Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 »

Re: Is Jersey City Real Estate in a bubble?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not going to argue anymore, I've pointed out some figures but haven't seen any others do the same. I am convinced that there will be a market correction by late 2016, and as I've said before, time will tell.

Anyone have sales figures for the Gannon??

Wait until the Oakman starts sales...or maybe they'll just decide to go rental too and further add to that tidal wave of rental units coming online.

Also btw - although this is only loosely related since it's about a Gold Coast building where many of the units were being snatched up by foreign investors, the Avenue collection in Weehawken's sales are apparently struggling, with the building complete and many units still unsold. Starting prices appear to have dropped from $1.1 million to $900k (down ~20%).

Posted on: 2015/5/3 4:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/5 16:03
From PAD
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Crazy if true. I'm sure someone somewhere has access to the data, non corporate cash purchases should be easy to flag. I'm still not buying it though. I've known some of those people, they weren't sitting on $0.5m cash.

Hmm, I'm not sure whether this data is recorded, and some of it very well could just be people paying cash with the expectation of financing after (which generally costs you an eighth or even a quarter, but might be worth it to close quickly or compete with other offers.

Any case, I didn't pay cash since mortgage money is so damn cheap these days, but I guarantee that there are a lot more people sitting on $500k-$2m than you'd realize. As long as you're not a stereotypical banker douchebag who wastes all his bonus on bottle service, it's absurdly easy to save a couple hundred k a year and just ignore that it exists. The culture, overall, is very different than it was in the mid-2000s.

Posted on: 2015/5/2 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

jcwalkingman wrote:
Quotes of the day, from Barbara Corcoran, founder and owner of one of the most prestigious real estate firms in New York City:

NYC real estate may be in "a new bubble right now"
The current market "is fueled by foreigners more than anyone else".

Is that a quote, or cherry-picking? ;)

She also points out how no one really knows when a bubble might burst; how middle-class buyers are pretty much permanently priced out of Manhattan; how anything that's a 1 hour commute from the core of Manhattan will continue to gentrify; she's bullish on the property values in the foreign-owned and vacant buildings; that if you overpay today for a Manhattan apartment (even a dump), you'll rationalize it by saying the value has gone up by the time you close; that the first 1% bump in mortgage rates might generate a bump in home purchases, as people realize that low rates won't be around forever; and she highly recommends buying in Washington Heights.

In general, she sounds very bullish on NYC area real estate.

Quote:
As anyone who knows anything about area real estate knows, the NJ Gold Coast market is very heavily dependent on a trickle-down effect from NYC transplants....

Zillow's estimate for 07302 is around $660/sq ft. For Manhattan, they estimate $1670/sq ft.

If Manhattan real estate dropped by 20% today, most of the people buying in outlying areas would still be priced out of that market.

Heck, if the crash was in the right range, some foreign buyers might look at that as a good time to buy.

You're also neglecting how this overflow from Manhattan is gentrifying the outlying areas, which in turn makes them more attractive in their own right, and more robust and desirable.

What's really going on, IMO, is that DTJC is white-hot right now. Demand vastly outstrips supply, so prices are going up, inventory is low, people are getting priced out etc. The last time DT was like this, it was before a global real estate bubble popped. As a result, of course some people will assume this is a replay. But, it isn't, because there doesn't seem to be any sort of artificial underlying factors or bubble which is going to pop, as was the case in the early 2000s. We also don't have an environment where banks will lend to anyone with a pulse -- mortgage standards are much stricter today.

Quote:
In any case, my prediction is that around Q3 2016 we start to see prices erode in downtown JC. Time shall tell.

And perhaps some of us will remember your prediction. ;)

She also said that gentrification will continue in Brooklyn and Queens which means prices will continue to go up in those areas. I think this is where most of the NYC buyers in JC are coming from.
Most of the new inventory coming into the market in JC are rentals. This is where you might see prices leveling off but not going down. The condo market in DTJC will continue upward.

Posted on: 2015/5/2 13:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcwalkingman wrote:
Quotes of the day, from Barbara Corcoran, founder and owner of one of the most prestigious real estate firms in New York City:

Is that a quote, or cherry-picking? ;)

She also points out how no one really knows when a bubble might burst; how middle-class buyers are pretty much permanently priced out of Manhattan; how anything that's a 1 hour commute from the core of Manhattan will continue to gentrify; she's bullish on the property values in the foreign-owned and vacant buildings; that if you overpay today for a Manhattan apartment (even a dump), you'll rationalize it by saying the value has gone up by the time you close; that the first 1% bump in mortgage rates might generate a bump in home purchases, as people realize that low rates won't be around forever; and she highly recommends buying in Washington Heights.

