Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
34 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 34

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 (2) 3 »


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#37
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/1/19 4:04
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 996
Offline
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Jersey_City-New_Jersey/crime/

I'd hazard a guess that you are equally likely to be a victim of crime almost anywhere in JC - if you factor out gang-related in-fighting.



You can guess all you want. The facts don't support your guessing. Kids around the world guess Santa Claus exists because they get presents but that doesn't make it true.

You are less safe in GV and BeLa than in DTJC. Period. That is fact.


Explain away the facts in the UCR then, which is probably the best set of stats we have available for JC, where East frequently tops the list.

http://www.njjcpd.org/node/5








DTJC is now known as EAST?

I thought neighborhoods were defined by zip codes...as 07302 is mostly DTJC and 07304 and 07305 is Bela and GV. Please show me that 07302 shows less crime, especially violent crime than 07304 and 07305.


Uh, Downtown is in the EAST DISTRICT. And since when is a neighborhood defined by a zip?


Nope. http://www.njjcpd.org/east-district

The border of DTJC is the I-78 to the west. Not Garfield. Nothing beyond I-78 is DTJC. Also has parts of JQ Square in the east district.

DTJC is The Village, Exchange place, paulus hook, liberty harbor north, powerhouse arts district. the waterfront, harismus cove, hamilton park, van vorst park. I believe all have 07302 as a zip


Posted on: 2015/4/21 13:57
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#36
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/1/19 4:04
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 996
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
...

DTJC is now known as EAST?

I thought neighborhoods were defined by zip codes...as 07302 is mostly DTJC and 07304 and 07305 is Bela and GV. Please show me that 07302 shows less crime, especially violent crime than 07304 and 07305.


You see that's where your own argument fails. The "facts" you linked from areavibe have a big word noted against them - estimate. Afaik JCPD doesn't publish crime locations more granular than whats in the UCR.

Areavibes (and other sites like Trulia, spotcrime, etc) probably take what meager crime stats they glean from sources outside of the JCPD, then use that to extrapolate their numbers. Without the real crime location those numbers could be badly skewed by any number of factors.

Plus the actual crime numbers in any given location may not be directly proportional to an individual's actual relative safety. For example if 90% of all violent crime in JC was committed on gang members, drug buyers/sellers plus domestic-related - doesn't that skew the picture?

An analogy might be that you wouldn't want to live in HP due to the high number of traffic accidents at the Holland tunnel. Most of us simply learn to cross the street or avoid it.

When you get some real facts - get back to us.

(PS: Candice mentioned on another thread that they were working on publishing crimes vs actual locations based on the UCR data. To date I don't think that has happened)


Let's not guess. Let's see what the methodology is:
http://www.areavibes.com/methodology/

Crime Rates

The 2 main categories of crime are violent crime and property crime. Within each category there are various types of crime. Violent crime includes: murder, rape, robbery and assault. Property crime includes: burglary, theft and vehicle theft. A total crime index is based on all total crimes. Higher weights are given to violent crimes as they are more severe. The score is calculated based on comparisons to both state and national averages.

Data Sources
-FBI uniform Crime Reports


Here's your argument - Sites use "meager" crime reporting data which may not present the whole picture. So hey, just because it was reported that there were 10 shootings in GV, doesn't mean there weren't 100 in DTJC. (Since we are just making up stuff, what makes one assume that the crime in GV is not UNDER Reported?). More importantly, even if we have actual numbers, our perceived safety is different than what occurs in the real world. For example, you may be walking past a gun fight and to some people, the whizzing of bullets may be soothing. Who knows? Who's to judge? Finally, even if there are actual numbers and someone perceives danger, most of it is gang related and none of us are gang members right. (Forget that almost all of the gang related shootings are in GV and BeLa and last I checked, bullets don't always hit gang members).

Great argument for GV. You might be wondering why I care so much? Well, people on this board give horrible advice and people moving to JC do come to this board to look for advice on neighborhoods to live in. GV is a crime ridden area of JC and dramatic things need to happen but can't happen if we all lie to ourselves. If we care about the safety of others, why would you ever recommend GV as a place to live for someone. I don't even think I would do that to an enemy of mine..

