Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 ... 60 »

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Stellar reporting there, detailing the cuts to Hoboken, but no mention of what the increase is for JC.

Posted on: 2015/5/19 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Some passengers at Hoboken Terminal will have to wait a little longer to catch a PATH train to New York, and they can blame overcrowding in Jersey City for it, Port Authority officials told NJ Advance Media on Tuesday.

Passengers headed to 33rd Street from Hoboken now must wait seven minutes between trains instead of six, since Port Authority extended wait times in late April, said spokesman Steve Coleman. The changes only apply from 7:35 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., and were implemented in order to decrease wait times at Jersey City stations, which have been experiencing "significant platform crowding issues" due to "high growth and ridership," he said.

Story

Zimmer should shut the hell up. I hate how this article is written to make it seem like we have to apologize to Hoboken for having the gall to make them wait one whole extra minute for the PATH.

The Hoboken trains are always nearly empty in comparison to the Jersey City trains so I think there should be even more of a service shift.

Posted on: 2015/5/19 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Some passengers at Hoboken Terminal will have to wait a little longer to catch a PATH train to New York, and they can blame overcrowding in Jersey City for it, Port Authority officials told NJ Advance Media on Tuesday.

Passengers headed to 33rd Street from Hoboken now must wait seven minutes between trains instead of six, since Port Authority extended wait times in late April, said spokesman Steve Coleman. The changes only apply from 7:35 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., and were implemented in order to decrease wait times at Jersey City stations, which have been experiencing "significant platform crowding issues" due to "high growth and ridership," he said.

Story

Posted on: 2015/5/19 19:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
It's 82 degrees out, and not only is the air conditioning absent from this packed train outta Newark, the heated seats are on full blast.

When informed of this, the conductor shrugged.

Good job, PATH.

This interaction is symbolic of the broader relationship between the PA and the general public. Try asking the PA why we are forced to divert to Hoboken late nights and on weekends and you'll get a similar shrug.

Posted on: 2015/5/11 2:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
It's 82 degrees out, and not only is the air conditioning absent from this packed train outta Newark, the heated seats are on full blast.

When informed of this, the conductor shrugged.

Good job, PATH.

Posted on: 2015/5/10 20:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Waited almost 30min for a WTC bound train this morning at Grove.

What a joke.

Posted on: 2015/4/25 22:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/13 5:18
Group:
Registered Users
Did you hear? A new PATH schedule starting this weekend. So, exciting. I can't wait to see how the reduce service this time.

Posted on: 2015/4/25 3:07

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 22:25
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

jc2007 wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to the NY Waterway Ferry service from Newport?

The landing site is deteriorating, NYW doesn't think it's safe. NYW talked to Newport about an alternate site, and apparently decided that Paulus Hook was close enough.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _of_newport_terminal.html

Also close enough to Brooklyn & Queens so they could spend effort on the NYC subsidize route.

Posted on: 2015/3/19 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Jeez, it's obvious. One of them, the WTC line, is a loop. That allows for more trains as opposed to 33rd. where every train has to be turned around thus slowing down the whole line.

Posted on: 2015/3/18 4:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
one goes to 33rd and the other goes to wtc

what do i win?

Posted on: 2015/3/18 4:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
A hint.
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/3/17 22:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Yesterday afternoon, at the 14th St station: announcement playing stating that due to signal failure all trains on the 33rd St line were experiencing delays (seriously, is this a joke!?) A train to Hoboken pulls into the station and EVERY CAR had ample seating available. Heck, some cars seem to have had at least half the seats empty. 10 minutes later, the JSQ train shows up... EVERY CAR is crowded, no seats available to anyone.

They REALLY need to adjust the JSQ and HOB schedules to alter the frequency of trains heading to each destination. It is a (cruel) joke to run half empty trains to HOB, while JSQ trains are running with crowded conditions.

The ratio of WTC to 33rd trains is becoming just as much of a problem, I think. Two WTC trains come for every 33rd St train, and typically every other WTC train is pretty empty, while the 33rd Street trains are packed at any hour before 9am. On days that I commute I tend to get to Grove between 9-9:15 so it's not bad, but if I have an early situation I have to get to, the 33rd Street line is Sardinesville.

$1.00 for the first person who can tell us the difference between the 33rd St and WTC train routes? Quick!

Posted on: 2015/3/17 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
The ratio of WTC to 33rd trains is becoming just as much of a problem, I think. Two WTC trains come for every 33rd St train, and typically every other WTC train is pretty empty, while the 33rd Street trains are packed at any hour before 9am. On days that I commute I tend to get to Grove between 9-9:15 so it's not bad, but if I have an early situation I have to get to, the 33rd Street line is Sardinesville.

LOL, when I was going to work on WTC line around 8-8:15am it was completely opposite. The 33rd lines were not packed whereas WTC riders need to wait.

