Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Temporary Parking Permit
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/14 16:17
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne, you get a 2 hour limit without a permit and all weekend...it is not like you can never street park without a permit. And, as has been pointed out to you before, there is no RIGHT to street parking. It is a perk, not a guaranteed thing.

Posted on: 2015/5/28 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
This ordinance also means you cannot shop, go to the doctor or dentist if you need to use your car. Not everyone can walk 10 or 12 blocks especially during bad weather. When it come to a developer, the city bends over backwards granting 20 and 30 years abatement but when it comes to the regular folks who pay full taxes to the city finds to ways to take away money (MUA) and person rights (parking on the street.)

Pay the meter. That?s what I do, since I don't have parking permit, since my build offers parking. I knew this when I chose to move to my building, so I?m not going o be cry about not having the ?right? to park on the street. This rule has been around for a while now. I know it's been posted here many times in response to your whining about high rises and their residents are taking all your precious street parking. This rule helps alleviates that concern.

Posted on: 2015/5/28 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
This ordinance also means you cannot shop, go to the doctor or dentist if you need to use your car. Not everyone can walk 10 or 12 blocks especially during bad weather. When it come to a developer, the city bends over backwards granting 20 and 30 years abatement but when it comes to the regular folks who pay full taxes to the city finds to ways to take away money (MUA) and person rights (parking on the street.)

Posted on: 2015/5/28 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kimmygo wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The city council just passed an ordinance that certain properties in JC cannot have parking permits. This will affect Dixon Mills. I hope everything is in walking distance and they will not need to park on the street. This is Candice's idea.

As far as I know, it has ALWAYS been the official policy that the JC Parking Authority will not issue you a resident's parking permit if you live in a building that has parking available, EVEN IF THAT PARKING IS OPTIONAL OR REQUIRES YOU TO BUY YOUR SPOT. That's a fairly smart policy, as most people would choose to forgo paying for a deeded parking spot (which can cost as much as 50K in some buildings) or pay the going rents for monthly parking anywhere if you could instead just pay $15 for a yearly pass.

I live in Dixon Mills and was able to provide a note from management saying that I did not own a spot and could not purchase one, and they gave em a parking permit.

Your statement simply corroborates mine. See highlighted section. If you can not buy a spot, and one is not available otherwise, that would fit the definition of "parking being available to you".

Posted on: 2015/5/28 15:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/16 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The city council just passed an ordinance that certain properties in JC cannot have parking permits. This will affect Dixon Mills. I hope everything is in walking distance and they will not need to park on the street. This is Candice's idea.

As far as I know, it has ALWAYS been the official policy that the JC Parking Authority will not issue you a resident's parking permit if you live in a building that has parking available, EVEN IF THAT PARKING IS OPTIONAL OR REQUIRES YOU TO BUY YOUR SPOT. That's a fairly smart policy, as most people would choose to forgo paying for a deeded parking spot (which can cost as much as 50K in some buildings) or pay the going rents for monthly parking anywhere if you could instead just pay $15 for a yearly pass.

I live in Dixon Mills and was able to provide a note from management saying that I did not own a spot and could not purchase one, and they gave em a parking permit.

Posted on: 2015/5/28 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
wow. talk about incompetence, laziness...but perhaps the city should start sending out many notices electronically so that it can reduce paper, postage usage

Posted on: 2015/5/28 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

blanquiita wrote:
Quote:

zee wrote:
Quote:

blanquiita wrote:
If you do have to pay a fee, keep in mind that they do NOT accept cash or credit card. Check or money order only.

They don't accept cash, but they do accept credit card.

Is this new? I went to renew my parking permit in December. I had credit cards on me but still had to go to the post office to get a money order.

I was surprised by his (her?) post, as well. I remember pretty clearly using a personal check to pay the fee to get a resident parking permit, and that was about 4 months ago. I checked the website link I posted earlier and it does state that credit cards are accepted and that personal checks and cash are no longer accepted. Weird.

Well, this is the JCPA we're talking about. I had to renew my parking permit in person because I never got a renewal notice. I asked the clerk if they were phasing out the renewal notices and was told that the person who orders the printer ink retired so they decided not to send notices out.

I wish I was kidding.

Posted on: 2015/5/28 2:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/5/28 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

blanquiita wrote:
Quote:

zee wrote:
Quote:

blanquiita wrote:
If you do have to pay a fee, keep in mind that they do NOT accept cash or credit card. Check or money order only.

Is this new? I went to renew my parking permit in December. I had credit cards on me but still had to go to the post office to get a money order.

I was surprised by his (her?) post, as well. I remember pretty clearly using a personal check to pay the fee to get a resident parking permit, and that was about 4 months ago. I checked the website link I posted earlier and it does state that credit cards are accepted and that personal checks and cash are no longer accepted. Weird.

Posted on: 2015/5/28 2:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/28 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

zee wrote:
Quote:

blanquiita wrote:

Posted on: 2015/5/27 23:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/27 23:43
From Toronto
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

blanquiita wrote:

Posted on: 2015/5/27 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

HappyInHarsimus wrote:
Hi,

I'm moving next week and need to get a temporary no parking sign for the truck in front of my house. Does anyone know how to obtain one? Thanks!

The Parking Authority, 394 Central Ave., 201-653-6969, issues the temporary signs. There may be a small charge & the signs have to be posted at least 24 hours before hand.

Signs must be posted AT LEAST 24 hours ahead of time. I wish people would really follow that rule, as they some times wait until the night before to post them and then pretend for those already parked to somehow (magically, I suppose) know that they are now "illegally" parked. But, you must request them at least 48 hours ahead of time, so plan accordingly.

For all the pertinent information, please refer to the JC Parking Website.

The cost per sign is $10.

Posted on: 2015/5/26 23:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/26 22:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HappyInHarsimus wrote:
Hi,

I'm moving next week and need to get a temporary no parking sign for the truck in front of my house. Does anyone know how to obtain one? Thanks!

The Parking Authority, 394 Central Ave., 201-653-6969, issues the temporary signs. There may be a small charge & the signs have to be posted at least 24 hours before hand.

Posted on: 2015/5/26 22:31

Temporary Parking Permit
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/18 3:14
From Hamiliton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,

Posted on: 2015/5/26 21:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017