Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 75 to 100 Teens Fight Today in Journal Square - JJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
They say there's no quota, but that's about right - they try to make it even

Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
"And I'm sure schoolwork isn't a priority for any of them."

This is hilarious - the valedictorians of both Academy I and McNair Academic the last 10 years have been mostly Asians.

In McNair isn't there supposed to be an equal amount of ethnic races ? Such as 25% of European, Asian, African, and Hispanics (non-Euro Spanish) ?

Posted on: 2015/3/29 20:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:

This is hilarious - the valedictorians of both Academy I and McNair Academic the last 10 years have been mostly Asians.

In McNair isn't there supposed to be an equal amount of ethnic races ? Such as 25% of European, Asian, African, and Hispanics (non-Euro Spanish) ?

Posted on: 2015/3/29 1:24
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
C'mon, just kids being kids. All 100 of them trying to off each other. I'm just shocked we haven't seen dozens of cell phone videos of the cherubs playing around.

There must have been at least one person around who took a cellphone video of this, hope they put it up on YouTube.

Posted on: 2015/3/28 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
C'mon, just kids being kids. All 100 of them trying to off each other. I'm just shocked we haven't seen dozens of cell phone videos of the cherubs playing around.

Posted on: 2015/3/28 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
JCman8 - I just don't understand your post about these kids being Asian. Do you know for a fact that they are? And which kind of Asian?

I agree with you about certain types of kids that will end up in prison. I think I've raised my children well and pretty sure they're not ending up being incarcerated. I also agree that not everyone should have children.

I'll tell you something funny, back in the 80's my friends and I were considered to be the "unruly" kids in downtown JC.

Posted on: 2015/3/28 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Alex you can pretend as we all do that the problem is simply among "impoverished" communities and there's nothing else these incidents have in common, spanning across years in many different cities. Also only a fraction of the perpetrators were arrested.

I don't think anyone really knows what to do, but like I said a stubborn refusal to acknowledge even the basic facts by using your eyes is what prevents any real progress from being made. And why these things will continue to keep repeating.

The black Philadelphia mayor tried addressing the problem in the CNN link.

"Teens need to make better decisions. Parents need to step up and take care of their children. We, as a government, cannot raise people's children. You want to have children? You have to take care of them."

Too bad the only response was by a well meaning enabler, the columnist who ignored what he said and accused him of whipping the black community. So everyone continues to ignore the problem.

It's a shame because I'm sure I'm right and most of these "teens" will be in prison in a couple years.

Posted on: 2015/3/28 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BergenHill wrote:
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
"Hands Up - Don't Shoot!!". Oh no, that only applies when law enforcement is trying to do their job, otherwise it's OK to beat the S out of each other and act like animals.

oh geez. who's showing righteous indignation now.

You are replying to another poster.

Posted on: 2015/3/28 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/28 21:17

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/3 19:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
"Hands Up - Don't Shoot!!". Oh no, that only applies when law enforcement is trying to do their job, otherwise it's OK to beat the S out of each other and act like animals.

oh geez. who's showing righteous indignation now.

Posted on: 2015/3/28 20:57

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Honestly I have no clue what the solution is but I know the first step in conquering a problem is acknowledgment it exists.

I expected as much. Perhaps if monroe were here, he could think for you but, I digress.

It's not clear exactly what problem is not being acknowledged. Is it that impoverished areas tend to have higher rates of petty crime?

And by the way, I went to school in an affluent, predominately white and asian suburb and my school had similar episodes.

Quote:

And we cannot even do that. Instead, we have people like you fueled by righteous indignation who like to "call a spade a spade," when you actually are doing nothing of the sort.

What I was implying is there's a major societal problem when 75-100 "teenagers" fight in broad daylight and we are supposed to ignore it, act like it's nothing, or act like there is some innocuous cause behind it. Literally ANYTHING except blame those responsible.

Who's ignoring it? From what I gather in the article, the perpetrators were arrested. Ahh, but that's not what you're pusillanimously hinting at.

Quote:

And this has been literally going on for years, see this article from Philadelphia in 2011.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/09/p ... ew/index.html?_s=PM:CRIME

In fact, that CNN article shows exactly why nothing gets fixed. You have a black mayor who is only able to somewhat frankly speak about the issue because he is black. And look what the reaction was:

"A Philadelphia Inquirer columnist, Annette John-Hall, called Nutter's church sermon a "good old-fashioned whipping" of the black community. She likes his tough stance on crime, but at the same time, she was disturbed by his remark at the church about race.

"There, he said it. In a way that his white constituents would hear him loud and clear. At that point, he wasn't talking to black people anymore," she wrote. "

So it continues. Here are more "teen" mob attacks in Chicago. You can see the video.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/ ... n-the-Loop-200755191.html

There we go. What you didn't have the conviction to say is more explicitly stated by the articles you've linked to: It's the black community that you're afraid of.

So in summary, if I read between the not so subtle lines, the point of your original post was: that black community is a problem; I'm not sure what to do about; Thus I'll jump from thread to thread and race bait at every opportunity (because that's constructive).