This is because of the timing, most people going to WTC work in finance and need to be in the office and prepare everything before the markets open. Hence the decline in ridership around 9am.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 18:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
So after $4bn in the hole for the new WTC PATH station, now the Port Authority is mulling another $11bn for a rebuild of the Bus Terminal?!?!

Yes it's a hole, but it's a fricking bus station! Every bus station I have ever been to is a hole - because they are BUS STATIONS!

$3bn for 1WTC, by far the most expensive skyscraper ever built; $4bn for the PATH terminal, by far the most expensive train station ever built. Now $11bn for this boondoggle - what a disgrace.

Just to put this in perspective, the budget for the cancelled ARC Tunnel into Penn Station was $8.7 billion. Yet another vanity project from the PA which does virtually nothing to add capacity to the region's infrastructure or do anything to plan for the one million new people living in NYC by 2040, and the additional millions living in the metro area.

The Port Authority is an embarrassment to the human species.

Do you notice that all of these vanity projects are in Manhattan? This is Scumbag Cuomo getting his.

Then, they'll raise the PATH train fair while cutting down on the service. It's all in the cards...

Posted on: 2015/3/17 18:18
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Yesterday afternoon, at the 14th St station: announcement playing stating that due to signal failure all trains on the 33rd St line were experiencing delays (seriously, is this a joke!?) A train to Hoboken pulls into the station and EVERY CAR had ample seating available. Heck, some cars seem to have had at least half the seats empty. 10 minutes later, the JSQ train shows up... EVERY CAR is crowded, no seats available to anyone.

They REALLY need to adjust the JSQ and HOB schedules to alter the frequency of trains heading to each destination. It is a (cruel) joke to run half empty trains to HOB, while JSQ trains are running with crowded conditions.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 18:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Cannot make this garbage up. The Federal government should find a way to disband the Port Authority. The mismanagement of funds is an absolute crime. All these poor decisions will rear their head in the next 10 years when the path system is going to be under a tremendous amount of pressure.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
So after $4bn in the hole for the new WTC PATH station, now the Port Authority is mulling another $11bn for a rebuild of the Bus Terminal?!?!

Yes it's a hole, but it's a fricking bus station! Every bus station I have ever been to is a hole - because they are BUS STATIONS!

$3bn for 1WTC, by far the most expensive skyscraper ever built; $4bn for the PATH terminal, by far the most expensive train station ever built. Now $11bn for this boondoggle - what a disgrace.

Just to put this in perspective, the budget for the cancelled ARC Tunnel into Penn Station was $8.7 billion. Yet another vanity project from the PA which does virtually nothing to add capacity to the region's infrastructure or do anything to plan for the one million new people living in NYC by 2040, and the additional millions living in the metro area.

I don't understand how creating a new tunnel into NYC could possibly be cheaper than fixing up an existing building.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/17 17:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamiltonParker wrote:
I hired a new Maid Service...the owners credit the fine PATH Train service here in town for launching their business. Hilarious! And the cleaning was great, btw. We'll probably be reading more of these stories soon.

http://www.maidinjc.com/about/

Why? The "fine PATH Train service here in town" has been operating for decades.

Posted on: 2015/3/14 1:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
I hired a new Maid Service...the owners credit the fine PATH Train service here in town for launching their business. Hilarious! And the cleaning was great, btw. We'll probably be reading more of these stories soon.

http://www.maidinjc.com/about/

Posted on: 2015/3/14 0:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
I don't know where this fits in to the narrative (apropos of the recent, unprovoked beat down), and perhaps it may not sit well with folks concerned about the lack of service improvements, but there is an interesting essay in NY Magazine about the "glorious boondoggle" of the new WTC transportation hub http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/ ... rade-center-path-hub.html

Will having a space that uplifts one's soul make up for all the hassles (and hazards) of taking PATH? I for one am willing to let myself revel in it.

That article is titled "The Folly" of this WTC station.

It quotes an architect who says "I will make wings for you, and this subway station will cost $4 billion? ? Meanwhile, the kids don?t have erasers on their pencils.?

No, this exorbitant monstrosity does not make up for the ever worsening overcrowding on trains, will not help us once the 25,000+ apartments are completed and more flood onto the PATH, nor does it alleviate the senseless detour into Hoboken (where no one ever gets off) every single night and all weekend.

A massive slap in the face that this ridiculously expensive terminal was built, when every day there are service issues/delays, the JSQ trains are beyond crowded, and the train still detours through Hoboken on the weekend. It would be a massive slap in the face even if this terminal WAS needed. But it is absolutely unnecessary, and tremendously expensive. Such a waste. I really wish the Port Authority would go away.

Posted on: 2015/3/13 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
To me the station looks like the back of some giant sleeping monster. I expect it at any moment to rise, raising its equally monstrous head from the earth, and lumber its way to midtown to do battle with Godzilla. Or the monster from 'Cloverfield'.

It would be nice to go back into time and convince the power that be a project like extending the PATH up 2nd Ave.. or something else practical (transport wise) would have been a much better decision. Instead just build a utilitarian but practical station at WTC.

