Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Best route to LaGuardia?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Still pretty long..., why don't you test the route on waze or google maps? Google maps has recently changed their algorithm to make it more reactive to traffic like waze, and honestly, I prefer their navigation interface vs. waze if one is lost, waze on the other hand is super friendly and quieter when needed.

Posted on: 2015/5/25 0:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 13:44
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
PATH >N/Q to Astoria>bus to LGA---yes this is the one I use, Its never taken 2 hours for me to get there, maybe if you are in sit still after work traffic, 20 min tops once you get on the bus usually. The M60 that picks up to LGA from Astoria Blvd is a select bus and you never have to wait long for it to arrive.

Posted on: 2015/5/24 4:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

istabraq wrote:
ryanicole - I don't actually need my car for work, just don't know an easy way to get there via public transit - so please share! Best I can come up with is PATH >N/Q to Astoria>bus to LGA, which according to Google transit would take almost 2 hours.

I am not sure what ryanicole81 meant by super easy, because my experience using mass/public transit to LGA is that it takes 1.5 hours when you have to combine two or three transfers (depending on whether you are using Light Rail or not).

If you are close to a PATH station, it should take you about 1.5 hours, or less, to get to LGA. I have done it many times before. The bus (Q70) runs continually and it is very fast. I would ride PATH to 33rd, then transfer to the F or M trains to Roosevelt Ave. and then a free transfer to the Q70.

Posted on: 2015/5/22 21:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/4 17:41
From Lincoln Park/McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
ryanicole - I don't actually need my car for work, just don't know an easy way to get there via public transit - so please share! Best I can come up with is PATH >N/Q to Astoria>bus to LGA, which according to Google transit would take almost 2 hours.

Posted on: 2015/5/22 19:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 13:44
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Its super easy getting to LGA from JC via public transit, unless you need your car for work I guess?

Posted on: 2015/5/20 12:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
I used to commute all over the 5 Boros, it's brutal. My advice is avoid crosstown manhattan and the Kaichuzco bridge whenever possible at rush hour. Waze is a good suggestion. Coming back to Jersey City from there at PM rush hour can easily be a 1.5-2 hour ordeal. Normal options are holland/Lincoln and LIE-GC/LIC-BQE-GC/BQE-GC

Posted on: 2015/5/19 2:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

istabraq wrote:
I'm considering a job that would require me to drive from JC to LaGuardia Airport every day, probably leaving home around 6am. Any opinions on the best route? (Turnpike to GWB to Triboro vs Holland Tunnel to BQE - unless anyone knows a better/secret way)

Thanks for your input. . .

Leave 1/2 hour early - 5:30am. Use traffic on google maps before you leave and Waze when you're on the road. 30 mins makes a huge difference that time of day.

Posted on: 2015/5/19 1:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 22:25
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
My suggestion is test the routes out first.

Posted on: 2015/5/19 0:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JcDevil wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

I think it would be INSANE to do Turnpike to GWB to Triboro. That's about as roundabout as you can possibly make it. At 6 AM, you will not hit ANY traffic if you go Holland, to Manhattan Bridge, to BQE (unless you happen to get unlucky with a random accident somewhere along the way). I have done this drive several times at around that time, and it was SUPER EASY. Less than 30 minutes without pushing it too hard, and can be done in less if you are downtown, and/or if you like to drive a little fast.

Yeah, at 6am, the BQE is the best bet, but on the way home, Triboro -> GWB -> Turnpike might actually be faster.

In any case, it sounds like the most miserable commute possible.

Definitely agree that it would be a miserable commute because of the crazy roads and many turns/exits, but I think a 30-minute commute is fairly easy, all things considered.

As for the return, if the OP is able to leave by 3 PM (or, earlier) every day (assuming a regular 8-hour day) the return should be easy, as well. Traffic at the Holland tunnel doesn't normally start to back up until after 4:30 or 5:00 PM.

Posted on: 2015/5/18 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

I think it would be INSANE to do Turnpike to GWB to Triboro. That's about as roundabout as you can possibly make it. At 6 AM, you will not hit ANY traffic if you go Holland, to Manhattan Bridge, to BQE (unless you happen to get unlucky with a random accident somewhere along the way). I have done this drive several times at around that time, and it was SUPER EASY. Less than 30 minutes without pushing it too hard, and can be done in less if you are downtown, and/or if you like to drive a little fast.

I worked for a company in Little Neck LI years ago. I would take the Holland Tunnel, cross Canal St to the BQE to the LIE. I didn't hit heavy traffic until I was on the LIE since I was going against the normal rush hour traffic. If I continued north on the BQE I would have connected to LaGuardia. Now with the high tolls it will be an expensive commute.

Posted on: 2015/5/18 20:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/5 16:03
From PAD
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Yeah, at 6am, the BQE is the best bet, but on the way home, Triboro -> GWB -> Turnpike might actually be faster.

In any case, it sounds like the most miserable commute possible.

Posted on: 2015/5/18 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

istabraq wrote:
I'm considering a job that would require me to drive from JC to LaGuardia Airport every day, probably leaving home aroun 6am. Any opinions on the best route? (Turnpike to GWB to Triboro vs Holland Tunnel to BQE - unless anyone knows a better/secret way)

Posted on: 2015/5/18 19:29

Best route to LaGuardia?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/4 17:41
From Lincoln Park/McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
I'm considering a job that would require me to drive from JC to LaGuardia Airport every day, probably leaving home aroun 6am. Any opinions on the best route? (Turnpike to GWB to Triboro vs Holland Tunnel to BQE - unless anyone knows a better/secret way)

Posted on: 2015/5/18 16:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017