Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Filing a Complaint About a Local Hospital?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/30 23:23
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Depends on the offense.

Posted on: 2015/5/7 2:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for your input Dubenezic! Did you find that your complaint was listened to or were you whistling in the wind? I just wonder if these state agencies actually do anything punitive in cases like these.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 2:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/30 23:23
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I filed a complaint against JCMC and Hoboken with the NJ DoH. They will send an investigator and a written report will be generated with their findings. You also have the option of making a complaint with the individual hospital, but that obviously is up to you.

If you want to see that report, you have to file a FOIA request with the DoH. I provided a link for you to file a complaint. You can either pick up the report in person in Trenton or I believe you can do it by mail. They charge a fee per page per the Government Records Council. Last I checked it was $.10 per page. Good luck.

http://www.state.nj.us/health/healthfacilities/hotlines.shtml

Posted on: 2015/5/3 16:45

Filing a Complaint About a Local Hospital?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
I don't want to get into specifics, but I had a horrible experience with a local hospital emergency room on Friday (not in Jersey City/Hoboken). Has anyone used the state's complaint system in Trenton for healthcare facilities? Are they responsive?

Not sure if I should get a lawyer at this point, but the situation was way beyond the normal consumer annoyance that one experiences in an ER situation - it borders on extreme negligence.

Any input is appreciated.

(And a mom's PS: if something is wrong with your child - please consider traveling the extra few minutes to the Hackensack pediatric ER. They have a dedicated children's hospital with an ER that only treats children. I cannot recommend them enough - especially after my experience locally this week.)

Posted on: 2015/5/3 16:40

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017