Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Ahris Kitchen: Korean food in downtown Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
My wife and I had dinner here last night, and it was an overall excellent experience. Great food, great atmosphere, great location. I highly recommend checking them out!

Posted on: 2015/4/29 10:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Congrats on opening, really looking forward to having a legit Korean spot in the hood!

Posted on: 2015/4/28 20:50

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 0:35
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Hey all! It's been quite a while since I logged on here. I forgot how entertaining it is!
It took a while, but we are open.
Here's a summary of what we are:
Your neighborhood authentic Korean food spot, for takeout and dining in.
Delivery will be starting the 1st week of May, using the jersey city based fastboydelivery.
And, bring your own beer or wine. Kalbi and kim chi go particularly well with a frosty beer.

So check out our website for more info, or tweet us with any questions.
Hope to see you soon!

Posted on: 2015/4/28 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
They just posted on Facebook that they will be open tomorrow.

Posted on: 2015/4/27 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/25 1:51
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vrug wrote:
They owners say it will be BYOB, but they may hold your unfinished bottle of wine until the next time you visit. Not sure how they will store that wine though!

Why? That's just weird.

Is it because they think people can't take the bottle home? If it's a bottle you brought there you can definitely take it home. Even if you buy a bottle at a restaurant, you're still allowed to take home the unfinished portion if it gets corked up. This is allowed by state law under a "doggy bag" provision.

Anyway, the restaurant looks good, I can't wait to check it out when they open. Hope they don't get held up too much longer.

Posted on: 2015/4/26 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
jcguy05 wrote:
guess i need to learn how to read

Yeah, you really, really should. Save your family some grief.

Posted on: 2015/4/26 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
They resteraunt has not posted anything about opening. They want to open as much as you want to eat there. They will hopefully open next week. I'd suggest calling before you go. Opening a resteraunt is hard in JC, cut them some slack.

BTW their food is very good and totally worth the wait.

Posted on: 2015/4/26 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
i'm gonna go with you really aren't all that smart.

Resized Image

So you saw the website that says "COMING SOON", helpfully circled for you, in case you missed the big red letters, the phone number to call and didn't, read this thread which says "for kickstarter supporters" ... and were like "yea, this is clearly open, let's go!"

Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
guess i need to learn how to read, after all the hoopla about this place, i took 3 of my coworkers there today from newport...only to find a locked up store with a sign saying opening 12/1.

/facepalm

Saw the website, menu and store hours. So decided to take my family there one more time, and lo behold it's still closed...3 months later.

I am so done with this place, if you are not going to open stop posting like it has.

Posted on: 2015/4/26 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
guess i need to learn how to read, after all the hoopla about this place, i took 3 of my coworkers there today from newport...only to find a locked up store with a sign saying opening 12/1.

/facepalm

Saw the website, menu and store hours. So decided to take my family there one more time, and lo behold it's still closed...3 months later.

I am so done with this place, if you are not going to open stop posting like it has.

Posted on: 2015/4/25 22:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Delicious meal. We ate there because it just smelled too good. Hubby had the Bulgogi and I had the Spicy Pork....just the right amount of heat. Looking forward to the opening.

Posted on: 2015/4/9 23:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/27 18:34
From Historic Downtown, JC
Group:
Registered Users
Relax! It's just an option, based entirely on the diner's choice.

Posted on: 2015/4/9 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vrug wrote:

They owners say it will be BYOB, but they may hold your unfinished bottle of wine until the next time you visit. Not sure how they will store that wine though!

What!? To paraphrase the (overly dramatic) pro-gun phrase: they can have (and store) my bottle of wine when they pry it from my cold, dead hands. There is no way I am leaving my unfinished bottle of wine behind. In fact, the state of NJ agrees with that:

"It is the policy of the state, says the NJ Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, to encourage moderation in the consumption of alcoholic beverages. Permitting a diner to take home an unfinished portion of the bottle of wine furthers that policy. Unfinished bottles of wine must be re-corked by the restaurant. Wine doggy bags can be used but it is suggested that the wine be placed in the trunk of a car while in transit."

Posted on: 2015/4/9 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Website is live - http://www.ahriskitchen.com/

The menu looks great!

Posted on: 2015/4/9 16:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/9 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Captainoats,

They aren't fully opened yet. Just a permit or two away. But they are set for limited service as I understood. I am quite sure that they will cater to your desires for service tonight. Will likely even note on their paperwork that your kickstarter contrib was only half used. Hope you enjoy.

Posted on: 2015/4/9 15:15

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/26 22:57
Group:
Registered Users
Can't wait. Makgeolli would be awesome.

Posted on: 2015/4/9 14:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/25 12:21
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Are they open the General Public? I contributed to the Kickstarter but the options I bought are all for multiple people and I'm solo tonight. Can I go in and just pick something up for myself?

Posted on: 2015/4/9 14:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/9 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Our review is nearly identical to the earlier post. We visited last night as we had contributed via kickstarter. The two owners were very friendly and eager to please. Very grateful for our contribution.

The atmosphere is very layed back. Ana, one owner, told us a great story about the wonderful large artwork on the wall. If you go, be sure to ask!