In general, she sounds very bullish on NYC area real estate.

Quote:
As anyone who knows anything about area real estate knows, the NJ Gold Coast market is very heavily dependent on a trickle-down effect from NYC transplants....

Zillow's estimate for 07302 is around $660/sq ft. For Manhattan, they estimate $1670/sq ft.

If Manhattan real estate dropped by 20% today, most of the people buying in outlying areas would still be priced out of that market.

Heck, if the crash was in the right range, some foreign buyers might look at that as a good time to buy.

You're also neglecting how this overflow from Manhattan is gentrifying the outlying areas, which in turn makes them more attractive in their own right, and more robust and desirable.

What's really going on, IMO, is that DTJC is white-hot right now. Demand vastly outstrips supply, so prices are going up, inventory is low, people are getting priced out etc. The last time DT was like this, it was before a global real estate bubble popped. As a result, of course some people will assume this is a replay. But, it isn't, because there doesn't seem to be any sort of artificial underlying factors or bubble which is going to pop, as was the case in the early 2000s. We also don't have an environment where banks will lend to anyone with a pulse -- mortgage standards are much stricter today.

Quote:
In any case, my prediction is that around Q3 2016 we start to see prices erode in downtown JC. Time shall tell.

And perhaps some of us will remember your prediction. ;)

Posted on: 2015/5/2 12:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

As anyone who knows anything about area real estate knows, the NJ Gold Coast market is very heavily dependent on a trickle-down effect from NYC transplants. Many people who sell homes in Manhattan move to Brooklyn. And many people who sell homes in Brooklyn move to Jersey City. If I had to guess, I'd expect that a majority of the new condos sold in waterfront buildings over the last decade were either sold to NYC transplants (moving as a direct or indirect result of foreign investor purchases in NYC) or sold directly to foreign investors.

Link to interview: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/ ... w-bubble-barbara-corcoran

Posted on: 2015/5/2 6:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JcDevil wrote:
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:

You'll be surprised how much civilian money is sloshing around DTJC and Hoboken right now.

Yup. Wall Street, love it or hate it, compensates everyone from the lowest Analyst to the CEO in a highly variable manner. It's also not exactly the most stable career in the world these days.

There are oodles of mid-level bankers and traders and technologists in their late 20s and 30s that are more-or-less priced out of the Manhattan property market, because they may be making $350k-500k/yr... but 50-75% of that is unreliable bonus money that they can't rely on to pay a mortgage. Before, they'd just rent until they made MD, but fewer and fewer of the high-level positions are opening these days. So, paying cash in a hot market seems like a pretty decent plan for these guys that are capital-heavy but reliable-income not-so-heavy.

Crazy if true. I'm sure someone somewhere has access to the data, non corporate cash purchases should be easy to flag. I'm still not buying it though. I've known some of those people, they weren't sitting on $0.5m cash.

Posted on: 2015/5/2 3:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
Foreign/corporate/non-resident ownership means foreign/corporate/non-resident profit. Keep the real estate money in Jersey City and we will all benefit.

Posted on: 2015/5/2 3:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kencares wrote:
We need to enact a 100% tax on non-resident property sales in Jersey City. The Australians, Chinese and other foreign investors are making it impossible for young families to buy anything in JC.

I think you are overlooking one thing here . These Australians, Chinese and others pay thousands of dollars in property taxes for each year. The property taxes goes to pay for schools, pension funds of the "young families" you are so concerned about. Their own kids don't use the school system here so they don't get anything in return.
If I was young family with kids, I'd happy with this arrangement.

Posted on: 2015/5/2 0:55

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 22:25
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kencares wrote:
We need to enact a 100% tax on non-resident property sales in Jersey City. The Australians, Chinese and other foreign investors are making it impossible for young families to buy anything in JC.

Then don't buy or rent - government shouldn't meddle in this -the forces of supply and demand and personal decision should be the enforcers of the market.

Posted on: 2015/5/2 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kencares wrote:

What price point do you consider accessible for a young family, and by that are you referring to a condo or a house?

