Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 3/9/15: FIX potholes on Grand between State and Fairmount ASAP!!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ProdigalSon wrote:
Does JC reimburse you for damage to your car from a pot hole like NYC? I hit a doozy early yesterday evening between 10th and 11th on Monmouth. The poor guy behind me must have followed my swerve and hit the exact same one because we both had blow outs. Be careful over there!

Yes, they do. It is an office in City Hall. I don't have the details with me, but I know from personal experience that they will re-imburse you for damage from a pothole. You will need to bring proof (including a picture of the pothole that shows the street location) and you bring that and fill out some paperwork, and a week later you go back to pick up your check.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/14 15:34
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Does JC reimburse you for damage to your car from a pot hole like NYC? I hit a doozy early yesterday evening between 10th and 11th on Monmouth. The poor guy behind me must have followed my swerve and hit the exact same one because we both had blow outs. Be careful over there!

Posted on: 2015/3/17 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Frankly MDM, I'm a little disappointed in you. I thought you were sharper than to have low profiles in JC! They belongs back in LA where the roads don't freeze.

They came standard with my hatchback. I guess people like the look of them. When things get really bad snow and pothole wise, I just drive the truck. Though I hate having to squeeze it into parking space.

Posted on: 2015/3/12 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MDM wrote:
So far this year I have managed to NOT wreck one of my car tires.. which is a miracle. Low profile tires don't handle tank trap size potholes that well.

It has been more than just the streets. As the snow piles melt, exposing more of my sidewalk, I have noticed 'thrust like' damage that you would normally see from an earthquake.

The frost heave damage has been mighty impressive this year. I shall be busy with bags of concrete and top n bond once the weather permits.

My driveway gate started scraping the cement a few weeks ago, took me a while to figure out it wasn't the gate that shifted! Damn. Popped it off it's pins and threw on a 1/4" washers and all was well.

Frankly MDM, I'm a little disappointed in you. I thought you were sharper than to have low profiles in JC! They belongs back in LA where the roads don't freeze.

Posted on: 2015/3/12 3:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City launches comprehensive pothole repair program

By Matthew Speiser | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal
on March 11, 2015 at  6:37 PM

JERSEY CITY -- As the last of this winter's snow and ice melt off the streets, city officials are making it a priority to repair the roads for the sunny days ahead.

Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop yesterday announced an "aggressive inter-agency pothole plan" that will triple the number of crews fixing potholes around the city and utilize technology to map the locations of pothole repairs.

"Our approach to potholes is both aggressive and smart," said Fulop. "We are tripling the personnel assigned to repairs and leveraging technology so we can eliminate potholes quickly and efficiently across all wards." 

Six crews made up of personnel from the Department of Public Works, the Jersey City Incinerator Authority (JCIA) and the Jersey City Municipal Utilities Authority (JCMUA) will be working across the city simultaneously. A seventh crew will be assigned to respond to pothole complaints received through the city's Resident Response Center (RRC).  

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... nsive_pothole_repair.html

Posted on: 2015/3/11 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
They're definitely at it. There's a patch up crew fixing the one in front of my house on Kennedy blvd. It's good to see.

Posted on: 2015/3/11 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Hallelujah!

3/11/15: The monstrous potholes along Grand are fixed.

Great job.

Report any pot holes you see?err hit to the JC Resident Response Center (RRC).

Resident Response Center (RRC)

->Make a Request -> Pothole

That's some great news! I'll cautiously be testing it tonight...

Posted on: 2015/3/11 14:03
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Hallelujah!

3/11/15: The monstrous potholes along Grand are fixed.

Great job.

Report any pot holes you see?err hit to the JC Resident Response Center (RRC).

Resident Response Center (RRC)

->Make a Request -> Pothole

Posted on: 2015/3/11 13:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

Do you need a permit for sidewalk work, or can I just start patching?

For patching.. no I don't think so. I do see permits for people who replace their entire sidewalk.. sometimes.

A guy down the street from me replaced his sidewalks with pavers a few years ago. He did a nice job. Though I noticed it looks like a series of frost heaves now. This winter took a toll on his work..

Posted on: 2015/3/10 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
JC_rider:
Quote:
Now I have to leave many extra car lengths before changing lanes and after making sure not cutting off someone

Congratulations you are finally driving the way you should have been all along!

Robin.

Posted on: 2015/3/10 16:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Grand Ave going east is brutally awful. I don't even bother driving in the right lane when going down the street. Heck, I even warn my Uber drivers to stay in the left lane.

Yes it is a dangerous situation and has been like that most of the winter. As of this morning 3/10 still about 6 or more deep pot holes not filled. That right lane between State St and Fairmount Ave. should be shut down until they are fixed. As you know the 4 lanes on Grand.. two in each direction are very narrow not much room to avoid the holes.

