Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

Re: Murder and mahem in Lafayette under Fulop?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I thought I remember reading an article that said Fulop actually bought a brownstone on Communipaw Ave in B-L.

Posted on: 2015/4/9 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
CapN John:

Well, thanks. I always kind of like the NY Post headline writers. That being said, I did back off almost immediately, e.g. following my post with an apology as it was just two people shot up and still clinging to life and not dead.

Personally, I'm entirely indifferent to where Fulup lives. I do wonder though, sometimes about neighborhood leadership in Lafayette and its focus or lack of same.

Mao

Posted on: 2015/4/9 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
Saying you're looking for a place in a neighborhood, is far, far different than "promising" you're moving there (as accused here in this thread).

Perhaps you didn't read the article, Capn. Sure - life gets in the way and all and things change (although we are talking about someone who is remarkably focused and seventeen-tasks with the best of them...)

I think this quote and article lend a little more weight to the notion he created the expectation he was moving to B/L:

Besides, Fulop added, he intends to live in Ward F. A longtime Downtown resident, Fulop has sold his Paulus Hook walkup and seeks to buy a home in Bergen-Lafayette.

?It?s a strong signal, is really what I think,? he said. ?I want to have a commitment to the area beyond just saying it.?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... t_plans.html#incart_river

Beyond just saying it!

Posted on: 2015/4/8 20:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/8 20:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Saying you're looking for a place in a neighborhood, is far, far different than "promising" you're moving there (as accused here in this thread).

Posted on: 2015/4/8 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RebeccaS wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
One can't help but wonder if the crime situation in Bergen/Lafayette might be better if the Mayor had followed through on his promise to move there after the election. Sadly, he remains encamped in a small studio rental in Paulus Hook, bags packed for Trenton.

I believe the mayor never said he was moving to Bergen-Lafayette; he did say, however, he was moving to Ward F. Parts of downtown are now in Ward F.

A sentence from midway through the article linked below:

And the mayor himself is looking for a residence in Bergen-Lafayette.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... drive_in_jersey_city.html

Posted on: 2015/4/8 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
and to the OP, calling this "Murder and Mayhen in Lafayette under Fulop" is a nice sensational headline? maybe go for a job at the NY Post?

Posted on: 2015/4/8 19:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
saying "Crime is up on the LRT" and then referencing an incident from 2010 that didn't "get a report filed" is a tad suspicious?

and then also saying "the times i've seen guns drawn on the LRT and told cops but they did nothing", is also suspect to me?.

i've been riding the entire route of the LRT for 10 years, at all hours, to all stops, and never seen a gun drawn, nor have I seen a LRT police guy be unresponsive to anyone reporting an issue.

Not trying to call you a liar, but maybe you exaggerate a bit to fit your story?.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Most of Lafayette is in the West District so reporting incidents involves going to the 7th Street downtown police station, not the one on Communipau up the hill. I think the boundary is Garfield, though not exactly sure. It seems to me that West of Garfield become Bergen Hill etc.

Thank you for correcting me. I don't live in Lafayette, so I don't know which police station controls the area. However, the premise of going to the police station is the most logical. I found little to no results when making a call. However, if you show up and ask to talk to someone, they may listen.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 15:23
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Most of Lafayette is in the West District so reporting incidents involves going to the 7th Street downtown police station, not the one on Communipau up the hill. I think the boundary is Garfield, though not exactly sure. It seems to me that West of Garfield become Bergen Hill etc.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
She is useless.

Quote:

getz011 wrote:
Calling Diane Coleman...

Councilwoman Coleman, come in, we need you...

Repeat, Councilwoman Coleman, respond when in range...

Hmm, no one there.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 14:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/4 7:20
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

Nexis wrote:
Crime is also up on the Light Rail...

Your opinion? If not, post a link please

Quote:

Nexis wrote:
The Person who did the flashing and attempted groping ,I believe he raped someone a week later.

link please

The incident happened in 2010 , I don't have a link to an article... Attempted Groping is the wrong word , it was more like trying to grab my legs and then when I got up he tried to touch me again. I exited the car at Christopher Street and couldn't find anyone... I decided to let it go , intill a few hours later when I saw some PA cops and decided to report it. I think they didn't want to pursue it due to the fact that I waited and maybe because i'm a guy. That was my first I guess subway crime / weird incident. Ive seen worse since then and Ive formed a thick skin to stuff like that.

As for crime being up on the LRT , thats a general opinion.... It seems more incidents have been happening on the LRT...

Posted on: 2015/4/8 14:01

Edited by Nexis on 2015/4/8 14:28:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trambone wrote:
I've tried calling the police. They refuse to show any presence on pacific avenue or enforce any laws while driving by. I will continue to call the police until they actually show up.

Instead of calling, take a walk up to the Communipaw station and talk to someone. I?ve found they are nonresponsive to phone calls. However, I walked into the station and they sent someone to my block the next day.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 13:57
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
A guy gets whacked south on Pacific a week or so ago, another guy catches a magazine full of slugs in Lafayette Park, another shoot-em-up (10 shots fired) just south of Communipaw near Arlington Park-is there a turf war going on?

Posted on: 2015/4/8 13:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Nexis wrote:
Crime is also up on the Light Rail...