Prices here in the Heights - which has a really wide range of options - 1 to 2 bedroom condos, 2000 s.f. lofts in remodeled factories, small frame rowhouses to sprawling shingled piles, even - as a colleague of mine is doing - small manufacturing buildings to refurbish. It's popularity undeniably suffers due to poor mass transit, but there is a lot of stock.

Posted on: 2015/5/1 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From PAD
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:

You'll be surprised how much civilian money is sloshing around DTJC and Hoboken right now.

Yup. Wall Street, love it or hate it, compensates everyone from the lowest Analyst to the CEO in a highly variable manner. It's also not exactly the most stable career in the world these days.

There are oodles of mid-level bankers and traders and technologists in their late 20s and 30s that are more-or-less priced out of the Manhattan property market, because they may be making $350k-500k/yr... but 50-75% of that is unreliable bonus money that they can't rely on to pay a mortgage. Before, they'd just rent until they made MD, but fewer and fewer of the high-level positions are opening these days. So, paying cash in a hot market seems like a pretty decent plan for these guys that are capital-heavy but reliable-income not-so-heavy.

Posted on: 2015/5/1 16:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

And cash is not a game for civilians, at least around here. Most people don't have half a mill sitting around. Out in flyover where you can buy a SFH for $25k, maybe. I've thought about doing that with my IRA.

Posted on: 2015/5/1 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Is that the right way to look at it? Take your $400k cost/$2.5 month example. The Aussie funds are buying that property cash, generating 7.5% return gross - $30k/year. Let's say costs are $10k/year - maintenance plus tax. That's still a healthy 5%/year return with built-in principal protection (condo value) - most pensioners assume a 4% return on a sinking fund in retirement.

The value proposition looks even better if the investor/fund is building or renovating the property in the first place. That $400k property may cost $200k to create - which would create a solid 10% return on investment.

People forget interest rates are largely irrelevant for cash investors - so long as property values increase at or above inflation.

You forgot to include management, vacancy and inside maintenance. When you're slicing your margin that thin it all matters. Who pays the water bill in these units? Is it in the maintenance fee?

Buying for cash to my eyes misses the main benefit of RE, getting the leverage for a relatively safe investment. And cash is not a game for civilians, at least around here. Most people don't have half a mill sitting around. Out in flyover where you can buy a SFH for $25k, maybe. I've thought about doing that with my IRA.

Posted on: 2015/5/1 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

kencares wrote:

The funny thing is some may call your statement xenophobic, but other countries have even stricter policies. China for example, makes it nearly impossible for any foreigner to buy land there.

Of course, the flip side of this is it will lower property values, as you are now telling the property owner he will have to accept lower offers than he otherwise would have gotten. It's a tricky balance, but I agree the foreigners are buying up much of the good American properties, leaving many young Americans in the dust.

As an owner, I take the opposing view. It's good for my investment for there to be more competition amongst the buyer pool. And the proposed reg. does nothing to prevent straw person transactions where title is held in the name of a US citizen, while the funding comes from abroad. We also lack the ability to monitor such straw man trades.

Posted on: 2015/5/1 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kencares wrote:

The funny thing is some may call your statement xenophobic, but other countries have even stricter policies. China for example, makes it nearly impossible for any foreigner to buy land there.

Of course, the flip side of this is it will lower property values, as you are now telling the property owner he will have to accept lower offers than he otherwise would have gotten. It's a tricky balance, but I agree the foreigners are buying up much of the good American properties, leaving many young Americans in the dust.

Posted on: 2015/5/1 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/1 14:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 22:25
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

zerkski wrote:
Hey everybody, dtjcview is the only one on this thread that knows the deal. Refreshing to see some logic applied here!

How do the Aussies factor in the strength of AUD vs USD, do they hedge?

Posted on: 2015/5/1 13:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Prices are artificially inflated due to an extremely low quantity of inventory for purchase, as somebody else noted earlier. There are bidding wars on mediocre properties. There really is very low inventory, for sale. Does anybody know why there is such a reluctance to build condos in these new high rises, as opposed to making them rentals? There is obviously ridiculous demand for condos.

Condos are seen as high risk for lenders. Easier to finance a rental property.

Posted on: 2015/5/1 13:42

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/19 13:13
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
Hey everybody, dtjcview is the only one on this thread that knows the deal. Refreshing to see some logic applied here!

