Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
162 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Re: U.S. Sen. Menendez - new federal investigation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Pebble wrote:
I find it rather comical that it is factually pointed out that the sanctions on Russia have been working

It depends on what was the goal of the sanctions. If the goal was to make lives of the Russian people harder, than yes sure it is much harder now.

If the goal was to make Russian aggression in Ukraine stop than I am sorry to inform you that no, nothing changed.

Oh, and, just in case, the biggest blow to Russian economy was not from the sanctions, but from the huge drop in oil prices. And that blow wasn't delivered by Obama. It was the blow that was delivered by the American oil industry, fracking and all those things Obama hates so much, but just can't prohibit, since it doesn't happen on federal lands.

Quote:
Pebble wrote:
...and your response is to go with ?blindly following? and ?na?ve.? Maybe in your world it isn?t possible to consider one thing positive and be negative on something else. However, I happen to live in the real world.

And in that world of yours the Russian aggression stopped, didn't it?

Posted on: 2015/4/9 4:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Not sure why you keep mentioning Hannity. You make personal attacks and unsubstantiated claims citing ?empirical data? with no evidence. Your circle of friends must think you are brilliant when you toss out these empty multi-syllable words / phrases. I can only assume transcribing your HuffPo talking points you lost the empirical evidence? But it is good that you don't let the facts and logic get in the way of your fairytale viewpoints of the world. The sanctions have not stopped Putin's global ambitions and BTW there would not be any Ukraine crisis if the Obama Administration had not encouraged the overthrow of a legitimately elected Ukraine government. Another foreign policy victory for this President.

[/quote][/quote]
I find it rather comical that it is factually pointed out that the sanctions on Russia have been working and your response is to go with ?blindly following? and ?na?ve.? Maybe in your world it isn?t possible to consider one thing positive and be negative on something else. However, I happen to live in the real world. This would be the world where individual actions can be viewed separate from others.

I also have no idea what your article has to do with Russia?s actions in Ukraine. Your statement is ?Tell me again about Obama having the Russians under control?. Since you quoted my comment, maybe you can point where in my comment that I wrote the words you are stating?

Maybe next time you want to post yet another BS strawman argument, you can keep me out of it. I prefer actual honest discussion over right wing echo chamber circle jerking. As I said before, turn off Hannity sometime. The man is less educated than a mule.
[/quote]

Posted on: 2015/4/8 23:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yeah, the Russians taking a commercial plane out of the air, and not giving back any land they annexed, and our Baltic NATO friends freaking out-yup, Obama's right on track.
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
You're joking, right? Obama's foreign policy moves with Russia have worked?? Turn off msnbc, jeez.

Yes. The empirical data has demonstrated that it has. Russia has been backing down on Ukraine even if their rhetoric isn't. Also, you already know I don't have MSNBC on...

The commercial jet was shot down in July. Sanctions began in August. By your timeline, I guess we can blame Obama for invading Iraq and creating ISIS...

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Tell me again about Obama having the Russians under control... what na?ve people who follow this man blindly

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/07/politic ... -hacked-the-wh/index.html
Quote:
Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
You're joking, right? Obama's foreign policy moves with Russia have worked?? Turn off msnbc, jeez.

Yes. The empirical data has demonstrated that it has. Russia has been backing down on Ukraine even if their rhetoric isn't. Also, you already know I don't have MSNBC on...

I find it rather comical that it is factually pointed out that the sanctions on Russia have been working and your response is to go with ?blindly following? and ?na?ve.? Maybe in your world it isn?t possible to consider one thing positive and be negative on something else. However, I happen to live in the real world. This would be the world where individual actions can be viewed separate from others.

I also have no idea what your article has to do with Russia?s actions in Ukraine. Your statement is ?Tell me again about Obama having the Russians under control?. Since you quoted my comment, maybe you can point where in my comment that I wrote the words you are stating?

Maybe next time you want to post yet another BS strawman argument, you can keep me out of it. I prefer actual honest discussion over right wing echo chamber circle jerking. As I said before, turn off Hannity sometime. The man is less educated than a mule.

