Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
75 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Why racists donate to Republicans
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
TheBigGuy wrote: And how often do you hear the some dope say openly and unchallenged that there can be no change until "all the old white men die" This twisted view is the type of fascist /scapegoating is exactly what happened to Jews and resulted in the Holocaust. They came for the ..... and I said nothing. And then they came for me and there was no one left.
I have [b][I]NEVER[/I][/B] heard the phrase "there can be no change until all the old white men die." However, good on you for coming up with an easy strawman to knock down. It's perfectly ripe for... Quote:
JCMan8 wrote: Quote:
TheBigGuy wrote: And how often do you hear the some dope say openly and unchallenged that there can be no change until "all the old white men die" This twisted view is the type of fascist /scapegoating is exactly what happened to Jews and resulted in the Holocaust. They came for the ..... and I said nothing. And then they came for me and there was no one left.
The very fact that someone can believe that shows that they don't really care about combating racism/sexism/ageism/trendy -ism of the week. They really only care about power, and imposing their warped ideologies on everyone.
...some other person that believes in the same dopey strawman so that they can go ahead and play the victim card.

Posted on: 2015/6/25 13:29
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Obama is disgustingly close with Sharpton, especially given the fact that Sharpton's a deadbeat who refuses to pay his taxes (because asking someone to pay their taxes is racist).

The liberal website Politico has more:

How Al Sharpton became Obama?s go-to man on race.

"What brought them together, according to numerous sources I?ve spoken with about this over the years, is a shared commitment to racial justice, and a hardheaded pragmatism that has fueled their success. ?He realized I wasn?t as irrational or as crazy as people thought,? Sharpton told me in an interview this week, and indeed Sharpton not only visits the White House frequently, he often texts or emails with senior Obama officials such as Jarrett and Attorney General Eric Holder, the first African American to hold that job and who, like Sharpton, views the Ferguson crisis as a pivotal one in Obama?s presidency."

http://www.politico.com/magazine/stor ... -110249.html#.VYtmuEYqRP0

Posted on: 2015/6/25 2:29

Edited by JCMan8 on 2015/6/25 2:44:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote: is exactly what happened to Jews and resulted in the Holocaust. They came for the ..... and I said nothing. And then they came for me and there was no one left.

Wow, you sound like Glen Beck

Posted on: 2015/6/25 2:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Give it a rest, and if you want to explore look into why the Southern Confederate Democrats love the Stars and Bars and put them in statehouses all over the South.

You mean the people that were conservatives then and switched to the Republicans in the 60s and early 70s?

Quote:
You may also want to ask why racist Al Sharpton has an open door policy at the White House

Resized Image

Quote:
and immunity from the Justice Department

Resized Image

while owing millions of dollars to the US government. [/quote]

Mebbe. http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/sharpton.asp

Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Plenty of Democrats have donated to Steven Fulop, a Democrat the last time I looked. They don't seem to have a problem with his racist (and sexist) views:

From June 24, 2014 Wall Street Journal article:
Says Fulop - "I'm not all that excited about a train ride with hundreds of predominantly white males," he said. "But it's something you need to do."

IIRC that was said in some jest, but shrug, run with that if it makes you feel better.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
And the Democrats love nothing more than Planned Parenthood-I wonder how many know about Margaret Sanger and her racist beliefs.

Yea, to the surprise of very few, many people were racist assholes back in the late 1800s and first half of this century. On all sides of the spectrum, actually. Woodrow Wilson was a "progressive" in most senses of the word, yet he won his first election with nearly every state in the union, losing only 96 of 531 electoral college votes. He was also a virulent racist.

In 1922 Texas, there was a statute that read ??in no event shall a Negro be eligible to participate in a Democratic party primary election held in the State of Texas??
California was segregating Asians for the entire first half of the 20th century. Congress passed the Chinese Exclusion Act in 1904 barring Chinese immigration. States throughout the south during this time passed segregation laws separating schools, trains, streetcars, buses, homes, parks, etc.

