Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Emergency Preparedness Survey

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/9 15:37
Group:
Registered Users
I just took the survey, and I commend you for doing this. During Sandy, it seemed like Jersey City police and FEMA were stretched thin. I'm sorry, but I think you're a fool if you rely 100% solely on the city and state once an emergency happens. They can only do so much, especially when there are people doing foolish things during those emergencies.

And to say that "everyone knows you need dried / canned food, water, candles, batteries, and for the real preppers lots of bullets." is pretty foolish too. Think of how many people during Sandy who had warning to stock up but still ran out of food, water, candles and batteries after 3 days. Then, they had to run out to Stop & Shop and Shoprite only to find that they hadn't restocked. If you were smart, you had cash on hand so you can buy stuff from the bodegas and neighbors (maybe). People around here were given ample warning, yet they weren't ready for Sandy whatsoever.

At least if this study works out for you kuyacarlo, you might have solid proof that JC isn't emergency-prepared despite recent emergencies like Sandy and 911. Good luck with your survey! I'll pass it on to my neighbor.

Posted on: 2015/3/9 14:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/6 15:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I answered the survey. But honestly - emergency preparedness in JC is a bit of a joke.

Ater Sandy, all I saw of FEMA - was them stopping by for photo shoots handing out a little free water and pizza.

No mention in the survey of alternate accommodation. Food supply. Power sources. Water. FEMA is a waste of money. If individuals have to look out for themselves - make that clear....

Thank you for taking the survey. It is the honest opinions of people living in JC that I am looking for. If the public believes that the government is not equipped to protect them in the event of an emergency than the public must be prepared to fend for themselves.

Posted on: 2015/3/6 15:39

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bjay wrote:
Good luck with the survey.

2 years seems not a useful cutoff for the questions about CPR and first-aid training. It may have been more interesting to ask whether the person has EVER had CPR and first aid training, and then follow up with whether it was within the past 2 years. Then you would have a better view of how many people know the basics, but also whether they have refreshed recently.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was concerned with CPR certifications expiring.

Posted on: 2015/3/6 15:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/14 12:53
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Ridiculous survey, everyone knows you need dried / canned food, water, candles, batteries, and for the real preppers lots of bullets.

Posted on: 2015/3/6 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
I answered the survey. But honestly - emergency preparedness in JC is a bit of a joke.

Ater Sandy, all I saw of FEMA - was them stopping by for photo shoots handing out a little free water and pizza.

No mention in the survey of alternate accommodation. Food supply. Power sources. Water. FEMA is a waste of money. If individuals have to look out for themselves - make that clear....

Posted on: 2015/3/6 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
Good luck with the survey.

2 years seems not a useful cutoff for the questions about CPR and first-aid training. It may have been more interesting to ask whether the person has EVER had CPR and first aid training, and then follow up with whether it was within the past 2 years. Then you would have a better view of how many people know the basics, but also whether they have refreshed recently.

Posted on: 2015/3/5 22:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The snow continues to fall and New Jersey is in a state of emergency. Is Jersey City prepared? Help me find out. Take this survey and help me make Jersey City better.

http://goo.gl/forms/jMhiKv6Rvo

Thank you to those of you who have participated in the survey. Spread the word. With your help we can hopefully make some change.

Posted on: 2015/3/5 21:40

Jersey City Emergency Preparedness Survey

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Everyone,

I am a graduate student at NJCU. I am doing a study on the level of emergency preparedness in Jersey City. My hope in this study is to find areas of improvement in how Jersey City citizens prepare for emergencies and disasters.

We all know how quickly a disaster can strike in this area. Even as the snow falls over the area, the reality is that being prepared is key to successfully navigating any disaster. I have developed a survey to collect the views of the people living in this city when it comes to preparing for disasters.

Please help me help our city be better prepared for the future. The survey will only take 10 minutes and is completely confidential. Together we can make a difference.

Here is the link to the survey.
http://goo.gl/forms/jMhiKv6Rvo

The survey is open to all Jersey City residents, 18 years of age and older. Thank you for your participation.

Posted on: 2015/3/5 19:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017