Posted on: 2015/4/8 15:21
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

So, their rhethoric isn't. Their troops aren't. What is?
How exactly are they "backing down"?

P.S. By the way, if not MSNBC than what are you watching or reading? Where do you get your information from?

Posted on: 2015/4/8 13:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Tell me again about Obama having the Russians under control... what na?ve people who follow this man blindly

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/07/politic ... -hacked-the-wh/index.html
Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/4/7 23:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, the Russians taking a commercial plane out of the air, and not giving back any land they annexed, and our Baltic NATO friends freaking out-yup, Obama's right on track.
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/4/7 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/4/7 16:12
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/7 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Nice rebuttal of facts... oh that's right it's all Bush's fault. This is not hard to figure out, most global bad actors have figured out Obama. At least he did not "draw a line" in the sand as the March 31st date passed.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[quote]
TheBigGuy wrote:
Another administration lie, this "deal" is only a framework to keep on talking (delaying for the Iranians) The Iranians aren't serious about anything except their threats to destroy Israel and the West. I can't imagine what is said behind WH doors when they make a public statement about progress in talks and minutes later Iranian refute or deny everything the WH just said publicly. Very scary times. The Obama admin has risked what's left of any credible foreign policy on those crazy bastards. That is why they would like the bi-partisan coverage, to blame the Republicans when it fails and iran is lobbing nuke devices all over the ME at their enemies.

Turn off Fox News sometime.

You wrote facts...?

Just to correct you a little, writing innuendo about closed doors or that Obama has no credibility on foreign policy (especially when his Russian dealings worked) is actually an opinion. I didn?t realize a rebuttal of an opinion borne from watching too much Hannity (a community college flunky that just got completely embarrassed by Pat Buchanan on this very subject) was necessary. I was merely trying to present a nice suggestion that might help you out a bit...

Posted on: 2015/4/7 14:30
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Can't wait till the Selective Department of Justice plays their ace in the hole and officially connect Hillary's husband to the Menendez / Washington & Florida Political Connections / Epstein & Optometrist / DR Sex cartel. I am sure they all know each other... The Big Dog loves his cigars

Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
Telenovela time :) I like how all the girls that Menendez helped out with visas were described as "collegiate" "models" from 3rd world countries plus the girl who got the scholarship from his friend's "foundation". I wonder who (i mean, what) she did to get that academic scholarship.... this will be very interesting to watch...lol

To see Menendez's indigation at his indictment is hilarious.

Posted on: 2015/4/7 11:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Nice rebuttal of facts... oh that's right it's all Bush's fault. This is not hard to figure out, most global bad actors have figured out Obama. At least he did not "draw a line" in the sand as the March 31st date passed.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[quote]
TheBigGuy wrote:
Another administration lie, this "deal" is only a framework to keep on talking (delaying for the Iranians) The Iranians aren't serious about anything except their threats to destroy Israel and the West. I can't imagine what is said behind WH doors when they make a public statement about progress in talks and minutes later Iranian refute or deny everything the WH just said publicly. Very scary times. The Obama admin has risked what's left of any credible foreign policy on those crazy bastards. That is why they would like the bi-partisan coverage, to blame the Republicans when it fails and iran is lobbing nuke devices all over the ME at their enemies.

Posted on: 2015/4/7 11:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Telenovela time :) I like how all the girls that Menendez helped out with visas were described as "collegiate" "models" from 3rd world countries plus the girl who got the scholarship from his friend's "foundation". I wonder who (i mean, what) she did to get that academic scholarship.... this will be very interesting to watch...lol

To see Menendez's indigation at his indictment is hilarious.

Posted on: 2015/4/6 15:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
When a Democrat is asking for bi-partisan agreement on the deal-holy cow. Or is he talking about anti vs pro Israel Democrats? :)

Posted on: 2015/4/6 14:43
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
When a Democrat is asking for bi-partisan agreement on the deal-holy cow. Or is he talking about anti vs pro Israel Democrats? :)

Posted on: 2015/4/5 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/5 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Political Insider: After Menendez indictment,  can only offer some holiday appetizers

By Agustin C. Torres | The Jersey Journal The Star-Ledger
April 04, 2015 at  7:16 AM

-- A day after the announced indictment, U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez wanted to show he can still function and issued a statement about the nuclear agreement with Iran.

