Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 60 »

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Signal failures on the NWK-WTC line. Westbound train sat at JSQ for 10 minutes then the announcement was made that the train would terminate in Harrison. Figured I'd get an Uber from Harrison to Newark. Train continued to sit at JSQ. 5 minutes, 10 minutes. Said screw this and ran upstairs to get an Uber to Newark.

Missed my connecting NJtransit train by 60 seconds (of course that train left on time, Murphys Law).

I allowed a fucking hour to go from Grove Street to Newark, and it was a fail. This system has gone from reliable to absolutely shameful. How can we make our voices heard, legitimately?

The worst part is...what the hell were they doing when they shut this line down for a year? Wasn't it to fix the damn signal problems? Port Authority needs to have the Path forcibly taken out of their control.

Posted on: 2015/8/1 21:05

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
UWS 81st and Columbus to WTC...takes a few hours with delays in the theatre district.

Posted on: 2015/7/26 22:28

Re: PATH Train gripes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:
Clearly the Port Authority does not care about their NJ riders.

At night time the trains are packed and stop in Hoboken first, sometimes sitting at the station for an extra 10 minutes.

The trains already run infrequently. There is obviously a demand for more service but they'd rather pack us up like sardines in a can.

I often walk from the Upper West Side to WTC to save myself the headache of being in a packed train since the NYC subway is packed along the line that runs to where I want to go, but at least it comes more often at night.

The Metrocard machines at Grove are often out of new cards or won't accept payments after 5PM on a weekday, which for some of us is when we're going to the city whether it be for work or other things. It's still costing us time and money nonetheless.

If only they allowed bicycles through the tunnel, but I'm sure they'd find a way to charge us for the smoggy air to breathe.
congrats on walking from upper west to wtc....how long does it take you?

He actually meant the lower east side, didn't ya Phil ;)

Posted on: 2015/7/25 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:

At night time the trains are packed and stop in Hoboken first, sometimes sitting at the station for an extra 10 minutes.

The trains already run infrequently. There is obviously a demand for more service but they'd rather pack us up like sardines in a can.

I often walk from the Upper West Side to WTC to save myself the headache of being in a packed train since the NYC subway is packed along the line that runs to where I want to go, but at least it comes more often at night.

The Metrocard machines at Grove are often out of new cards or won't accept payments after 5PM on a weekday, which for some of us is when we're going to the city whether it be for work or other things. It's still costing us time and money nonetheless.

If only they allowed bicycles through the tunnel, but I'm sure they'd find a way to charge us for the smoggy air to breathe.
congrats on walking from upper west to wtc....how long does it take you?

Posted on: 2015/7/25 0:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/25 1:51
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmiz wrote:
Yep. NYC is a bastion of sanity, morals, and regulated pricing.

A $2.75 path ride is too much but a $2.75 subway ride is fine?
I get a lot more reliability, more frequent rides, more communication, and more distance for my $2.75 Metro fare than I do out of my PATH fare. It's weird how when the PATH was $1.25 per ride, it was more reliable and ran more frequently on more lines than it does today.

Posted on: 2015/7/24 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/7/24 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Yep. NYC is a bastion of sanity, morals, and regulated pricing.

A $2.75 path ride is too much but a $2.75 subway ride is fine?

Posted on: 2015/7/24 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Are there commuters complaining to the PATH officials? I'm so annoyed to put it bluntly, I'm thinking of leaving JC and going back to NYC! My livelihood is at stake.

Posted on: 2015/7/24 21:09

PATH Train gripes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Ever since the latest fare hike almost every day there's a problem with The Path Trains! Now the NY Waterways just hiked their fares it's a wonder why so many are leaving Jersey City to live across the river!

Posted on: 2015/7/24 21:00

Re: PATH and The Shithole of Port Authority
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

I for one really like the new WTC PATH station, and am looking forward to it being finished. I love how light, airy, architecturally engaging it is, and feel history will prove it was worth the time and money to create good design.

I can understand how Downtowners feel tho' - for you all it is more like taking the subway from you lovely neighborhood, more like living in the city, and so practicality is key.

Living in the Heights, my commute starts waiting for a bus on the corner of Palisade Avenue - shuttered storefronts, abandoned buildings, trash skittering in the wind - and ends at the WTC station - this beautiful, futuristic space, and up you pop into the amazing energy of Manhattan! The quality of the space is important; hopefully the quality of the ride will catch up.

I don't contest the fact that it's aesthetically pleasing, or that it time it will come to be regarded as a great public space. I would applaud the ostentation if it were matched by the project's practicality as a transit hub. The problem is that it's ornateness is not matched by its functionality.

