Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Lincoln Park - Bike / Jogger lanes
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/28 4:29
Group:
Registered Users
PacoYtaco - I agree - I'm sure even the knucklehead in the SUV wasn't *intending* to do the wrong thing. I feel like I'm a pretty attentive driver, and there have been times I've done things like this (made a mistake - but I haven't yelled at people about it!)

The county has created a wonderful new amenity - and there are signs - they just need to do a little more to make the necessary separation clear, to make it safe. Could be more of those white plastic pylons, or low concrete curbs - or some other manner of barrier - just at the points where cars are entering the roadway.

Posted on: 2015/3/30 2:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
In the drivers defense I too have made this err (when I last drove through Lincoln park a few years back it was two directions for cars.) There was no signage the day it happened to me, just angry joggers hitting my car with objects. This was many months ago but I am going to doubt that the signs have been added since. Sadly a lot of JC old timers didn't know about the traffic changes.

Posted on: 2015/3/30 0:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sully wrote:
the third, after a "playing chicken" near-miss, shouted "you're riding the wrong way!" out the window of his SUV.

Another example of the entitled, overly aggressive drivers in this town.

Glad to hear you didn't get into an accident with that asshat. I have had many run-ins with aggressive drivers while riding in JC, including been yelled at to get off the road (on multiple occasions), drivers pulling up to within a foot, or less, of my back wheel trying to intimidate me into getting "out of their way", and a deranged Arab who purposely tried to sideswipe me on Newark avenue, just east of JFK Blvd, because he didn't like my telling him to observe the rules of the road. Granted, I did so with some choice language, but his idea of getting even was to try and run me off the road with some massively aggressive actions. In any case, stay safe everyone. And, keep the rubber side down!

Posted on: 2015/3/29 22:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I love the new bike/jogger lanes in Lincoln Park, but think the county needs to better job with signage and separating the lanes to keep cars where they should be.

Over the course of an hour's ride this afternoon, I encountered no less than three cars driving the wrong direction (clockwise) around the loop, in the bike/jogger lanes. With my yelling & arm waving, two of the drivers seemed to realize their error; the third, after a "playing chicken" near-miss, shouted "you're riding the wrong way!" out the window of his SUV.

I'm not just complaining here - I'm going to contact Freeholder O'Dea and the Parks Dept. But wanted to give users of the park a heads-up, too: be alert, until the county can do a better job making the lanes safe for everyone.

Posted on: 2015/3/29 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sully wrote:
car traffic limited to one lane, in counter-clockwise direction).

When are they laying the road camber for Nascar?

Posted on: 2014/10/30 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Having worked with the Freeholder & County engineers on this since July 2013, I'm so glad to see this coming to fruition!! Enjoy! It took awhile to get it, but it should be great for all who use the park. And it will calm traffic in there, which was the other goal here.

Posted on: 2014/10/30 13:22

Lincoln Park - Bike / Jogger lanes
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I rode through Lincoln Park today, and was excited to see the planned improvements taking shape (2-way bike lane; joggers lane; car traffic limited to one lane, in counter-clockwise direction).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36993180@N06/15664370832/

here's the plan:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_citys_lincoln_park.html

Posted on: 2014/10/30 2:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact