Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Re: Please Help Prato Bakery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
If they keep making what they're making at the quality that they're currently making it, my contributions alone will keep them there for generations.

I hope they get done whatever needs to get done. Fulop and Co. would be fools to allow a trifling zoning issue to shut this place down.

Posted on: 2015/7/8 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
my understanding as it was explained at the HCNA is:

1. Prado doesn't really have the zoning for an eat-in establishment. The former occupant was Morales Bodega that just had takeaway.

2. Prado closes at 7:30 which does not guarantee that the next occupant of the space won't be a restaurant that closes at midnight or later.

Posted on: 2015/7/8 22:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
Damn, I've been waiting patiently for little back garden to open.

I was really hoping to sit out there and quietly drink my coffee from 8am to 4pm.

Shame that disturbs somebody's vampire routine or something? Who complains about a patio area that isn't even open yet?

There must be a missing detail here.

Posted on: 2015/7/8 20:42

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/3 3:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I've been to Prato and I think it's a super cute bakery and I would love to see them succeed. That being said, if they don't have the correct permits/zoning to have outdoor seating, that's their own fault for not doing their own research. I don't feel bad for them about this.

Posted on: 2015/7/8 19:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 18:29
Group:
Registered Users
People drinking coffee outside is such a nuisance! Give me a break, another case of people who need to move to the burbs.

Posted on: 2015/7/8 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like a zoning issue to me.

Posted on: 2015/7/8 18:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/4 10:26
Group:
Registered Users
I'm super confused. Can anyone explain why if the issue has something to do with a neighbor and the back yard space, why the tables and chairs inside had to be removed? I'm just not understanding.

Posted on: 2015/7/8 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Here is the text of the petition:

Prato Bakery is suffering. A neighbor who lives next door to the business has placed a complaint against the bakery, stopping the preparation of a community back garden, and forcing the bakery to remove all of their tables and chairs as of this morning while the dispute is resolved. This issue places strain on the business and it threatens not only its survival, but the thriving of the community.

Prato is a lovely little neighborhood hub, in the heart of the Jersey City, that offers as uniquely warm atmosphere and is frequented by neighbors and families.

We want to ask the community to support this petition to keep Prato Bakery open, and to encourage Steve Fulop (Mayor of Jersey City) to take action in defending a small business that adds a lot of value and vibrance to a rapidly flourishing community.

(This is utterly ridiculous. This guy expanded from NYC and chose Jersey City to move his business to. He worked for a year to open this place. He is a great guy and a great addition to the JC community. Bakeries do not have a great margin to begin with - impeding business like this could be very harmful. As 3rd noted, what's the real story here?)
if fulop wants to see jersey city progress, then he had better be more pro-active in helping businesses like prato prosper

Posted on: 2015/7/8 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
or maybe there's more than one side to this story?

at least they aren't asking for money, the way amt is

Posted on: 2015/7/8 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Here is the text of the petition:

Prato Bakery is suffering. A neighbor who lives next door to the business has placed a complaint against the bakery, stopping the preparation of a community back garden, and forcing the bakery to remove all of their tables and chairs as of this morning while the dispute is resolved. This issue places strain on the business and it threatens not only its survival, but the thriving of the community.

Prato is a lovely little neighborhood hub, in the heart of the Jersey City, that offers as uniquely warm atmosphere and is frequented by neighbors and families.

We want to ask the community to support this petition to keep Prato Bakery open, and to encourage Steve Fulop (Mayor of Jersey City) to take action in defending a small business that adds a lot of value and vibrance to a rapidly flourishing community.

(This is utterly ridiculous. This guy expanded from NYC and chose Jersey City to move his business to. He worked for a year to open this place. He is a great guy and a great addition to the JC community. Bakeries do not have a great margin to begin with - impeding business like this could be very harmful. As 3rd noted, what's the real story here?)

Posted on: 2015/7/8 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
This is why we can't have nice things.. a bunch of complainers, that want a suburb feel in a downtown area. Idiots!
ditto!

Posted on: 2015/7/8 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
This is why we can't have nice things.. a bunch of complainers, that want a suburb feel in a downtown area. Idiots!

Posted on: 2015/7/8 17:23

Please Help Prato Bakery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
So I came across this petition on Change.org:

https://www.change.org/p/please-help-p ... gn=share_email_responsive

It's pretty unclear as to what the dispute is trying to resolve. I've never been to Prato but I guess they have an open back area that butts up against another property. This petition makes it sound like the complaint is trying to get Prato to close up shop, which to me doesn't make any sense. Seems like the simple answer is that if Prato wants an open area, they need to do it in a way that won't disturb the neighbor (if even possible). Anyone know what the real issue is here?

Posted on: 2015/7/8 17:17

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017