Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
79 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Queen Latifah sells her historic Jersey City firehouse for $2.2 million
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
What does it take to pull off a conversion like that? Does one has to be a contractor?

Sounds interesting, but also very daunting at the same time.

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Love conversions - I purchased an old warehouse factory and converted it. I'd love to buy another one ... a disused gas station, church, school, fire engine building, factory or even an old community hall ... problem is, so do the developers who rebuild and build up.

Just check out the zoning for the area - if it allows for residential then you're sweet. The city's town planners ain't that bad and if you deal with them often as I do, they'll give you an insight on what's possible.

As for conversions, even with a historical overlay, the basic rule of thumb is to keep the exterior void of any modifications, or as little as possible.

A few years back I did a postal office conversion in Pennsylvania - The building was over 100 years old and all the permits were approved - Once again the key was to keep the street view the same and an extension was permitted at the rear.

Posted on: 2015/4/26 2:41
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Love conversions - I purchased an old warehouse factory and converted it. I'd love to buy another one ... a disused gas station, church, school, fire engine building, factory or even an old community hall ... problem is, so do the developers who rebuild and build up.

I am looking at a gas station and an old temple in Kingston, NY that i want to convert to a weekend spot. I wish JC had more of these type of places but they are very few near transportation.

Posted on: 2015/4/26 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
What does it take to pull off a conversion like that? Does one has to be a contractor?

Sounds interesting, but also very daunting at the same time.

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2015/4/25 22:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/25 21:39
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/25 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Been in that building a lot as a kid, my mom used to work there when I was young. Queen Latifah was nice but her mom Mrs. Owens was an extremely nice lady. Used to have a wall top to bottom of autographs in my room thanks to the old Flava Unit lol

Posted on: 2015/4/24 22:56

Queen Latifah sells her historic Jersey City firehouse for $2.2 million
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Summer Dawn Hortillosa | The Jersey Journal

Queen Latifah is kissing the Jersey City headquarters of her production company goodbye, selling the historic firehouse for $2.25 million.

The restored firehouse at 155 Morgan St., which housed Latifah's Flavor Unit Entertaiment since 1996, was sold for $2,250,000 on Monday, said Janie Spataro and Luis Negron of Robert De Ruggiero Realtors in Union City, who handled the sale.

The building, which dates back to the late 1800s, is currently being rented by a software consultant and is now property of N.J. Dragon Property LLC, an international recycling company, Spataro said. Flavor Unit, on the other hand, is now based in Miami Beach.

Latifah is one of the Garden State's finest -- she was raised in East Orange and, Spataro says, lived in the Jersey City Heights on Webster Avenue.

The 4,000-square-foot building sold for about $162,000 more than Latifah's 7,000-square-foot Colts Neck home which she sold at a loss of $50,000 in March.

Story

Posted on: 2015/4/24 17:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017