Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Uber & Taxi Industry Clash in France
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Just wait until liquor license laws change in NJ and the bars and liquor stores go on strike. Without beer, everybody will be rioting! I'll be here all night, folks.

Posted on: 2015/6/27 3:22

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/2 4:31
Group:
Registered Users
JCMan8, it is nice to see you take time away from managing Stormfront to share your insights with us. I know, some of your best friends are black. And Muslim.

Posted on: 2015/6/27 2:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Today there was a Muslim terrorist attack in Lyon, France, where they beheaded someone, set off explosions, and raised an Islamist flag.

These taxi cabbie protests are really escalating.

Posted on: 2015/6/26 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
This thread would have been more interesting if Jerry Lewis had been in the besieged taxi.

Posted on: 2015/6/26 20:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
I always find it humorous when poors foolishly defend the corrupt system of quasi free market capitalism that has kept them poor and will continue to keep them poor while a handful of the richest few suckle wealth from their labor. France has a stronger middle class and a better average standard of living for their people, and that comes at the expense of the wealthiest members of society. Certainly that means the millionaires can buy fewer gold plated iWatches and may have only four or five homes instead of nine or ten, but for the average worker, the quality of life is higher. Damn right unionized workers are going to fight to maintain that standard of living and they have every right to do it. If you fucking twats weren't so busy defending the corporate oligarchs you might take a moment to realize you're fighting over the breadcrumbs they leave behind.

For many of use those breadcrumbs as you call them can be quite substantial. More so than the average person's take in France. France, and much of Europe, are great places to be B-team. Society will take care of you. Just don't bother being an A. For that there's London and the US.

There are some of us that recognize the fact that the benefits obtained helped us reach those higher levels of society and don't mind giving back in order to allow others to do the same. Then there are assholes that say "I've got mine, screw you for trying to get yours."

Posted on: 2015/6/26 19:15
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dude, you live in Jersey. You are the fucking B Team.

Is that what your parents taught you growing up? No wonder you're so mad.

Posted on: 2015/6/26 19:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Touche!

Robin.

Posted on: 2015/6/26 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:

For many of use those breadcrumbs as you call them can be quite substantial. More so than the average person's take in France. France, and much of Europe, are great places to be B-team. Society will take care of you. Just don't bother being an A. For that there's London and the US.

Dude, you live in Jersey. You are the fucking B Team.

Posted on: 2015/6/26 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
I always find it humorous when poors foolishly defend the corrupt system of quasi free market capitalism that has kept them poor and will continue to keep them poor while a handful of the richest few suckle wealth from their labor. France has a stronger middle class and a better average standard of living for their people, and that comes at the expense of the wealthiest members of society. Certainly that means the millionaires can buy fewer gold plated iWatches and may have only four or five homes instead of nine or ten, but for the average worker, the quality of life is higher. Damn right unionized workers are going to fight to maintain that standard of living and they have every right to do it. If you fucking twats weren't so busy defending the corporate oligarchs you might take a moment to realize you're fighting over the breadcrumbs they leave behind.

Posted on: 2015/6/26 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/26 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
I find all this hating on Paris rather comical. I had nothing short of a very pleasant experience there.

Commies recognize their own?

Posted on: 2015/6/26 16:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I find all this hating on Paris rather comical. I had nothing short of a very pleasant experience there. Everyone was very kind. Bars gave me pint glasses that I liked. I even received a free train ride when trying to sort out which line I was supposed to take back into the city.

Posted on: 2015/6/26 14:10
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
When god created the earth she realized that she had made one country - France - far more beautiful than any other. To make up for this imbalance she populated it with French people. (Book of Sommerman, Chap.3, verse 6)

Posted on: 2015/6/26 11:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
the Sharing Economy is here to stay, it's the future.

Posted on: 2015/6/26 2:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Anyone that has ever been to Paris can probably tell a story or two about protests and their tendency to be extremely disruptive. Cabbies, and other service oriented job holders, provide the absolute minimum service. They don't have to go out of their way to do any better, as their jobs are often shrouded in overly generous protections. I have flown many, many times into Paris and not gone through a proper passport checkpoint because the agent at the booth has waved me through (all while looking rather bored and displeased about having to do his job). I stopped taking cabs to/from CDG because, honestly, it is always a shit show getting in or out of that airport. More times than not, there is some sort of "peaceful" demonstration by a union or syndicate protesting some "alleged" unfair business practice and they take to the streets and block the airport roads for hours on end. The article alleges that cabbies in Paris must undergo 250 hours of training... I wonder what they learn. I have dealt with cabbies in Paris that couldn't find their way out of a paper bag.

Oh, France... Libert?, ?galit?, Fraternit?. It's working wonders for you.

I avoid France like the plague that it is. Last time I was at CDG for a layover it smelled like piss. Now I choose FRA or LHR for my transfers. I leave the worker's paradise to its own devices.

Posted on: 2015/6/26 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone that has ever been to Paris can probably tell a story or two about protests and their tendency to be extremely disruptive. Cabbies, and other service oriented job holders, provide the absolute minimum service. They don't have to go out of their way to do any better, as their jobs are often shrouded in overly generous protections. I have flown many, many times into Paris and not gone through a proper passport checkpoint because the agent at the booth has waved me through (all while looking rather bored and displeased about having to do his job). I stopped taking cabs to/from CDG because, honestly, it is always a shit show getting in or out of that airport. More times than not, there is some sort of "peaceful" demonstration by a union or syndicate protesting some "alleged" unfair business practice and they take to the streets and block the airport roads for hours on end. The article alleges that cabbies in Paris must undergo 250 hours of training... I wonder what they learn. I have dealt with cabbies in Paris that couldn't find their way out of a paper bag.

Oh, France... Libert?, ?galit?, Fraternit?. It's working wonders for you.

Posted on: 2015/6/25 22:33

Uber & Taxi Industry Clash in France
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Protests and riots against UBER cause injuries and agony within the transportation community.
http://news.yahoo.com/french-cabbies- ... orts-roads-103556123.html

Posted on: 2015/6/25 21:13
Get on your bikes and ride !

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017