Vermont-born Republican Coolidge also had all kinds of issues for comparison's sake: the Immigration Act of 1924 restricts immigration from Southern and Eastern Europe. The Asian Exclusion Act, a component of the IA, prohibits individuals from Asian nations from immigrating to the United States. The language of the law defined any individual from an Asian nation as ineligible for U.S. citizenship.

During this time, the Communist Party was one of the very, VERY few parties arguing for equality among all races. But getting back to the Coolidge administration's issues: he failed to get anti-lynching acts passed through congress twice, and in his swan song, he stood by and did nothing during an enormous KKK march down Pennsylvania Ave in '28.

To sum up and get back to your stupid point, Sanger was an asshole among many things. Planned Parenthood does not celebrate or worship her. Planned Parenthood practices zero racial politics that I've ever heard of outside of the shittiness of its founder and from way back in the day.

Quote:
And with 6 million Jews killed a generation ago does the left shame anti-Semites like Jessie 'Hymietown' Jackson and Al 'Diamond Merchants, Greek Homos, and crackers' Sharpton.

Technically that would be 3.5 generations ago, but that's besides the point. Jackson's long past his political expiration date of having done anything significantly useful in the past... 30? years. Sharpton's been an asshole since way back.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
And how often do you hear the some dope say openly and unchallenged that there can be no change until "all the old white men die" This twisted view is the type of fascist /scapegoating is exactly what happened to Jews and resulted in the Holocaust. They came for the ..... and I said nothing. And then they came for me and there was no one left.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/6/25 1:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
And how often do you hear the some dope say openly and unchallenged that there can be no change until "all the old white men die" This twisted view is the type of fascist /scapegoating is exactly what happened to Jews and resulted in the Holocaust. They came for the ..... and I said nothing. And then they came for me and there was no one left.

The very fact that someone can believe that shows that they don't really care about combating racism/sexism/ageism/trendy -ism of the week. They really only care about power, and imposing their warped ideologies on everyone.

Posted on: 2015/6/25 1:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/25 0:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
It?s just a coincidental relationship.

People who are strongly motivated by fear tend to be drawn in larger numbers toward the conservative values embraced by the Republican party. Racism, which?let?s face it--is a form of irrational fear, is therefore be more likely to be found among Republicans. No mystery there.

Posted on: 2015/6/24 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
And the Democrats love nothing more than Planned Parenthood-I wonder how many know about Margaret Sanger and her racist beliefs.

And with 6 million Jews killed a generation ago does the left shame anti-Semites like Jessie 'Hymietown' Jackson and Al 'Diamond Merchants, Greek Homos, and crackers' Sharpton.

Posted on: 2015/6/24 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Plenty of Democrats have donated to Steven Fulop, a Democrat the last time I looked. They don't seem to have a problem with his racist (and sexist) views:

From June 24, 2014 Wall Street Journal article:
Says Fulop - "I'm not all that excited about a train ride with hundreds of predominantly white males," he said. "But it's something you need to do."

Posted on: 2015/6/24 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
The whole idea that Democrats are the party of minorities is SO antiquated and quaint. As a minority male that self identifies as Republican (albeit somewhat loosely, since I think of myself as a socially liberal Libertarian) I find the notion that Republicans are inherently racist to be personally offensive. Where some people see racism, I see disdain for lack of discipline, hard work and personal responsibility.

BTW, to blame immigration reform on racism is to simplify a complex issue into a soundbite easy to sell to simpletons. Immigration reform has failed, and will hopefully continue to fail, because it has failed to address some basic facts.

Like it or not, the only party that spends time catering to racists are Republicans. This doesn't make the party racist nor does it mean all Republicans are racist. However, they're consistent attempt at preventing homosexuals from marrying shows an underlying tone of bigotry and a catering to bigots.

