Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 15 16 17 (18) 19 20 21 ... 60 »

Re: PATH and The Shithole of Port Authority
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
every penny went to the WTC. The cost overruns for the WTC matched the amount raised by the toll/fare hikes.

Oh...so justified is the ineptitude? On account of Sept. 11, 2001? Pardon me, but who are you?

Regardless, the mysterious circumstances surrounding the collapse of building number 7 (and I swear if I see the word "conspiracy" bandied about hereafter, I'm tearing it up) and the obvious fact that the 9/11 massacre was indeed planned and executed as a "false flag" precursor to a land grab (et al) in the name of oil, gives pause to anyone who might come on this board and attempt to justify or rationalize the obvious. It, the Port Authority, is a corrupt behemoth and it needs to go away, forever.

What are you, an accountant or just another Port Authority astro turfer?
wtf? I hate the Port Authority, but you're insane. My point was that when they said the hikes would go towards infrastructure improvement, it was a lie because it all went to the WTC. Though I don't know why I'm trying to reason with a crazy person.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
The new WTC also received massive damage during Sandy. Lots of switchgear and fuel cells were destroyed by the flooding. The PA had everything removed to a hanger in JFK so the equipment could be pieced through to see what was salvageable.

I was never really for putting a fancy new terminal in WTC. I would have been thrilled to just have a utilitarian, but functional station that could handle a lot of people.

I would have rather have seen money put towards something like running the PATH up 2nd Ave or extending PATH service to all three airports. Or maybe just accelerate the signal upgrade project.

The PA however, is a political body beholden to two governors and the interests that back them. Decisions are often not what the public needs but instead, what the power that be want.

I think a question we should be asking is it really necessary for the Port Authority to exist? Does a semi-government run agency really need to be in charge of ports, bridges, tunnels, airports, real estate development, and the PATH train?

Posted on: 2015/7/20 13:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yes the new terminal is really bad, the escalators with the repeat safety announcements are painfully annoying, and it's the biggest waste of space I think I have literally ever seen when exactly one block away is another brand new subway terminal -- we really couldn't have just piggybacked on that one and saved a ton of $$$ to be put towards signal repairs and track maintenance? Path needs to be taken away from Port Authority ASAP.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 13:16

Re: PATH and The Shithole of Port Authority.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The new terminal, alas, is uninviting and just wants to make you get to street level quick. A enormous waste of money. And whats to be said of that enormous ribbed carcass at street level that reminds you of a leftover turkey on Thanksgiving day.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 12:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
?..."Derp derp derp Lets spend unnecessary millions on the WTC station and make it literally a white marble palace! Yes every surface must be made of the most expensive materials we can find and be GLEAMING SPOTLESS WHITE! Who cares how much it will cost or even if riders WANTED a marble palace? Who cares that now we need to employ teams of workers who's sole job will be to wipe down every surface 24/7 so that the dirt won't show? An underground train station in New York should be EASY to keep clean, right? And it probably won't take too long to build, right? Oh we have cost and schedule overruns? I wonder why that happened? Oh well I still get paid to come up with these ideas and the riders won't mind if their transit fares go up dramatically to cover the unnecessary costs we added to this bloated project. I bet they won't mind the outrageous juxtaposition of silk vest wearing butlers cleaning constantly and gun toting soldiers dressed for combat loitering around doing absolutely nothing but projecting menace"??.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 12:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
It's too early in the week for conspiracy theories, we need to pass out some tinfoil hats.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 11:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

well.

here we are.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 4:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/18 1:42
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
every penny went to the WTC. The cost overruns for the WTC matched the amount raised by the toll/fare hikes.

Oh...so justified is the ineptitude? On account of Sept. 11, 2001? Pardon me, but who are you?

Regardless, the mysterious circumstances surrounding the collapse of building number 7 (and I swear if I see the word "conspiracy" bandied about hereafter, I'm tearing it up) and the obvious fact that the 9/11 massacre was indeed planned and executed as a "false flag" precursor to a land grab (et al) in the name of oil, gives pause to anyone who might come on this board and attempt to justify or rationalize the obvious. It, the Port Authority, is a corrupt behemoth and it needs to go away, forever.

What are you, an accountant or just another Port Authority astro turfer?