Posted on: 2015/3/10 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Grand Ave going east is brutally awful. I don't even bother driving in the right lane when going down the street. Heck, I even warn my Uber drivers to stay in the left lane.

Posted on: 2015/3/10 14:01
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
It's sure great to pay the highest taxes in the nation (certainly top 5) and see the results of all this money!

Posted on: 2015/3/10 4:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/18 2:46
Group:
Registered Users
I changed my sitting position (seat raised high all the way up, normally I like to sit as low as possible) and also driving style due to potholes. I leave more distance between the car in front of me so that I can dodge them better. Worst are on the highway where they are between 2 lanes and you look at your side mirror while changing lanes. Lost 2 tires like that past few years. Now I have to leave many extra car lengths before changing lanes and after making sure not cutting off someone and then look ahead between lanes for potholes. Driving has become more defensive due to these suckers.

Posted on: 2015/3/10 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
So far this year I have managed to NOT wreck one of my car tires.. which is a miracle. Low profile tires don't handle tank trap size potholes that well.

It has been more than just the streets. As the snow piles melt, exposing more of my sidewalk, I have noticed 'thrust like' damage that you would normally see from an earthquake.

The frost heave damage has been mighty impressive this year. I shall be busy with bags of concrete and top n bond once the weather permits.

Do you need a permit for sidewalk work, or can I just start patching?

Posted on: 2015/3/10 2:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Oh yeah. Had the pleasure of driving through these monsters on my way to JCMC. Good thing I was nearing a red light so I could inch my way over them. The way everyone was zipping by at 50 mph, it could have been worse. It's definitely a tragedy waiting to happen.

Posted on: 2015/3/10 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City pledges to start filling potholes tomorrow

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal
on March 09, 2015 at  7:20 PM

JERSEY CITY -- Now that temperatures are inching up, Jersey City officials are pledging they will start fixing the potholes that have been accumulating on city streets all winter.

Mark Redfield, the city Department of Public Works chief, told City Council members at their caucus today that starting tomorrow, the DPW will have one pothole-repair crew in each of its six wards and one roving crew to address complaints filed with the city Resident Response Center.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... illing_potholes_tomo.html

Posted on: 2015/3/10 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/9 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Posted on the Mayor's Facebook page:

Steven Fulop
March 7 at 11:33am ?
As the weather turns. I wanted to share with you the pothole plan. I hope you realize that we are constantly looking to improve as this year snow removal was better than last because we learned and this year pothole correction will be better as well.
Here is the pot hole plan:
This operation will begin Tuesday 3-10-15 at 10:00 AM, and continue until every pot hole is temporarily filled. All pot holes will be mapped and digitized over two weeks so April 1st we can revisit with our hot tar trucks and properly fill will hot tar. ( Plants are not open for hot tar yet) This last week in preparation we have been meeting with various agencies so Jersey City eliminates these pot holes.
? 7 pot hole trucks in operation making repairs : 3 DPW trucks, 2 MUA Trucks, 2 JCIA trucks,
? Ward by Ward approach, each Ward has a truck making repairs, 6 Wards, 6 trucks, the 7th truck will work on complaints. The Ward trucks will work on main streets, first, then secondary roads
? Hudson County, We have spoken with county Pot Hole supervisor and I plan on having County roads in Jersey City start being repaired this week
? DOT, We have spoken to State Crews and have work orders in for this Tuesday and Wed for all State DOT roads, tonnele Ave, 1 and 9 for this Tuesday and Wed
? NJTPK we have spoken to NJ TPK, and they are making all repairs on TPK roads this Tues and Wed
? DPW hot tar trucks, all DPW trucks are now in operation, repairs made to two trucks
? Tampers obtained, tools and cold patch ordered.
? Mapping, all pot hole repairs will be mapped, all RRC complaints will be imputed with attachments,
? Will revisit every repair within 6o days and remove cold patch and properly repair with hot tar.
This plan, and joint effort will result in quick repairs, and the citizens of Jersey City in all Wards will see our hard working teams in actions.

Posted on: 2015/3/9 17:03

3/9/15: FIX potholes on Grand between State and Fairmount ASAP!!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
The pot holes have been bad all winter along Grand going toward DT between State Street and Fairmount Avenue. Today Monday 3/9 they are unbelievable. There are about 5 or 6 with two of them being 2 feet deep. Drivers are stopping short and cutting over to avoid them forcing cars in the next lane almost into oncoming traffic.

There was a accident two weeks ago on a Friday because of drivers stopping short.

How can city vehicles (cops, fire, DPW) drive down Grand and not report the situation to have it corrected immediately? There are hundreds of cars driving down Grand in the mornings. I have been driving JC forever and never came upon such a dangerous situation.

PS - yes they were reported on the JC web site.

Posted on: 2015/3/9 16:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017