It was mentioned in this thread that an Indian is running for the Republican nomination. The reality is that this Indian has to use an Americanized version of his name and has to be a staunch Christian in order to be given time. Does anyone believe for one minute that if he were Hindi that he'd ever get elected?

Mitt Romney received a ton of scrutiny simply due to his religion being a variation of Christianity.

If they'd truly like to be the party of all, they should actually stick to their core values...

Posted on: 2015/6/24 17:41
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I am going to guess no one down there has reading comprehension. Oh well.

Posted on: 2015/6/24 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
The whole idea that Democrats are the party of minorities is SO antiquated and quaint. As a minority male that self identifies as Republican (albeit somewhat loosely, since I think of myself as a socially liberal Libertarian) I find the notion that Republicans are inherently racist to be personally offensive. Where some people see racism, I see disdain for lack of discipline, hard work and personal responsibility.

BTW, to blame immigration reform on racism is to simplify a complex issue into a soundbite easy to sell to simpletons. Immigration reform has failed, and will hopefully continue to fail, because it has failed to address some basic facts.

Posted on: 2015/6/24 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Remember the days when newspapers pretended to be objective?

1. The piece is an editorial, it does need to pretend to be objective.

2. Who knows, maybe tomorrow they will write about why so many racists donate to the Democratic party anonymously.

Hahaha, good one! The day they call out racist behavior on the left will be the day they have new ownership.

Posted on: 2015/6/24 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

1. The piece is an editorial, it does need to pretend to be objective.

2. Who knows, maybe tomorrow they will write about why so many racists donate to the Democratic party anonymously.

Posted on: 2015/6/24 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/24 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Star-Ledger Editorial Board

A white supremacist leader has contributed to a slew of Republican candidates, many of whom are abashedly giving the money away after the Charleston church shooting.

But don't fault them for not knowing that Earl Holt III ? a man so crazy New Jersey Tea Partier Steve Lonegan calls him a "whackjob" ? was sending them checks. Campaigns receive thousands of donations, and can't research all of them.

Instead, we should be asking a much deeper question: Why would a racist like him embrace the Republican Party to begin with?

These candidates should sit in a room, turn out the lights and think about that. Think about their party's systemic efforts to turn minorities away at the polls, under the flimsy guise of voter fraud. Think about the xenophobia and racism that even Republicans admit was the primary reason they failed on immigration reform.

Full Editorial

And yet GOP Prez candidates include a black guy, an Indian guy (announcing soon), 2 hispanics, a woman. They must all be self-hating Uncle Toms.

Posted on: 2015/6/24 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Give it a rest, and if you want to explore look into why the Southern Confederate Democrats love the Stars and Bars and put them in statehouses all over the South.

You may also want to ask why racist Al Sharpton has an open door policy at the White House and immunity from the Justice Department while owing millions of dollars to the US government. Why is that racist getting away with it?

And I'll wait for the SLEB go after the no-show jobs and corruption in Hudson County by Democrats that impacts the minority population by stealing their money-that's racist as well.

Posted on: 2015/6/24 16:22

Why racists donate to Republicans
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Star-Ledger Editorial Board

A white supremacist leader has contributed to a slew of Republican candidates, many of whom are abashedly giving the money away after the Charleston church shooting.

But don't fault them for not knowing that Earl Holt III ? a man so crazy New Jersey Tea Partier Steve Lonegan calls him a "whackjob" ? was sending them checks. Campaigns receive thousands of donations, and can't research all of them.

Instead, we should be asking a much deeper question: Why would a racist like him embrace the Republican Party to begin with?

These candidates should sit in a room, turn out the lights and think about that. Think about their party's systemic efforts to turn minorities away at the polls, under the flimsy guise of voter fraud. Think about the xenophobia and racism that even Republicans admit was the primary reason they failed on immigration reform.

Full Editorial

Posted on: 2015/6/24 16:15

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017