read good if they can't fit in the building

Posted on: 2015/7/27 0:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Looks like Sushi Tango is closed for good. Anybody have any Intel on what's coming into the space?

Well that sucks. I attended a low key wedding reception there last summer. The owner was so awesome and the food was pretty good. I had never been before that. I wanted to go back but never got around to it. So this is probably partially my fault

Posted on: 2015/7/27 0:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/5/17 15:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I was told by one of the adjacent businesses that it is going to become a beer garden. Yes, another one.

Posted on: 2015/7/27 0:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Deli Parton - Southern Jewish Comfort Food

Posted on: 2015/7/26 23:43

Sushi Tango
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Looks like Sushi Tango is closed for good. Anybody have any Intel on what's coming into the space?

Posted on: 2015/7/26 21:19

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017