For example, there were not enough stairs to handle the rush hour crowds on the temporary PATH platforms, and incredibly nothing has been done to increase the stairwell capacity of the new platforms. In fact, the new Hoboken platform has FEWER staircases than the temporary one had, so people are waiting even longer to get off the platform in the morning rush.

The oculus itself is a 100% redundant feature - nothing more than a glorified skylight, but particularly galling is the fact that the entrance through the oculus from ground level at Church St is certain to be continually infested with tourists taking photos, in the same way they perpetually block the Vanderbilt Ave entrance to Grand Central. The rendering makes it clear that this entrance is little more than a balcony designed to give the tourists an unobstructed vista against which they can pose like idiots.

Actual NJ & NY folks using the station will have to either fight their way through these morons and the crowds milling around the shopping mall below, or simply use one of the non-ostentatious subway entrances that will be located around the perimeter of the WTC site. The fact is that almost all of us will end up using these perfectly functional side entrances and explicitly avoiding the oculus and shopping concourse in order to make it to our trains without encountering the tourist horde. This project is for the tourists - we're just the suckers that are footing the bill.

Posted on: 2015/7/21 19:24

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/3 13:26
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Any word on when the new WTC PATH entrances are going to open? I heard that they were supposed to open a couple Mondays ago, but that obviously didn't happen. Being able to enter/exit on Liberty St will shorten my commute by at least a few minutes, and every minute counts.

Posted on: 2015/7/21 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
You know election is nigh when every single fucking thread veers into politics. I am tired of it already and it is only 2015.

Posted on: 2015/7/21 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I am also a fan of the new WTC, the old WTC had cheesy retail and one dive bar. Hopefully they will get better retail options and maybe two dive bars with some swanky new bars.

Had always thought there was something biblical about Windows on the World. "Come to NYC and all this can be yours...". It was a great place to bring friends and family visiting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_on_the_World

Posted on: 2015/7/21 17:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I am also a fan of the new WTC, the old WTC had cheesy retail and one dive bar. Hopefully they will get better retail options and maybe two dive bars with some swanky new bars.

Posted on: 2015/7/21 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
Just to further stoke the outrage of my fellow PA haters at the unconscionable filthy lucre and largesse on display at the WTC, yesterday it was announced that the skylight in the center of the train station's oculus will be retractable and will open annually for the anniversary of Score09's demented conspiracy fantasies:

NYT story (paywall): http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/20/nyr ... akes-final-form.html?_r=0

Curbed summary: http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2015/07 ... ill_open_each_sept_11.php

I for one really like the new WTC PATH station, and am looking forward to it being finished. I love how light, airy, architecturally engaging it is, and feel history will prove it was worth the time and money to create good design.

I can understand how Downtowners feel tho' - for you all it is more like taking the subway from you lovely neighborhood, more like living in the city, and so practicality is key.

Living in the Heights, my commute starts waiting for a bus on the corner of Palisade Avenue - shuttered storefronts, abandoned buildings, trash skittering in the wind - and ends at the WTC station - this beautiful, futuristic space, and up you pop into the amazing energy of Manhattan! The quality of the space is important; hopefully the quality of the ride will catch up.

Posted on: 2015/7/21 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/18 1:42
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
I think a question we should be asking is it really necessary for the Port Authority to exist? Does a semi-government run agency really need to be in charge of ports, bridges, tunnels, airports, real estate development, and the PATH train?

I?m down.

But we?ll need at least a couple thousand people to come on board if the civil disobedience rally is to be meaningful. And each person will have to take a day off from work. I?d say we gather around 1 o?clock. That?ll give the troops an hour to get good and loaded at the local bars, preferably with Tequila and beer chasers. Then we can hit them full force! We can take over the Holland Tunnel entranceway and be totally disruptive. The press will love it! Especially, if a few of us are willing to take a couple of shots and throw a few punches at the police as the scene devolves into an ?all out? riot! I?m just hoping that we don?t set off another Reginald Denny incident. They can arrest us and charge us with whatever, but at least our voice will be heard!

The time for pondering questions is long gone. We need to liberate the oppressors from their inhumanity.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 22:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:

But sheeple are sheeple, and I digress.

And M&Ms are better than Lithium. Right?

Indeed they are. At least in my opinion.

Heights will trade you some blues for some reds.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

That's a given. You do know not a single Jew died in all the attacks. Sammy Davis Jr was scheduled to be on one of the planes and changed his flight after getting a call from Tel Aviv.

