Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey Enters Presidential Race
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
America has little love for New Jersey, which might not bode well for Chris Christie's campaign as a recent addition to the Republican race for president.

Story

The same could be said about how NJ feels about Christie. His approval rating in NJ is around 30% from NJ residents.

Posted on: 2015/7/4 11:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
America has little love for New Jersey, which might not bode well for Chris Christie's campaign as a recent addition to the Republican race for president.

Story

Posted on: 2015/7/4 0:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

tbo wrote:
He can run if he wants..(I won't vote for him) but why should we have to pay for it? Isn't that why they have fundraisers? Is that normal?

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... rity_on.html#incart_river
christie had them rolling on the floor with his "tell it like it is" charade. did anyone hear him saying how nj leads the country in job growth, low taxes, productivity, etc?

He is. NJ real estate taxes were rising 6-8% a year before Christie, they're now under 2% for the last several years, and under 1.2% last year. He just vetoed more tax increases proposed by the Democrat Legislature, and growth has been stymied by the taxes imposed by the Democrats-so he just also vetoed another business tax increase they put in the budget.

Other than that, you're spot on!

Posted on: 2015/7/3 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tbo wrote:
He can run if he wants..(I won't vote for him) but why should we have to pay for it? Isn't that why they have fundraisers? Is that normal?

christie had them rolling on the floor with his "tell it like it is" charade. did anyone hear him saying how nj leads the country in job growth, low taxes, productivity, etc?

Posted on: 2015/7/3 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
An elitist, Christie?

nah

But Chelsea Clinton getting 65K for a ten minute speech, because the non-profit university couldn't afford Hillary's 265K speaking bill-now that's elitist!

http://pagesix.com/2015/06/30/how-che ... 742.1292794322.1399373809

Posted on: 2015/7/3 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You want a candidate who lies and destroys evidence? We've got one.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB1062214 ... 4867804581084390421645776

Posted on: 2015/7/3 14:43

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 17:19
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/7/3 14:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/01/opi ... elling.html?emc=eta1&_r=1

On his new website, Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey portrays himself as a guy who gets attacked for ?telling it like it is,? but that?s what his mom told him to do from her deathbed.

It is part of the legend Mr. Christie has carefully cultivated for many years, with startling success. He is described as ?brash? and ?bold,? with a certain rough charisma that his political opponents just cannot handle. ?I get accused a lot of times of being too blunt and too direct and saying what?s on my mind just a little bit too loudly,? he says in the first video for his presidential campaign, showing him with a selected group of adoring voters.

It?s fundamentally nonsense. There are lines between brash and belligerent, between open and obnoxious, and, most important, between ?telling it like it is? and not telling the truth. Mr. Christie crosses those lines all the time, as Tom Moran, the editorial page editor of The Star-Ledger of Newark, documented in a blistering column about Mr. Christie?s ?catalog of lies.?

?Don?t misunderstand me. They all lie, and I get that,? Mr. Moran wrote of politicians in general. ?But Christie does it with such audacity, and such frequency, that he stands out.?

I believe you can cut and paste TRUMP's name into this article too - Both are self righteous, bullies with no empathy. They both display elitist and discriminatory traits that this country doesn't need and will only cause havoc in foreign policy issues.

Posted on: 2015/7/1 22:02
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/01/opi ... elling.html?emc=eta1&_r=1

On his new website, Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey portrays himself as a guy who gets attacked for ?telling it like it is,? but that?s what his mom told him to do from her deathbed.

It is part of the legend Mr. Christie has carefully cultivated for many years, with startling success. He is described as ?brash? and ?bold,? with a certain rough charisma that his political opponents just cannot handle. ?I get accused a lot of times of being too blunt and too direct and saying what?s on my mind just a little bit too loudly,? he says in the first video for his presidential campaign, showing him with a selected group of adoring voters.

It?s fundamentally nonsense. There are lines between brash and belligerent, between open and obnoxious, and, most important, between ?telling it like it is? and not telling the truth. Mr. Christie crosses those lines all the time, as Tom Moran, the editorial page editor of The Star-Ledger of Newark, documented in a blistering column about Mr. Christie?s ?catalog of lies.?

?Don?t misunderstand me. They all lie, and I get that,? Mr. Moran wrote of politicians in general. ?But Christie does it with such audacity, and such frequency, that he stands out.?