"Led by Secretary of State John Kerry and Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz, our negotiators have worked tirelessly throughout these talks and today's announcement deserves rigorous review and analysis. In the coming days, this preliminary understanding will receive close scrutiny, and for that reason, Congress must fulfill its oversight responsibilities. That begins with taking up on April 14 in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015. If diplomats can negotiate for two years on this issue, then certainly Congress is entitled to a review period of an agreement that will fundamentally alter our relationship with Iran and the sanctions imposed by Congress. The best outcome remains a good deal that ends Iran's illicit nuclear weapons program. That requires a strong, united, and bipartisan approach from the Administration and Congress."

Since the proposed agreement doesn't seem to actually end the Iran weapons program, I'm trying to decide whether Menendez is still tweaking President Obama and whether the Mossad has joined his legal defense team.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... e_holiday_appetizers.html

Posted on: 2015/4/5 3:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No way Christie appoints Fulop to anything, let alone Senator.

Posted on: 2015/4/3 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Its a credible scenario eliminating Fulop as a gubernatorial candidate by appointing him Senator when Menendez sees the handwriting on the wall...This will insure Christies choice of Sweeney as Governor & getting Sweeneys nod for Christies presidential bid.

Posted on: 2015/4/3 21:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Christie won't appoint Fulop; like the last time he'll appoint a middle of the road Republican and call for a special election-rather than appoint a Republican for the rest of Menendez's term, which is his right to do.

Fulop decides to run for Senator, agreeing that he'll stand down in exchange for Sweeney getting a clear path. He does this because he's been losing supporters like Lesniak recently, hasn't been able to control the Hudson County Democrats, and the south Jersey Dems don't seem to like him much.

Posted on: 2015/4/3 20:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
Does anyone here "Fulop for Senate"! When Bob M goes down, and he will go down. Steven is cut the deal with Sweeney and the guys in the south to run for Senate.

I'll think on this, but you've got a very good point. GED Sweeney would never fit in as a Senator, but he could pull off being a NJ Governor. Fulop might actually aspire to a Senate spot under that scenario. Is there a big enough closet in DC for Booker AND Fulop though? :)

Fulop as Senator...? I don't see Christie appointing him. A special election now? I don't see Fulop running.

I can see Sweeney making the move given all the water-carrying he's done for Christie.

Posted on: 2015/4/3 20:07
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
Does anyone here "Fulop for Senate"! When Bob M goes down, and he will go down. Steven is cut the deal with Sweeney and the guys in the south to run for Senate.

I'll think on this, but you've got a very good point. GED Sweeney would never fit in as a Senator, but he could pull off being a NJ Governor. Fulop might actually aspire to a Senate spot under that scenario. Is there a big enough closet in DC for Booker AND Fulop though? :)

Posted on: 2015/4/3 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/1 22:03
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/3 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Monroe's reaction to the indictment:

Resized Image

So, after Menendez resigns and Christie appoints himself a senator, I wonder which picture you are going to choose to portray your own reaction to that.

Posted on: 2015/4/3 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Add the NYTimes to the voices calling for Democrat Senator Menendez to resign.

Obviously the comment of a very impressionable person, lol.

A Democrat CLOSELY associated with who...? Wonder what its motivation for such a call could be, lol. Perhaps it is in full out damage control mode now? The least objective news source you could site given its overt, documented and well-known bias.

And oh by the way, chuckles abound at the sophomoric emphasis placed on "Democrat." As if a distinction exists between a purchased-and-paid-for Democrat and a purchased-and-paid-for Republican. They're ALL purchased-and-paid-for. How else, would a FOREIGN diplomat ever see his way into America's once most sacrosanct chamber in order to propagate a war against Iran in defiance of a sitting President and at the very same time receive no less than 25 standing ovations?