Posted on: 2015/5/1 12:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

jcwalkingman wrote:
Here's a question: how many condo units (or what percentage) downtown are investor-owned?

Here's another: How many that are investor-held were purchased in 2006-2008? or within the last two years?

I think it's important to keep in mind that the combination of low interest rates, tax abatements from the city, and massive NJ EDA credits from the state will allow the developers of many of the large buildings currently under construction to drop net effective rents quite significantly while still being able to make a decent profit.

Show me the numbers. GRM's. Cap rates. Anything but blather. Everyone on this thread has spewed all sorts of opinion but no one uses hard numbers. Show me that investor held condos can cashflow at all. I don't believe it.

To use a common investor rule of thumb, can you buy a unit for $300k that will bring in $3k per month? Just an example I could easily find, in one building a number of $400k 1b1b's were renting for $2.5k. Mortgage (25% down, 30 yr) will be $1500. Can common charges and whatever taxes or PILOTS be less than $1k?

Is that the right way to look at it? Take your $400k cost/$2.5 month example. The Aussie funds are buying that property cash, generating 7.5% return gross - $30k/year. Let's say costs are $10k/year - maintenance plus tax. That's still a healthy 5%/year return with built-in principal protection (condo value) - most pensioners assume a 4% return on a sinking fund in retirement.

The value proposition looks even better if the investor/fund is building or renovating the property in the first place. That $400k property may cost $200k to create - which would create a solid 10% return on investment.

People forget interest rates are largely irrelevant for cash investors - so long as property values increase at or above inflation.

Posted on: 2015/5/1 6:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jcwalkingman wrote:
Here's a question: how many condo units (or what percentage) downtown are investor-owned?

Here's another: How many that are investor-held were purchased in 2006-2008? or within the last two years?

I think it's important to keep in mind that the combination of low interest rates, tax abatements from the city, and massive NJ EDA credits from the state will allow the developers of many of the large buildings currently under construction to drop net effective rents quite significantly while still being able to make a decent profit.

Show me the numbers. GRM's. Cap rates. Anything but blather. Everyone on this thread has spewed all sorts of opinion but no one uses hard numbers. Show me that investor held condos can cashflow at all. I don't believe it.

To use a common investor rule of thumb, can you buy a unit for $300k that will bring in $3k per month? Just an example I could easily find, in one building a number of $400k 1b1b's were renting for $2.5k. Mortgage (25% down, 30 yr) will be $1500. Can common charges and whatever taxes or PILOTS be less than $1k?

Posted on: 2015/5/1 4:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/1 2:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JcDevil wrote:
Quote:

NewportNJ wrote:
Quote:
Expand the PATH

You do know the astrnomical cost to dig a foot of train tunnel, right?

Absolutely, which was the point I was (glibly, I'll admit) making about why those areas will never be as attractive as downtown, or even Journal Square.

That said, now that we're thought-experimenting here, it would be theoretically possible to expand the PATH above ground from Journal Square down to the aforementioned areas. No real reason to do so until the JSQ area builds up, though.

See the thread discussing "bus mass transit". Done properly it is not the same as "more buses".

Posted on: 2015/4/30 23:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From PAD
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

WDRHYMER wrote:
In my opinion there certainly is another real estate bubble, a 3 bedroom 3 bath at Portofino that might have sold for $650,000. in 2011-2012, now have asking prices over a million.
This BUBBLE will pop and it maybe later this year or early next year, but this bubble is built on cheap money and once the FED raises a quarter point, prices will drop 20%.

10% or so a year for a few years isn't exactly a bubble, and not unexpected given the credit squeeze 2008-2011. It would take something else other than (slowly) rising interest rates to cause house prices to crater.

I have a personal rule of thumb that never fails. If anyone is talking about interest rates and economics and capitalizes the word "Fed" as "FED", or similarly, uses the phrase "fiat currency" to refer to money - I immediately discount them as a moron and carry on with my day.

Posted on: 2015/4/30 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Prices continue to trail Brooklyn and Queens and appear reasonable compared to those areas.

So long as DTJC is still at a discount to Queens and Brooklyn yet continues to offer up newly-built property at a rate higher than either of those two boroughs, I think we're in pretty good shape and will continue to hold values. Yes we're not on the MTA subway, but we offer other compensating amenities, namely plenty of (yes private) parking, proximity to a major international airport and the interstate, lower overall taxes (no NYC income tax which offsets the higher NJ/JC property tax situation esp. for 2-earner households), a slower pace of life, and improving retail offerings. I'm optimistic in both the short and the long term.