Posted on: 2015/7/1 14:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Christie, along with Carly Fiorina and Jeb Bush, are the only Republican candidates who acknowledge their issues with the SCOTUS ruling allowing gay marriage, yet don't support states ignoring it, or pushing for a Constitutional amendment. This puts him in line with the majority of Republican and Evangelical millennial, as well as Americans in general.

On this basis alone - while I would cut off my arm before pulling the lever for a Republican - I wish him well in trying to bring some intelligent discourse to the traveling sh@t/freak-show that is the Republican primary slate, and to stand up to the scared old white evangelicals who are dominating the primary process.

If the Republicans quit courting bigots and stuck to a consistent flow of logic, they don't have an unappealing argument. It isn't based in reality, but in theory it's fine...

Posted on: 2015/7/1 13:29
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Let's see USA sort of accepted a half Negro for a president who proved to be a total lightweight and incompetent political fool.

Maybe a pork face glutton who stuffs his asshole with cake and pizza has a chance this round - (not!)

Barbara Bush is Black?

Posted on: 2015/7/1 12:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Monroe, you have been Christie's #1 supporter for the past several years. Are you disappointed in how those years have turned out for him?

Also, what is your prediction for who will win the Republican primaries?

He singlehandedly led Republican Governors to big wins in the 2014 mid terms and the halo effect on other races was huge. I'm only disappointed that he had such a bunch of loony Dems in the Legislature to deal with. But we should all be glad the 8% annual property tax increases are now down tremendously.

Posted on: 2015/7/1 12:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Why sponsor a lost cause ... it is a waste of campaign money if its directed for Christie.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/7/1 11:02
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Let's see USA sort of accepted a half Negro for a president who proved to be a total lightweight and incompetent political fool.

Maybe a pork face glutton who stuffs his asshole with cake and pizza has a chance this round - (not!)

Posted on: 2015/7/1 3:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Monroe, you have been Christie's #1 supporter for the past several years. Are you disappointed in how those years have turned out for him?

Also, what is your prediction for who will win the Republican primaries?

Posted on: 2015/7/1 3:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yes, corrupt (and almost equally corrupt) Hudson and Essex counties were the only two counties in NJ not to support Republican Governor Christie in his re-election in blue NJ. No shock that a poll here wouldn't support him.
roflmfao..you go christie

Posted on: 2015/7/1 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, corrupt (and almost equally corrupt) Hudson and Essex counties were the only two counties in NJ not to support Republican Governor Christie in his re-election in blue NJ. No shock that a poll here wouldn't support him.

Posted on: 2015/7/1 1:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
A man frustrated with Christie was quick to respond: "Not in a second. I'd never vote for him in a million years. He's a loser. I don't trust him as far as I could throw him, which is not very far."

Read In small survey of Hudson County, Christie doesn't stand a chanceNJ.COM

Posted on: 2015/7/1 0:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Christie, along with Carly Fiorina and Jeb Bush, are the only Republican candidates who acknowledge their issues with the SCOTUS ruling allowing gay marriage, yet don't support states ignoring it, or pushing for a Constitutional amendment. This puts him in line with the majority of Republican and Evangelical millennial, as well as Americans in general.

On this basis alone - while I would cut off my arm before pulling the lever for a Republican - I wish him well in trying to bring some intelligent discourse to the traveling sh@t/freak-show that is the Republican primary slate, and to stand up to the scared old white evangelicals who are dominating the primary process.

Posted on: 2015/6/30 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrasg1 wrote:
He's going nowhere fast. But watching him
and Trump go at each other - priceless. !!!
Springsteen allowed him to play his music today?

The beginning of Christie's campaign is like watching the Titanic after it struck the iceberg. You know no matter what he does he's gonna sink.

Posted on: 2015/6/30 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
He's going nowhere fast. But watching him
and Trump go at each other - priceless. !!!
Springsteen allowed him to play his music today?

Posted on: 2015/6/30 16:24

Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey Enters Presidential Race
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
By MICHAEL BARBARO

Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, whose meteoric rise as a national Republican in his first term was matched only by his spectacular loss of stature at home in his second, enters the 2016 presidential race on Tuesday morning bearing little resemblance to the candidate he once expected to be.

The economic recovery he promised has turned into a cascade of ugly credit downgrades and anemic job growth. The state pension he vowed to fix has descended into a morass of missed payments and lawsuits. The administration he pledged would be a paragon of ethics has instead conspired to mire an entire town in traffic and the governor?s office in scandal.

Story

Posted on: 2015/6/30 15:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017