Posted on: 2015/3/13 19:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
I don't know where this fits in to the narrative (apropos of the recent, unprovoked beat down), and perhaps it may not sit well with folks concerned about the lack of service improvements, but there is an interesting essay in NY Magazine about the "glorious boondoggle" of the new WTC transportation hub http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/ ... rade-center-path-hub.html

Will having a space that uplifts one's soul make up for all the hassles (and hazards) of taking PATH? I for one am willing to let myself revel in it.

That article is titled "The Folly" of this WTC station.

It quotes an architect who says "I will make wings for you, and this subway station will cost $4 billion? ? Meanwhile, the kids don?t have erasers on their pencils.?

No, this exorbitant monstrosity does not make up for the ever worsening overcrowding on trains, will not help us once the 25,000+ apartments are completed and more flood onto the PATH, nor does it alleviate the senseless detour into Hoboken (where no one ever gets off) every single night and all weekend.

Posted on: 2015/3/13 19:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/12 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/12 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
This could be a gang initiation, or a test for terrorism. It seems that the PATH is no longer exempt from crime.

Posted on: 2015/3/12 3:02
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

I hope the perps were caught on tape. Their pictures should posted on the video monitors to shame them and warn others.

Sadly, somehow I doubt the predators involved have any inkling of concepts such as guilt, empathy, or anything relating to morality.

Posted on: 2015/3/11 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
... a briefcase up your butt ...

Do people still have briefcases?

Robin.

Posted on: 2015/3/11 3:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users

I hope the perps were caught on tape. Their pictures should posted on the video monitors to shame them and warn others.

Quote:

MDM wrote:
Just to give everyone a heads-up, so you can keep an eye out for this particular modus operandi, my sister-in-law witnessed a mugging - beat down on the PATH early this morning (on or about 6:30 AM) on a train coming from 33rd st. to JSQ.

A group (the perps who were a mix of male and female) kept walking back and forth through multiple PATH cars, never sitting down. One of the female perps broke off from the pack and sat down next a woman in the car my SIL was riding in. This car had no men.. the women appeared to be all riding individually. The woman who had a perp sit next to her was young and well dressed. The female perp began talking to the young woman. My SIL couldn't make out what was said, but it didn't sound pleasant.

The perp female then got up and left... then returned with a male perp. The male perp then slapped the young woman and accused her of "touching her sister". The young woman protested her innocence at which point the male perp began beating her face in with a closed fist. The woman tried to escape, but the remaining five perps came into the car and blocked her escaped. She continued to get a beat down while being relieved of her belongings.

An older woman in the car hit the emergency call button and tried to inform the train crew what was going on. The doors opened up at JSQ and all 7 perps fled while the train was being swarmed by multiple Port Authority cops. Only one of the perps was captured.

The woman victim required medical attention. Per my SIL (who is a nurse) she got a pretty bad beating. It appears the woman was targeted because it looked like she maybe out of the women in the car, she was the most likely to have nice things. The car it appears was targeted because there was nobody there physically capable of resisting the attack.

The perps were black and appeared to be in age of their late teens.

Edit: Per NJ.Com, 6 got caught. The story got the gender of the victim wrong though.

Posted on: 2015/3/11 3:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Just to give everyone a heads-up, so you can keep an eye out for this particular modus operandi, my sister-in-law witnessed a mugging - beat down on the PATH early this morning (on or about 6:30 AM) on a train coming from 33rd st. to JSQ.

A group (the perps who were a mix of male and female) kept walking back and forth through multiple PATH cars, never sitting down. One of the female perps broke off from the pack and sat down next a woman in the car my SIL was riding in. This car had no men.. the women appeared to be all riding individually. The woman who had a perp sit next to her was young and well dressed. The female perp began talking to the young woman. My SIL couldn't make out what was said, but it didn't sound pleasant.

The perp female then got up and left... then returned with a male perp. The male perp then slapped the young woman and accused her of "touching her sister". The young woman protested her innocence at which point the male perp began beating her face in with a closed fist. The woman tried to escape, but the remaining five perps came into the car and blocked her escaped. She continued to get a beat down while being relieved of her belongings.

An older woman in the car hit the emergency call button and tried to inform the train crew what was going on. The doors opened up at JSQ and all 7 perps fled while the train was being swarmed by multiple Port Authority cops. Only one of the perps was captured.

The woman victim required medical attention. Per my SIL (who is a nurse) she got a pretty bad beating. It appears the woman was targeted because it looked like she maybe out of the women in the car, she was the most likely to have nice things. The car it appears was targeted because there was nobody there physically capable of resisting the attack.

The perps were black and appeared to be in age of their late teens.

When you pair your SIL's report with the story posted by Seagull, (post #1179) it seems like the same crew and all have been arrested. Let's hope that they are all sleeping on a steel cot at this moment.

Posted on: 2015/3/11 3:06

« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 ... 60 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017