Posted on: 2015/4/21 13:48
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#35
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2011/12/12 0:13
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 756
Offline
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Yeah you can’t define a JC neighborhood by just a zip code...

I found a pretty good JC zip code / neighborhood map.

http://www.zipmap.net/New_Jersey/Hudson_County/Jersey_City.htm

“This page shows a Google Map with an overlay of Zip Codes for Jersey City,
Hudson County, New Jersey. Users can easily view the boundaries of each Zip”


I like the way it defines JC hoods in a way that I knew them growing up. Although Marion is part of Journal Square on the map…hmmm the “Marion Boys” wouldn’t like that at all. People are always asking for the boundaries of West Side and McGinley Square they were always tricky… the map shows them.

Nearby Neighborhoods
Bergen-Lafayette
Downtown
Greenville
Hackensack Riverfront
Journal Square
Liberty Park
Lincoln Park
McGinley Square
The Heights
The Waterfront
West Side


And let's not forget the Western Slope, Sparrow Hill, Dog Patch, The Island, The Canyon.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 11:13
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#34
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2009/10/7 15:46
Last Login :
Yesterday 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3100
Offline
Yeah you can’t define a JC neighborhood by just a zip code...

I found a pretty good JC zip code / neighborhood map.

http://www.zipmap.net/New_Jersey/Hudson_County/Jersey_City.htm

“This page shows a Google Map with an overlay of Zip Codes for Jersey City,
Hudson County, New Jersey. Users can easily view the boundaries of each Zip”


I like the way it defines JC hoods in a way that I knew them growing up. Although Marion is part of Journal Square on the map…hmmm the “Marion Boys” wouldn’t like that at all. People are always asking for the boundaries of West Side and McGinley Square they were always tricky… the map shows them.

Nearby Neighborhoods
Bergen-Lafayette
Downtown
Greenville
Hackensack Riverfront
Journal Square
Liberty Park
Lincoln Park
McGinley Square
The Heights
The Waterfront
West Side

Posted on: 2015/4/21 2:34
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#33
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2011/12/12 0:13
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 756
Offline
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Jersey_City-New_Jersey/crime/

I'd hazard a guess that you are equally likely to be a victim of crime almost anywhere in JC - if you factor out gang-related in-fighting.



You can guess all you want. The facts don't support your guessing. Kids around the world guess Santa Claus exists because they get presents but that doesn't make it true.

You are less safe in GV and BeLa than in DTJC. Period. That is fact.


Explain away the facts in the UCR then, which is probably the best set of stats we have available for JC, where East frequently tops the list.

http://www.njjcpd.org/node/5








DTJC is now known as EAST?

I thought neighborhoods were defined by zip codes...as 07302 is mostly DTJC and 07304 and 07305 is Bela and GV. Please show me that 07302 shows less crime, especially violent crime than 07304 and 07305.


Uh, Downtown is in the EAST DISTRICT. And since when is a neighborhood defined by a zip?

Posted on: 2015/4/21 1:19
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#32
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2019/8/30 3:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3037
Offline
Ok vindication15 - you done? Can we close this?



Posted on: 2015/4/21 1:11
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#31
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2019/8/30 3:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3037
Offline
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
...

DTJC is now known as EAST?

I thought neighborhoods were defined by zip codes...as 07302 is mostly DTJC and 07304 and 07305 is Bela and GV. Please show me that 07302 shows less crime, especially violent crime than 07304 and 07305.


You see that's where your own argument fails. The "facts" you linked from areavibe have a big word noted against them - estimate. Afaik JCPD doesn't publish crime locations more granular than whats in the UCR.

Areavibes (and other sites like Trulia, spotcrime, etc) probably take what meager crime stats they glean from sources outside of the JCPD, then use that to extrapolate their numbers. Without the real crime location those numbers could be badly skewed by any number of factors.

Plus the actual crime numbers in any given location may not be directly proportional to an individual's actual relative safety. For example if 90% of all violent crime in JC was committed on gang members, drug buyers/sellers plus domestic-related - doesn't that skew the picture?