Posted on: 2015/7/20 3:26

Edited by score09 on 2015/7/20 3:56:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Also if you follow the path tweets you also know that they have delays due to signal failure/car issues daily. Where did all that money go, what was it $1 increase per fare and they still claim to have these issues?

Posted on: 2015/7/20 3:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Also if you follow the path tweets you also know that they have delays due to signal failure/car issues daily. Where did all that money go, what was it $1 increase per fare and they still claim to have these issues?

I'll quote Supertramp here, cause you are right!

"Right, right, you're bloody well right
You got a bloody right to say
Right, you're bloody well right
You know you got a right to say"

Posted on: 2015/7/20 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/7/20 0:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Raping people daily hand over fist @ $14 each thru the Holland and Lincoln Tunnels, yet the PATH terminal at JSQ is falling apart with rotten wood handrails and filthy assed platforms.

What a delight this private agency is.

I think there is another thread on this topic but as far as I'm concerned, there should be twenty plus such threads at the top of the board everyday!

Recently, I sat for 40 plus minutes waiting on train at 33rd Street. Got to the packed, standing-room-only 33rd Street station at midnight where the temperature was 100 hundred degrees, didn't get to Grove until 1. It is a money-grabbing Leviathan that just sucks away at the public's money, all day and night, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Despite all that money, it still can't figure out how to shuttle people back and fourth across the river more expeditiously. Just a total scam.

Posted on: 2015/7/20 0:39

PATH and The Shithole of Port Authority
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Raping people daily hand over fist @ $14 each thru the Holland and Lincoln Tunnels, yet the PATH terminal at JSQ is falling apart with rotten wood handrails and filthy assed platforms.

What a delight this private agency is.

Posted on: 2015/7/19 23:45

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
The platform at the new WTC station is hotter than Hades. Be sure to bring water if you'll be waiting longer th as n 15 mins! Haha.

In all honesty, who would taka the temporary station back in a heartbeat with additional service and/or an underground walkway to Fulton??? What a waste. It's not even that nice.

I think it's pretty cool but nowhere near $4 billion cool.

Although given its temperature, it sounds like "cool" is the last word that should be used to describe it.

Posted on: 2015/7/12 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
The platform at the new WTC station is hotter than Hades. Be sure to bring water if you'll be waiting longer th as n 15 mins! Haha.

In all honesty, who would taka the temporary station back in a heartbeat with additional service and/or an underground walkway to Fulton??? What a waste. It's not even that nice.

Posted on: 2015/7/12 2:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
PATH installed 8 6x5 billboards permanently affixed to the middle of the Grove station. Unbelievable taking up so much space on an already crowded platform not to mention the reduced space for their two year elevator project. PATH "Tear down this wall !"

Oh, goodness... The hyperbole never ceases with this nutter.

You know what else takes up "so much space on an already crowded platform"?? Fat, obese people. And Indian workers carrying their 50-pound backpacks. They take up as much space as those 6-inch thick "walls". You know what else takes up a ton more space? The clueless people who insist on bringing an OPEN double wide stroller onto PATH stations and trains.

oh c'mon. there's a difference between people taking up space with misbehavior (strollers and backpacks), and PATH officials taking up even more space with useless billboards. those "be courteous" signs are bullshit if the authority asking for courtesy can't show a modicum of it themselves.

I really don't think the billboards are a big deal. On the inconvenience scale of 1-10, they are a 2 at most.

The constant hijacking into Hoboken on the other hand, that's at least an 8 for me.

Agreed with you on both counts, but if they're going to put those stupid billboards in taking up some space, they could at least sell advertising on them instead.

Where is Teddy these days, BTW? I haven't seen him in at least six months, maybe longer.

I originally just assumed the PA would eventually sell advertising on them, as that's the natural thing to do.

But knowing the PA, that may not be a very safe assumption.

Probably in limbo since the Christie for President posters are unlikely.

Posted on: 2015/6/15 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
PATH installed 8 6x5 billboards permanently affixed to the middle of the Grove station. Unbelievable taking up so much space on an already crowded platform not to mention the reduced space for their two year elevator project. PATH "Tear down this wall !"