You're right. Emphasis should have been 'Hudson County' Democrat, because they're a special subset of the national party known for corruption.

Posted on: 2015/4/3 11:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
score09 wrote:
And oh by the way, chuckles abound at the sophomoric emphasis placed on "Democrat." As if a distinction exists between a purchased-and-paid-for Democrat and a purchased-and-paid-for Republican. They're ALL purchased-and-paid-for.

Well, there is a difference. Democrats defend those who holds the Party Line. Like Harry Reid - nobody questions how he became so rich on so modest government salary. Or Charlie Rangel who seemingly can do whatever he wants, like cheat on taxes while at the same time being the chairman of the very committee that writes the tax code.

Quote:
score09 wrote:
How else, would a FOREIGN diplomat ever see his way into America's once most sacrosanct chamber in order to propagate a war against Iran in defiance of a sitting President and at the very same time receive no less than 25 standing ovations?

Allow me to quote Mr. Reagan: "It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so"

First, you think that Congress is "sancrosanct" and closed to foreigners. "Isn't so". Congress is not a Temple of Xenophobia. There is no article in the Constitution that would prohibit Congress to invite a foreign person to speak. And there isn't and there never was any tradition against foreigners talking to Congress. In fact, there is a long history of various foreign politicians talking to the US Congress. Like King of Hawaii Kalakaua, French Ambassador de La Boulaye, Cuban Ambassador Guillermo Belt, Churchill, Mandela, Rabin and it's not even the first time when Netanyahu speeks there. He already did in 1996 and 2011.

Second, you believe that the Congress is somehow subservient to the President and is obliged not to "defy" him. It's also "isn't so". Congress is a separate branch of power and it does what it pleases as long it's within the power given to it by the People.

Posted on: 2015/4/3 4:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Just admit it, you've got nothing, lol.

Can we get back to yet another NJ Senator getting indicted-the last being another Democrat, Harrison Williams. And we almost should count the Torch, who withdrew his re-election campaign when it was apparent he'd be indicted. Quite the rogues gallery!

That's just half of it. Look at all the people here who are now all aflutter with "oh, if Menendez is corrupt, good riddance!" Do you really think this was the first time they learned he may be corrupt? Yeah. Me neither. Him, or Torch, or any other guy, they all knew it from the beginning. And yet they voted for them.

Posted on: 2015/4/3 4:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/18 1:42
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Obviously the comment of a very impressionable person, lol.

A Democrat CLOSELY associated with who...? Wonder what its motivation for such a call could be, lol. Perhaps it is in full out damage control mode now? The least objective news source you could site given its overt, documented and well-known bias.

And oh by the way, chuckles abound at the sophomoric emphasis placed on "Democrat." As if a distinction exists between a purchased-and-paid-for Democrat and a purchased-and-paid-for Republican. They're ALL purchased-and-paid-for. How else, would a FOREIGN diplomat ever see his way into America's once most sacrosanct chamber in order to propagate a war against Iran in defiance of a sitting President and at the very same time receive no less than 25 standing ovations?

Posted on: 2015/4/3 2:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/3 1:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Just admit it, you've got nothing, lol.

Can we get back to yet another NJ Senator getting indicted-the last being another Democrat, Harrison Williams. And we almost should count the Torch, who withdrew his re-election campaign when it was apparent he'd be indicted. Quite the rogues gallery!

Eye of the beholder as they say... just because you want to believe something, doesn?t make it true...

Quote:

neverleft wrote:
(surprised nj.com/SL even printed this piece)

N.J. Democrats who ripped Christie over George Washington Bridge give Menendez benefit of doubt

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... e_washi.html#incart_river

I?d ask why you were surprised but then I thought, he might be one of those people that believes in unicorns and some vast left wing media bias.

Posted on: 2015/4/2 19:50
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(surprised nj.com/SL even printed this piece)

N.J. Democrats who ripped Christie over George Washington Bridge give Menendez benefit of doubt

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... e_washi.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/4/2 19:28

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017