An analogy might be that you wouldn't want to live in HP due to the high number of traffic accidents at the Holland tunnel. Most of us simply learn to cross the street or avoid it.

When you get some real facts - get back to us.

(PS: Candice mentioned on another thread that they were working on publishing crimes vs actual locations based on the UCR data. To date I don't think that has happened)

Posted on: 2015/4/20 23:00
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/1/19 4:04
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 996
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Jersey_City-New_Jersey/crime/

I'd hazard a guess that you are equally likely to be a victim of crime almost anywhere in JC - if you factor out gang-related in-fighting.



You can guess all you want. The facts don't support your guessing. Kids around the world guess Santa Claus exists because they get presents but that doesn't make it true.

You are less safe in GV and BeLa than in DTJC. Period. That is fact.


Explain away the facts in the UCR then, which is probably the best set of stats we have available for JC, where East frequently tops the list.

http://www.njjcpd.org/node/5








DTJC is now known as EAST?

I thought neighborhoods were defined by zip codes...as 07302 is mostly DTJC and 07304 and 07305 is Bela and GV. Please show me that 07302 shows less crime, especially violent crime than 07304 and 07305.

Posted on: 2015/4/20 22:09
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2019/8/30 3:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3037
Offline
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Jersey_City-New_Jersey/crime/

I'd hazard a guess that you are equally likely to be a victim of crime almost anywhere in JC - if you factor out gang-related in-fighting.



You can guess all you want. The facts don't support your guessing. Kids around the world guess Santa Claus exists because they get presents but that doesn't make it true.

You are less safe in GV and BeLa than in DTJC. Period. That is fact.


Explain away the facts in the UCR then, which is probably the best set of stats we have available for JC, where East frequently tops the list.

http://www.njjcpd.org/node/5







Posted on: 2015/4/20 21:07
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/1/19 4:04
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 996
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Jersey_City-New_Jersey/crime/

I'd hazard a guess that you are equally likely to be a victim of crime almost anywhere in JC - if you factor out gang-related in-fighting.



You can guess all you want. The facts don't support your guessing. Kids around the world guess Santa Claus exists because they get presents but that doesn't make it true.

You are less safe in GV and BeLa than in DTJC. Period. That is fact.

Posted on: 2015/4/20 19:53
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2019/8/30 3:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3037
Offline
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Jersey_City-New_Jersey/crime/

I wouldn't trash-talk any section of JC. There are good and bad streets in every ward. Downtown is prone to auto-theft, burglaries and muggings. I'd hazard a guess that you are equally likely to be a victim of crime almost anywhere in JC - if you factor out gang-related in-fighting.

Personal safety to me is more about being alert to situations than places.

Posted on: 2015/4/20 19:17
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#26
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2014/2/3 17:44
Last Login :
2016/7/12 21:19
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 9
Offline
Thanks you, Scott. For all of your hard work. On this thread.

Posted on: 2015/4/20 14:16
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/10/11 4:24
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 183
Offline
Can you point me in the direction of this dealer so I can buy some drugs from him.

Posted on: 2015/4/20 13:56
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/1/19 4:04
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 996
Offline
You ever been to an AA meeting? the first phase is just admitting you have a problem. I would love for a greenville resident to come here and just say,

"Look, there is a huge crime problem in GV. We are the worst neighborhood in JC as it relates to crime. We need more patroling, we need mandatory curfew, we need to step up neighborhood watch, etc"

Instead, statements like

"Crime happens everywhere" w/o mentioning incidence

"You have to watch where you are everywhere" w/o mentioning that in GV, you have to watch where you are every second.

"Compared to the rest of NJ, we are pretty safe"...okay...I bet if you compare GV to Iraq, GV is like heaven on earth.

Give me a break, please

Posted on: 2015/4/20 13:02
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/1/19 4:04
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 996
Offline
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
according to your stats:

The overall crime rate in Greenville is 5% lower than than the national average.For every 100,000 people, there are 8.05 daily crimes that occur in Greenville.Greenville is safer than 78% of the cities in the New Jersey.In Greenville you have a 1 in 35 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.The number of total year over year crimes in Jersey City has decreased by 13%.