Your opinion? If not, post a link please

Quote:

Nexis wrote:
The Person who did the flashing and attempted groping ,I believe he raped someone a week later.

link please

Posted on: 2015/4/8 13:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/4 7:20
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Crime is also up on the Light Rail... The few times ive tried to report crime on or near the LRT or on the PATH including a flashing incident I was rebuffed by the police. The Person who did the flashing and attempted groping ,I believe he raped someone a week later. He was clearly mentally disturbed...but the PA cops seemed annoyed when I tried to report it... A few times that ive seen people draw guns on the LRT ive gotten off and flagged down cop who didn't seen in a rush to do anything.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 12:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
I've tried calling the police. They refuse to show any presence on pacific avenue or enforce any laws while driving by. I will continue to call the police until they actually show up.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 4:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
FYI most of these shootings will stop when JC deals with its drug problem.
JC shootings are mostly gang related and even when they are drug related they are still usually gang related. I have a feeling a gang war is on the way this summer though when they release the blood member that beat the murder charge for throwing a crip in the Hudson River a few years ago. I believe the Jersey Journal said he gets released in June.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 1:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Calling Diane Coleman...

Councilwoman Coleman, come in, we need you...

Repeat, Councilwoman Coleman, respond when in range...

Hmm, no one there.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 1:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 19:50
From Bergen-Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
One can't help but wonder if the crime situation in Bergen/Lafayette might be better if the Mayor had followed through on his promise to move there after the election. Sadly, he remains encamped in a small studio rental in Paulus Hook, bags packed for Trenton.

I believe the mayor never said he was moving to Bergen-Lafayette; he did say, however, he was moving to Ward F. Parts of downtown are now in Ward F.

Posted on: 2015/4/7 23:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nemobeatz wrote:
Things have been relatively quiet for the past 3-5 years, not sure what's causing this uptick but I'm hoping it's just a flash in the pan sort of thing.

I find whenever the city or county does a sweep this happens. Hudson county office did a sweep about a week ago and 111 people were arrested and a week later shoot outs daily. I guess who ever ratted out who etc...

Posted on: 2015/4/7 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City police are currently investigating the gunfire that erupted on Arlington Avenue this afternoon, the city's public safety spokeswoman Carly Baldwin said.

Resized Image

Police recovered 10 spent shell casing in front of a residence between Bramhall Avenue and Union Street after police received a report of shots fired at 4:36 p.m., Baldwin said.

No one was reported to be injured in the daytime gunfire, Baldwin said, adding that the police department's Cease Fire Unit is on scene.

No additional information was immediately available.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _from_a.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/4/7 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 15:19
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Things have been relatively quiet for the past 3-5 years, not sure what's causing this uptick but I'm hoping it's just a flash in the pan sort of thing.

Posted on: 2015/4/7 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There has also been a rash of car break ins in the neighborhood. (I saw the results of one last week and heard of two others). This too is a new experience since that problem had been unknown. In addition, the Dollar Store on Pacific where the old Post Office had been generates constant problematic groups (multiple double parked cars with blaring music up to 11 pm).

Posted on: 2015/4/7 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/7 20:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the links.

I guess the drug markets move around town to evade detection. I had thought the park (Ercell Webb) has been much quieter the last few years (there used to be constant activity in the gazebo).

I confess that I have been fearing that the general sudden disfavor of "broken windows policing" would lead to a deterioration of things. Not sure what the JCPD is doing though in his platform the mayor had promised to "escalate broken window" strategies. http://stevenfulop.com/sites/default/ ... op_public_safety_plan.pdf

Posted on: 2015/4/7 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
FYI most of these shootings will stop when JC deals with its drug problem.

A Jersey City man was shot eight times in Ercel Webb Park last night and is in critical condition, authorities said.

At 11:36 p.m., police responded to the park, also known as Lafayette Park, and found a 22-year-old Forrest Street resident who had been shot multiple times, reports say.

The victim told police that a man dressed in black approached him from behind and shot him several times before fleeing south toward Communipaw Avenue through Manning Street, reports say.

The victim was taken to Jersey City Medical Center-Barnabas Health, reports said, and although he had suffered life threatening wounds, the 22-year-old was in stable condition by 12:52 a.m. this morning.

The 22-year-old is in critical condition in the intensive care unit, JCMC spokesman Mark Rabson said.

A CAT scan revealed eight rounds inside the victim's body, reports said, with visible wounds on the man's right arm, lower abdomen, groin area and both legs.

Police canvassing the scene of the crime found six shell casings, reports said. Anyone with information about this shooting should call the Jersey City Police Department Confidential Tip Line at (201) 547-JAIL.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... el_webb.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/4/7 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/7 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, I just re-read it and it says shootings....which implies that both victims survived. So that's a very important thing. Am I now re-reading it correctly.

Also, the Fulop headline may not be fair. But the administration wants to take credit for the sun rising so bad news can't be always blamed on someone else.

There are weird blips and one hopes it is just that.

Posted on: 2015/4/7 18:37

Murder and mahem in Lafayette under Fulop?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Is this general news. I had not heard about it but got an email from the neighborhood group. I've been in Lafayette since 2006 and do not ever remember two shootings so close together.

....sadly, there have been two shootings in the last few weeks in our neighborhood. One was on Pacific in the west district past the light rail tracks resulting in a fatality, and one was last night near Pacific and Lafayette shortly before midnight, sending someone with three gunshot wounds to the hospital. If you have any information regarding the latest incident, you can call ANONYMOUSLY 201.547.JAIL ... you can leave a message and do not have to identify yourself.

Posted on: 2015/4/7 18:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017