Ha ha. Here's a perfect example of the silencing tactic. Be facetious! Not at all surprising from someone who so fervently aligns himself to the right. Never question Israel, lol.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 22:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
It was the Tri-Lateral Commission! Wait, it was the Illumanati. Oops, forgot it was the Freemasons. Dang it, wasn't it really Skull and Bones? You know, the Yalie Bush's are tight with the Saudi's. I just can't keep up.

Don't forget the Mossad! It's the Jews! Always the Jews!

That's a given. You do know not a single Jew died in all the attacks. Sammy Davis Jr was scheduled to be on one of the planes and changed his flight after getting a call from Tel Aviv.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:

Indeed they are. At least in my opinion.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

score09 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/7/20 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Yeah and where was Barack HUSSEIN Obama on that day? I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts he was on board one of those planes, right in the cockpit alongside his best friends Hillary "Benghazi" Clinton, George "W" Bush and Bill "literally Hitler" Ayers.

Wow. Continue to bury your head in the sand. And keep drinking that main stream media, Jonestown-esque, kool-aid. It goes like this:

Whenever anyone questions the official party line, break out the derision and ridicule, no matter how preposterous the official party line is. Call them a "conspiracy theorist" or call them a "communist" or label them "anti-Semitic." In short, do anything to give them pause and silence them. And the rich will just keep on getting richer.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:

No, not always. But there was 1) The Lavon Affair and 2) The USS Liberty incident. So, not without precedent. I'd certainly buy that long before the 911 Commission Report.

But, sheeple are sheeple and I digress.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 21:31

Edited by score09 on 2015/7/20 21:47:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
It was the Tri-Lateral Commission! Wait, it was the Illumanati. Oops, forgot it was the Freemasons. Dang it, wasn't it really Skull and Bones? You know, the Yalie Bush's are tight with the Saudi's. I just can't keep up.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
...it was announced that the skylight in the center of the train station's oculus will be retractable and will open annually for the anniversary of Score09's demented conspiracy fantasies:

NYT story (paywall): http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/20/nyr ... akes-final-form.html?_r=0

Curbed summary: http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2015/07 ... ill_open_each_sept_11.php

Right, as if thousands of architects and engineers aren?t equally skeptical. As if 19 Muslim ?terrorists? managed to hijack four US airliners, using box cutters, and hit 3 of the 4 intended targets, without any interference from NORAD. As if the plane that went down in Shanksville, thanks to the heroics of one Todd "Beamer," and the one that hit the pentagon simply vaporized upon impact, lol. As if towers 1 and 2 could collapse in pancake fashion from fire stoked by jet fuel.

Anyway, it is indeed an outrage about the retractable roof.
Yeah and where was Barack HUSSEIN Obama on that day? I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts he was on board one of those planes, right in the cockpit alongside his best friends Hillary "Benghazi" Clinton, George "W" Bush and Bill "literally Hitler" Ayers.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/7/20 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
...it was announced that the skylight in the center of the train station's oculus will be retractable and will open annually for the anniversary of Score09's demented conspiracy fantasies:

Right, as if thousands of architects and engineers aren?t equally skeptical. As if 19 Muslim ?terrorists? managed to hijack four US airliners, using box cutters, and hit 3 of the 4 intended targets, without any interference from NORAD. As if the plane that went down in Shanksville, thanks to the heroics of one Todd "Beamer," and the one that hit the pentagon simply vaporized upon impact, lol. As if towers 1 and 2 could collapse in pancake fashion from fire stoked by jet fuel.

Anyway, it is indeed an outrage about the retractable roof.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 19:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Just to further stoke the outrage of my fellow PA haters at the unconscionable filthy lucre and largesse on display at the WTC, yesterday it was announced that the skylight in the center of the train station's oculus will be retractable and will open annually for the anniversary of Score09's demented conspiracy fantasies:

Posted on: 2015/7/20 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
wtf? I hate the Port Authority, but you're insane. My point was that when they said the hikes would go towards infrastructure improvement, it was a lie because it all went to the WTC. Though I don't know why I'm trying to reason with a crazy person.

Ah, I see now. Good point.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The Port Authority Bus Terminal will be moved to Secaucus, NJ. The land it currently occupies in Manhattan will be redeveloped to pay entirely for the construction of the new terminal and improved rail access to Secaucus. Several Hudson County bus routes will still continue on to New York and make local stops along one of the avenues. You've heard it first!

In the distant future, the NYC Transit 7 line may be extended to Secaucus, too.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 14:12

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 60 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017