Her sister, Henna, is the primary cook. We ordered two entrees, a spicy seafood and a marinated rib-eye. Very generous portions. We carried out and were very pleased with both. Let's just say there were no leftovers.

Glad to have them here in the neighborhood. Wee'll return! Big thumb up?

Posted on: 2015/4/9 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Did you sit and eat there or take your food to go? I need to get mine today.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 15:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/27 18:34
From Historic Downtown, JC
Group:
Registered Users
We had food from there yesterday by virtue of backing them on Kickstarter last year.

I think they'll be a great addition to the neighbourhood.

They owners say it will be BYOB, but they may hold your unfinished bottle of wine until the next time you visit. Not sure how they will store that wine though! I advised them to speak with the Liquor store across the road to ensure they store Soju and Makgeolli as they will undoubtedly get additional new business from this new BYOB eatery.

The dining concept will be casual, you go up to the counter, order, find a seat and then pick up your food when ready.

We tried the kimchi fritter (pancake), the Spicy Tune Roll, the Vegetable & Tofu Bibimbap and the Spicy Pork with Rice Entree.

They all had pretty good flavour and tasted fresh even though they were not fully open to the public. In particular, the kimchi pancake was not really oil like many versions that you see in NYC.

The portions are very good for the price.

The owners are very nice and we were talking with them for quite a while. They are hoping to have a core menu and then change things seasonally, which is evidenced by having a simple, clean home printed menu rather than an elaborate commercially printed one.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
I poked my head in yesterday and asked ?in about 2 weeks if some kind of final permit goes through? I forgot what was the official name of this document. Place looks good, menu looks good? will try it out AFTER they work out all the logistics. I find that showing up the first two weeks to a new restaurant is not the best idea.

Posted on: 2015/4/5 17:14

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/13 1:38
Group:
Registered Users
It looks like they are getting ready to open - furniture, fresh flowers, hours on the door and a big chalk board with a menu over the counter! Can't wait!

Posted on: 2015/4/4 19:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/24 13:16
Group:
Registered Users
Awesome! Is there an estimated opening date or month? Late Spring?

Posted on: 2015/1/29 19:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

I had a JC building inspector flash his city badge at me - to ask me to move my car while I was standing beside a fire hydrant - so he could park there...being above the rules is a perk of their job.

Wow... this is the very definition of chutzpah!

I once was standing in a handicapped reserved street spot waiting for someone I was picking up. A guy drove up and told me to get out, it was his cousin's spot and he was given permission to park there! I told him to bugger off, it was not a transferrable spot.

Posted on: 2015/1/29 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
mybe there should be some type of self-funding mecanism in place so that the buildingds department can hire more inspectors as needed. maybe pay $5,000 and get more expedited service.

i wonder if the buildings process is better/worse, faster/slower in nyc and hoboken compared to jc?

WTF are you talking about!? This is not an issue of a shortage of inspectors. The issue is about corruption and/or willful dereliction of duty. And, there is already a process in place to get expedited service! It's called brown envelope stuffed with cash. I hear it works wonders.

I had a JC building inspector flash his city badge at me - to ask me to move my car while I was standing beside a fire hydrant - so he could park there...being above the rules is a perk of their job.

Wow... this is the very definition of chutzpah!

Posted on: 2015/1/29 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
mybe there should be some type of self-funding mecanism in place so that the buildingds department can hire more inspectors as needed. maybe pay $5,000 and get more expedited service.

i wonder if the buildings process is better/worse, faster/slower in nyc and hoboken compared to jc?

WTF are you talking about!? This is not an issue of a shortage of inspectors. The issue is about corruption and/or willful dereliction of duty. And, there is already a process in place to get expedited service! It's called brown envelope stuffed with cash. I hear it works wonders.

Posted on: 2015/1/29 18:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 0:35
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
We received our permit yesterday, and construction has begun today! Will keep you posted.

Posted on: 2015/1/29 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
isn't amazing that Porta was able to open in Record time compared to a lot of the other places??? I can not figure it out.

Posted on: 2014/12/10 22:59
The All Knowing and All Powerful Joe Has Spoken!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/12/10 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/10 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

We are really anxious to get started, but it is out of our hands at this point. Although we entered 'obtaining permits' in the 'Project hurdles' section of our Kickstarter, we were hoping to be the exception to the 'construction permit rule'; alas, this is not the case.

I don't think ANYONE would be surprised to read this. Unfortunately, the Buildings Department has been one of the top reasons why JC is having a hard time moving forward on all fronts. Even sadder is that Fulop ran on a platform that promised reforms to that department. Almost two years later, and still the same nonsense. Until we get fair, equal treatment when it comes to business permits and inspections, we will continue to see budding entrepreneurs getting the run around and fleeced.

Enough with the shenanigans. Rid the department of the corrupt inspectors and implement a fair process with clear guidelines to request and satisfy the inspection process.

Unfortunately, the reality on the ground is not so simple. The executive branch has limited power in day to day operations of this office, and unfortunately cannot fire almost all of the city employees who have union-negotiated protections against being dismissed.

Posted on: 2014/12/10 18:24

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017