Sooo..... its not a walk in the park but Greenville IS Jersey City too... or shall we just break off DTJC and rename it to something different?


see! It is always "my stats" lolol. Yeah, I actually control all crime reporting.

So you are comparing yourself to all of NJ including cities like Camden and Newark. Great, you do that.

Greenville is Jersey City which is one of the reasons why JC has such a bad rep and also one of the reasons why my home value is not as much as a home in Manhattan.

You show me a petition which Greenville asks to break off from JC and I'll be the first to sign.


Posted on: 2015/4/20 12:56
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/10/9 3:09
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 288
Offline
Quote:

I am a smart person with low income. Why is this board surprised by that combination?


Because if you were REALLY that smart, you'd find a way to NOT be low income anymore.

Posted on: 2015/4/20 10:51
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2007/10/11 3:28
Last Login :
2017/1/5 1:56
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Posts: 2889
Offline
It's all about how much effort you are willing to exert to stop criminals. I see so many posts and hear so many stories about people seeing stuff but not making an effort to do something about it. I have made the effort and 9 people have gone to jail. A few years ago a neighboring building got broken into, 5 or 6 bikes were stolen but the residents shrugged it off. "Stuff happens" and no police report made. Well the perps came back the NEXT day and made off with the 2 bikes they missed the day before. Yes, it's a pain in the ass sometimes. Last time I got involved my weekend getaway was delayed by 4 hours while the cop typed the report with 2 fingers but the A-hole thief got put away. If you see something, say something. Don't just write about it hours later. WE ALL KNOW THAT CRIME HAPPENS ALL OVER JC.

Posted on: 2015/4/20 7:54
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/3/24 20:27
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 480
Offline
according to your stats:

The overall crime rate in Greenville is 5% lower than than the national average.For every 100,000 people, there are 8.05 daily crimes that occur in Greenville.Greenville is safer than 78% of the cities in the New Jersey.In Greenville you have a 1 in 35 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.The number of total year over year crimes in Jersey City has decreased by 13%.

Sooo..... its not a walk in the park but Greenville IS Jersey City too... or shall we just break off DTJC and rename it to something different?

Posted on: 2015/4/20 4:59
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/1/19 4:04
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 996
Offline
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Not sure if you are from the states, but there are drugs and crime everywhere. You can even get an 8 ball in the suburbs. Shocking right? not really.


absolutely. Even though I love living in DTJC, whether this happpened or not, it could have happened. Those of you who think dtjc is summit by the sea and need to denigrate others to support your naivite might want to look at the thread that recommends eye doctors. BTW, User your link to Greenville is appreciated here.



Not my opinion. GV is crime ridden. YOU LIVE IN A CRIME RIDDEN AREA. I'll link you to some stats but I await your post saying that the numbers are imaginary.

http://www.areavibes.com/jersey+city-nj/greenville/crime/
http://www.areavibes.com/jersey+city-nj/downtown/crime/

More than twice as likely to get hit by violent crime in greenville than in dtjc. Why are you surprised by facts?

PS: I saw that you claim to "live" in dtjc. Must be on the corner of imaginary and wish streets

Posted on: 2015/4/19 16:28
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/1/19 4:04
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 996
Offline
For those searching for homes who may come across this thread, yes crime can happen anywhere.

the INCIDENCE of CRIME is NOT the same. Look at crime rates and the highest crime ridden areas of JC are greenville and bergen lafayette with the safest neighborhood being DTJC.

So those who keep stating crime can happen anywhere are just trying to downplay the safety within their own neighborhoods. Yes, crime can happen in the upper east side and in brownsville brooklyn but crime happens MORE in one neighborhood than the other - just guess...


Posted on: 2015/4/19 16:23
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2011/12/12 0:13
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 756
Offline
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:


Ha, ha. No I am not. But I am a bad typer on the fly. I am a smart person with low income. Why is this board surprised by that combination? He took my name and number. They caught a woman. He asked if I could identify the man. I gave it my best. [/quote]


This is like the 5th time you are saying you have low income, what the f$ck does that have to do with this? People with high income are better at typing? Don't report crime? Don't care about drug dealing? Enjoy your day you low income nutcase [/quote]

Remember Janet, God doesn't like ugly & neither does the Webmaster.