Posted on: 2015/4/30 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

WDRHYMER wrote:
In my opinion there certainly is another real estate bubble, a 3 bedroom 3 bath at Portofino that might have sold for $650,000. in 2011-2012, now have asking prices over a million.
This BUBBLE will pop and it maybe later this year or early next year, but this bubble is built on cheap money and once the FED raises a quarter point, prices will drop 20%.

10% or so a year for a few years isn't exactly a bubble, and not unexpected given the credit squeeze 2008-2011. It would take something else other than (slowly) rising interest rates to cause house prices to crater.

Prices continue to trail Brooklyn and Queens and appear reasonable compared to those areas. I think it is also about perspective, if you have been priced out of DTJC it's a bubble that's out of control.

Posted on: 2015/4/30 19:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WDRHYMER wrote:

Just because the asking price is 7 figures does not indicate its true worth. A month from now they can easily reduce it 10%.

Posted on: 2015/4/30 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WDRHYMER wrote:

Posted on: 2015/4/30 19:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/23 12:46
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/30 19:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/10 2:31
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

jcnycjc wrote:
Not sure about the exact numbers but a large percentage of the population in DTJC area, especially Newport is Asian (Indian/Chinese).

A large percentage? How do you define large percentage? If you are claiming that a majority of DTJC is Asian, could you please provide a quote, or source, please? That sounds like a wild ass guess.

Quote:

Originally, most of this demographic is on temporary work permits but this eventually moves to green card (permanent residence). Invariably, people think of buying condos on acquiring green cards or when they are close enough to acquiring one. So, this is actually a pretty big catalyst for condo demand in the downtown area

Where did you get this?? That's not how immigration law works, at all. There is a fixed limit on how many green cards can be issued for employment reasons, and those have strict limits on a per country basis. For each country of origin there is a limit of all available green cards. In essence, nationals from any given country are limited to 10,000 employment-based green cards per year. And, for example, for someone from India, the process will take at least 4 years, sometimes longer (around 6 years).

Some grains of truth - a least in the demographics for 07310.

http://www.city-data.com/zips/07310.html

Using 07310 as a representation of DTJC is disingenuous, at best. It is a zip code that consists of that tiny sliver of waterfront starting over by Harborside Financial, extending North along Newport, and ending over by the Holland Tunnel approach area. In that particular area, you do have a large percentage of immigrant Asians. But, concluding that DTJC is mostly Asian immigrants by using population data from a gerrymandered zip code is like claiming that Manhattan is mostly immigrant Africans by looking at the data of 10026 (which is home to the so called "Petit Senegal" neighborhood, in Central Harlem).

Also, another faulty conclusion of the post by jcnycjc is that he seems to equate an Asian background with immigration status. Is he so dense as to think (and, conclude) that if you are Chinese or Indian you are necessarily an immigrant?? That's a rather dumb view. Lots of people from Indian and Chinese ancestry that live in this area were actually born and raised here. They don't have an immigration status, or a green card to worry about, because they are US citizens.

Thanks dtjcview for providing the numbers. Boodhipooh, my dumb view on immigration background of Asians in the area has been formed by actually having lived in the 07302/07310 zip codes for close to a decade now. Obviously, not all of them are going to be immigrants. You are right, a lot of people of Asian ancestry are born and raised here, just that most of them are still in diapers or recently got off them. Anyways, as the overall numbers pointed out, this is more noticeable in Newport. These same numbers point out your bizarre analogy of a single zip code in Manhattan (how many zip codes does Manhattan have and how many does DTJC have?) Lot's of people of British, Russian, Polish, Latin American background also live in Newport, but that doesn't change the fact that the majority here is composed of Asian immigrants.
I am well versed with immigration law, it can take long to get a green card, sometimes even more than six years for India. The 10k limit per nationality is a soft limit and is exceeded any given year. I don't want to go into specifics of immigration laws and categories and spillovers, that would be totally off topic. The main point is that a lot of the immigrant population in the area who have stayed for a long enough time fell settled enough (from a family, immigration, resource perspective) to actually buy condos (which is the point of discussion). This is obviously just one of the multiple factors in play in DTJC (see, I am dense but not dense enough to make that assertion :) )

Posted on: 2015/4/30 18:40

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017