You know what else takes up "so much space on an already crowded platform"?? Fat, obese people. And Indian workers carrying their 50-pound backpacks. They take up as much space as those 6-inch thick "walls". You know what else takes up a ton more space? The clueless people who insist on bringing an OPEN double wide stroller onto PATH stations and trains.

oh c'mon. there's a difference between people taking up space with misbehavior (strollers and backpacks), and PATH officials taking up even more space with useless billboards. those "be courteous" signs are bullshit if the authority asking for courtesy can't show a modicum of it themselves.

I really don't think the billboards are a big deal. On the inconvenience scale of 1-10, they are a 2 at most.

The constant hijacking into Hoboken on the other hand, that's at least an 8 for me.

Agreed with you on both counts, but if they're going to put those stupid billboards in taking up some space, they could at least sell advertising on them instead.

Where is Teddy these days, BTW? I haven't seen him in at least six months, maybe longer.

I originally just assumed the PA would eventually sell advertising on them, as that's the natural thing to do.

But knowing the PA, that may not be a very safe assumption.

Posted on: 2015/6/15 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Glad to see that some people could actually understand my prior post that seems to have gotten FAB all riled up and his panties in a bunch. Of course, I was being facetious about the original comment from our resident nutter that these billboard frames are taking up a lot of space, in light of the space they actually consume given their width and depth.

In any case, I have to assume that they will use the space to sell advertisement at some point. Until then, it makes sense to use them for the PSA-type posters they keep putting in cars (be courteous, the one about the ominous box left behind, etc.) Truth be told, I was not happy to see them when they first popped up, but they really aren't a big deal.

Posted on: 2015/6/15 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/6/15 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Resized Image

I'm not seeing the connection between your image and my post, but I know you have a hard on for seeing sociopathic behavior in many things. You sure have some odd obsessions.

Let's review
1. You have issues with fat people
2. You have issues with obese people
3. You have issues with Indian people with back-packs but not other races with back-packs, yet these people could be U.S citizens
4. You have issue with parents with more then one child in a stroller.

Seriously you are a CLASSIC sociopath and don't even know it - Just keep on posting and your personality disorder shows it's true colors ... it must be easy for you to be so perfect!

If someone is wearing an oversized backpack on the train 8/10 times it's an Indian male. That's the reality. PATH needs to do s better job of drawing attention to this problem as some people are oblivious to how inconsiderate it is.

Posted on: 2015/6/15 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/6/15 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/6/15 14:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Resized Image

I'm not seeing the connection between your image and my post, but I know you have a hard on for seeing sociopathic behavior in many things. You sure have some odd obsessions.

Let's review
3. You have issues with Indian people with back-packs but not other races with back-packs, yet these people could be U.S citizens

Seriously you are a CLASSIC sociopath and don't even know it - Just keep on posting and your personality disorder shows it's true colors ... it must be easy for you to be so perfect!

Good going bodhipooh ! Eliminate the labeling however the problem still exists. If someone were to get injured, crushed, or hit there would be some liability claim, but that is what insurance is for, and how they base their rates. Just look at neighborhoods, education level, and fico scores.

Posted on: 2015/6/15 13:31
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

+couldn't agree more. despite my impeccable upbringing (LOL) I will not help with carrying strollers and have been known to ask mothers if they understand the health implications of exposing young children to micro-partcles of metals that result from steel grinding against steel. PATH poem of the month: Hock the Hermes Bag, Take an Uber Cab.
It would be really helpful if one of those signs had a NYC subway map so that when they announce: Because of the Cannes Film Festival the World Trade Center line is only running during Leap Years, I can plan another route. Okay, yeah that's hyperbole.

Posted on: 2015/6/15 13:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Resized Image

Let's review

Seriously you are a CLASSIC sociopath and don't even know it - Just keep on posting and your personality disorder shows it's true colors

I think you have issues with reading comprehension. None of what you concluded is actually supported by what I wrote. Stop reading what you want into things.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/6/15 12:44
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Resized Image

Let's review

Seriously you are a CLASSIC sociopath and don't even know it - Just keep on posting and your personality disorder shows it's true colors

I think you have issues with reading comprehension. None of what you concluded is actually supported by what I wrote. Stop reading what you want into things.

Posted on: 2015/6/15 12:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Resized Image

Let's review

Posted on: 2015/6/15 12:30
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/6/15 11:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/6/15 11:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/6/15 10:21

« 1 ... 15 16 17 (18) 19 20 21 ... 60 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017