Posted on: 2015/4/19 15:57
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2010/2/24 17:18
Last Login :
6/3 1:33
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 251
Offline
[/quote]

Ha, ha. No I am not. But I am a bad typer on the fly. I am a smart person with low income. Why is this board surprised by that combination? He took my name and number. They caught a woman. He asked if I could identify the man. I gave it my best. [/quote]


This is like the 5th time you are saying you have low income, what the f$ck does that have to do with this? People with high income are better at typing? Don't report crime? Don't care about drug dealing? Enjoy your day you low income nutcase

Posted on: 2015/4/19 15:28
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#15
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2015/2/20 18:44
Last Login :
2015/4/19 14:50
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 11
Offline
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

JerseyJanet wrote:
I phoned the non-emergency number this morning. They transferred me to a detective. I described the bike (white, silver, odd seat, mountain bike) and he said they caught someone this morning. Same bike color. I described the person. But it wasn't the same as who they caught. I told him I swear it was the same man handing over drugs not half an hour later. He said they act fast and don't care what time of day and it didn't surprise him.

I did my part. Sorry I didn't call sooner but life responsibility got in the way.



I am glad you ultimately did the right thing. Even if it wasn't the right person, word about this will spread around & put those with something to hide on guard. You do not have to stick around or give your name, just give the info. As small as it seems, if everyone just takes that moment, you may not stop all crime but you can certainly make the criminals life miserable. The captain in the East District is a stand-up guy, go to his monthly meetings.

The police chief from Union City once told me that when he looked at the monthly stats & saw a boatload of calls his crime stats were lower & vice versa. If you see something, say something.


Oh by the way, if you are a troll God don't like ugly & the Webmaster will get you.


Ha, ha. No I am not. But I am a bad typer on the fly. I am a smart person with low income. Why is this board surprised by that combination? He took my name and number. They caught a woman. He asked if I could identify the man. I gave it my best.

Posted on: 2015/4/19 14:50
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2011/12/12 0:13
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 756
Offline
Quote:

JerseyJanet wrote:
I phoned the non-emergency number this morning. They transferred me to a detective. I described the bike (white, silver, odd seat, mountain bike) and he said they caught someone this morning. Same bike color. I described the person. But it wasn't the same as who they caught. I told him I swear it was the same man handing over drugs not half an hour later. He said they act fast and don't care what time of day and it didn't surprise him.

I did my part. Sorry I didn't call sooner but life responsibility got in the way.


I am glad you ultimately did the right thing. Even if it wasn't the right person, word about this will spread around & put those with something to hide on guard. You do not have to stick around or give your name, just give the info. As small as it seems, if everyone just takes that moment, you may not stop all crime but you can certainly make the criminals life miserable. The captain in the East District is a stand-up guy, go to his monthly meetings.

The police chief from Union City once told me that when he looked at the monthly stats & saw a boatload of calls his crime stats were lower & vice versa. If you see something, say something.


Oh by the way, if you are a troll God don't like ugly & the Webmaster will get you.

Posted on: 2015/4/19 14:06
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#13
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2015/2/20 18:44
Last Login :
2015/4/19 14:50
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 11
Offline
I phoned the non-emergency number this morning. They transferred me to a detective. I described the bike (white, silver, odd seat, mountain bike) and he said they caught someone this morning. Same bike color. I described the person. But it wasn't the same as who they caught. I told him I swear it was the same man handing over drugs not half an hour later. He said they act fast and don't care what time of day and it didn't surprise him.

I did my part. Sorry I didn't call sooner but life responsibility got in the way.

Posted on: 2015/4/19 13:50
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2014/12/21 14:43
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 376
Offline
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Not sure if you are from the states, but there are drugs and crime everywhere. You can even get an 8 ball in the suburbs. Shocking right? not really.


absolutely. Even though I love living in DTJC, whether this happpened or not, it could have happened. Those of you who think dtjc is summit by the sea and need to denigrate others to support your naivite might want to look at the thread that recommends eye doctors. BTW, User your link to Greenville is appreciated here.