Quote:

But I suppose it's easier to reserve your vitriol for the "racists" who post on Internet message boards without even mentioning race. Let's get them, that way we feel better about ourselves and like we are addressing the problem!

I can't think of anyone better to reserve my vitriol for. And you never addressed what you meant by, "... Asian youths, I'm sure."

Posted on: 2015/3/28 20:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/28 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BergenHill wrote:
Quote:

Not really. Far leftists have attempted to redefine the word. In a repeat of the Red Scare, the word has been broadened to include nearly anything, and accusations are thrown around like candy.

Anyway, I didn't mention a particular race and if you filled in the blanks you may be the "racist." Although this misses the point. No one is forcing these "teenagers" to be such degenerates and they're only hurting each other. And I'm sure schoolwork isn't a priority for any of them.

Cut the crap. Don't run for cover now that someone called a spade a spade. You might as well admit what you are. After all you have the anonymity of the internet to hide behind.

If you weren't trying to race bait, then what were you implying with your "Asian Youths" comment?

Quote:

Since people are petrified to actually address the problem, in part due to the 21st century Red Scare, we do nothing, and most of these teenagers will end up in prison in several years. So it goes

Out of morbid curiosity, what is your solution? What is it we should be doing and are not?

Honestly I have no clue what the solution is but I know the first step in conquering a problem is acknowledgment it exists. And we cannot even do that. Instead, we have people like you fueled by righteous indignation who like to "call a spade a spade," when you actually are doing nothing of the sort.

What I was implying is there's a major societal problem when 75-100 "teenagers" fight in broad daylight and we are supposed to ignore it, act like it's nothing, or act like there is some innocuous cause behind it. Literally ANYTHING except blame those responsible.

And this has been literally going on for years, see this article from Philadelphia in 2011.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/09/p ... ew/index.html?_s=PM:CRIME

In fact, that CNN article shows exactly why nothing gets fixed. You have a black mayor who is only able to somewhat frankly speak about the issue because he is black. And look what the reaction was:

"A Philadelphia Inquirer columnist, Annette John-Hall, called Nutter's church sermon a "good old-fashioned whipping" of the black community. She likes his tough stance on crime, but at the same time, she was disturbed by his remark at the church about race.

"There, he said it. In a way that his white constituents would hear him loud and clear. At that point, he wasn't talking to black people anymore," she wrote. "

So it continues. Here are more "teen" mob attacks in Chicago. You can see the video.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/ ... n-the-Loop-200755191.html

But I suppose it's easier to reserve your vitriol for the "racists" who post on Internet message boards without even mentioning race. Let's get them, that way we feel better about ourselves and like we are addressing the problem!

Posted on: 2015/3/28 18:55

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Not really. Far leftists have attempted to redefine the word. In a repeat of the Red Scare, the word has been broadened to include nearly anything, and accusations are thrown around like candy.

Anyway, I didn't mention a particular race and if you filled in the blanks you may be the "racist." Although this misses the point. No one is forcing these "teenagers" to be such degenerates and they're only hurting each other. And I'm sure schoolwork isn't a priority for any of them.

Cut the crap. Don't run for cover now that someone called a spade a spade. You might as well admit what you are. After all you have the anonymity of the internet to hide behind.

If you weren't trying to race bait, then what were you implying with your "Asian Youths" comment?

Quote:

Since people are petrified to actually address the problem, in part due to the 21st century Red Scare, we do nothing, and most of these teenagers will end up in prison in several years. So it goes

Out of morbid curiosity, what is your solution? What is it we should be doing and are not?

Posted on: 2015/3/28 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BergenHill wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
I wonder what these "teens" looked like? Unruly Asian youths I'm sure.

Lol...

You know you're a racist, right?

Since people are petrified to actually address the problem, in part due to the 21st century Red Scare, we do nothing, and most of these teenagers will end up in prison in several years. So it goes.

Posted on: 2015/3/28 17:40

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Lol...

You know you're a racist, right?

Posted on: 2015/3/28 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/28 4:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
What a perfect location to build a brand new 53-story luxury apartment tower! Maybe the street brawls can be pitched as a neighborhood amenity that the yuppies and hipsters can partake in.

Posted on: 2015/3/28 3:54

75 to 100 Teens Fight Today in Journal Square - JJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
(#JCMakeItYours)

3 charged after 75 to 100 teens involved in scuffle on Jersey City street

By Ron Zeitlinger | The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on March 27, 2015 at 7:30 PM, updated March 27, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Three teens were arrested today in the Journal Square section of Jersey City by Hudson County sheriff's officers on their way to the county courthouse on Newark Avenue, authorities said.

The sheriff's officers had dropped a prisoner off at the Hudson County jail in Kearny and turned onto Pavonia Avenue when they saw 75 to 100 teens "in a scuffle" outside the McLaughlin Funeral Home at about 3:30 p.m., Hudson County Sheriff's Office spokesman Mike Makarski said.

More - Oye

Posted on: 2015/3/27 23:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017