Posted on: 2015/4/19 13:38
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/1/11 18:21
Last Login :
12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4970
Offline
Not sure if you are from the states, but there are drugs and crime everywhere. You can even get an 8 ball in the suburbs. Shocking right? not really.

Posted on: 2015/4/19 5:11
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#10
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2015/2/20 18:44
Last Login :
2015/4/19 14:50
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 11
Offline
I signed up for advice about my landlord taking advantage. It helped my family very much. We plan to keep using this board for advice.

I'm positive it was the same man selling a bike behind Porto's and fist bumping a pass off in front of bodega on Newark and Grove. I posted because it was bold for afternoon. I was mad I had to pull my kids through two groups with the same tweaked man. I trust downtown so it was a surprise. He seemed irrational and erratic. My children are babysat on Newark. To be told by a poster if it occurred to me to phone police? I was defensive. I have two jobs and was rushing from one place to another. I have a great second boss (not so much my first!).

I would never give my name on public board when asking maybe illegal things my landlord is doing. This thread proves why people want to be private. My husband calls our home a condo. And that is okay by me. We are low income and work very hard. I call my babysitter my nanny. I know it's not true. How unfair to call me out for what makes me proud. How unfair to judge my grammar when I try very hard to be correct if I have time, when I don't I slip. I'm very good at English. I can use proper grammar. If I slip it is because I'm rushed. My husband is much better when he writes on here, we both posted on my JerseyJanet account when asking landlord questions because he is better to know what was going on and smarter on it. Why does it matter?

This forum bullies. You all have too much time on your hands. Shame on you. You owe me an apology. But for people who helped me? Thank you. And after reading a mad man was on rooftops in the area, I can't help to think it was him. Or maybe bad drugs going around town right now. I will file what I saw with police.

Posted on: 2015/4/19 4:23

Edited by JerseyJanet on 2015/4/19 4:39:20
Edited by JerseyJanet on 2015/4/19 4:45:13
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2007/10/11 3:28
Last Login :
2017/1/5 1:56
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Posts: 2889
Offline
I like how her grammar and verb tense all go out the window when her/his past posts are all pretty well written. "Me no likey what I seen in DTJC."

Posted on: 2015/4/19 3:49
Top


Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/5/22 20:46
Last Login :
Today 0:28
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 443
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JerseyJanet wrote:
I walking with my kids along Columbus Ave. and Jersey Ave. and saw a man convincing two other men the bike he's trying to sell them isn't stolen because he wouldn't do that to people. It was odd and obvious a 'deal' was going down to offload this nice mountain bike. He seemed tweaked out. I rushed my kids along.

I see him again on Grove and Newark 15 minutes later with a group of unkempt people and he's handing over a small packet of white stuff while they shake hands. It was ridiculously obvious, I'm short and I was practically nose level to this transaction. It was ballsy. I couldn't believe this was in broad daylight at the Grove PATH station area. He had no bike with him then so probably sold it to those other two.

I seriously saw these two things, same man, in under half hour committing two crimes. People, families walking everywhere. I was with small children.

We think DTJC has changed?


Cool story. Another GV or BeLa resident sad about living in those neighborhoods. Anyone can makeup stories on an internet forum. I can make up stories about crime in GV or BeLa too except I don't have to as nj.com posts those crime stories DAILY. In any case, anyone interested in dtjc just needs to look at crime stats.


I'm with you. This person is an obvious troll. There have been several new accounts created recently for trolling purposes and I suspect the same individual is behind all of them.

As for this fake thread, in post #4, JerseyJanet stated that "she" is a "low income working mom." However, if you click on her profile, she claims that her real name is Scott.

I'd take a screenshot before the account holder changes his account information, but I just don't care. It's just some loser with nothing better to do than create fake profiles to try and push some agenda.


Same here - read "Janet's" other posts about "her" lease of an apartment in a condo - lots of low income moms leasing in condos.

Posted on: 2015/4/19 2:46
Top




« 1 (2) 3 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017