Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Sires votes in favor of Keystone oil pipeline
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 22:25
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Refreshing to see a politician (from either) party willing do not blindly vote for or against certain legislation just because there is peer pressure from the rest of their party....

Posted on: 2015/3/5 2:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Manhattan is an island and their fuel supplies have to come in from some where - Why screw up upstate NY when NJ has always been the sucker for their needs - Just throw some campaign money to the Governor and Mayor's directly affected and it will be ok?

Posted on: 2015/3/4 21:02
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Heads up Folks

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/5 5:46
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
For almost a year now I have been following and receiving Newsletters from Congressman Albio Sires. Unfortunately Congressman Sires seems to be doing a job that stays safely at the edges of Congressional work. I only hope that in the next election cycle involving this Congressman the people of Hudson County get a REAL choice for Representation in Washington.
It appears that the Tax Payers/Voters are financing a nice life style for the Congressman in Washington. Doesn't look like the Voters are getting much commitment in return.

Posted on: 2015/3/4 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/19 13:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
And guess who is against XL.... but also owns the railroad used to transport oil.... Obama's favorite crony capitalist, a true 1% of the people, Warren Buffet. He brought the RR about 6 years ago; right when this controversy started.

Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:

Does the congressman (or his spokesperson) not realize that Canada is not part of the U.S.? I knew he wasn't the sharpest guy in DC, but....????

The pipeline crosses Montana and the Dakotas and will be available to carry oil from the Bakken formation.

All this oil is already being shipped. It is just coming by train. The railroads love the current arrangement. Farmers... not so much as the rails are being dominated by oil shipments making shipments of grain delayed and/or a lot more expensive.

Posted on: 2014/11/19 13:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Exactly. Keystone won't move new Bakken barrels, merely displace rail barrels (though the argument could be made that new production will find its way back to trains.)

But almost 99% of the crude shipped will be Canadian and there is nothing that prevents any of the crude shipped to the gulf coast from being exported - or exported once it is refined.

I happen to think the pipeline is a good idea - oil is fungible and exports will only occur if the domestic market is healthy. I object to people talking about things they don't really understand, especially when they are in positions of influence. People who have been fed industry-crafted talking points and lack the depth to adequately analyze and debate nuanced points. Or, in a nutshell, Albio Sires.

Could you clarify what the nuanced points that you mentioned are exactly?

How exactly did Mr. Sires show "lack the depth to adequately analyze and debate nuanced points"?

Posted on: 2014/11/19 13:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Exactly. Keystone won't move new Bakken barrels, merely displace rail barrels (though the argument could be made that new production will find its way back to trains.)

But almost 99% of the crude shipped will be Canadian and there is nothing that prevents any of the crude shipped to the gulf coast from being exported - or exported once it is refined.

I happen to think the pipeline is a good idea - oil is fungible and exports will only occur if the domestic market is healthy. I object to people talking about things they don't really understand, especially when they are in positions of influence. People who have been fed industry-crafted talking points and lack the depth to adequately analyze and debate nuanced points. Or, in a nutshell, Albio Sires.

Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:

Does the congressman (or his spokesperson) not realize that Canada is not part of the U.S.? I knew he wasn't the sharpest guy in DC, but....????

The pipeline crosses Montana and the Dakotas and will be available to carry oil from the Bakken formation.

All this oil is already being shipped. It is just coming by train. The railroads love the current arrangement. Farmers... not so much as the rails are being dominated by oil shipments making shipments of grain delayed and/or a lot more expensive.

Posted on: 2014/11/19 10:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/19 1:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

"Congressman Sires voted yes on the Keystone pipeline for two main purposes: the creation of thousands of American construction jobs and limiting our nation's dependence on foreign oil," said Sires spokeswoman Erica Daughtrey.

Posted on: 2014/11/19 1:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/4 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
That same reasoning was used with the spectra pipeline and any other pipeline proposal. Complete bs

Short term jobs not benefiting people that have to deal with living by a dirty dangerous timebomb and energy sold to China and Europe.

Posted on: 2014/11/19 0:29

Sires votes in favor of Keystone oil pipeline
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Sires votes in favor of Keystone oil pipeline

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
November 17, 2014 at 1:38 PM

A member of Hudson County's congressional delegation bucked his party on Friday by voting to approve the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline.

Rep. Albio Sires, D-08, was one of just 31 Democrats in the Republican-led House of Representatives to vote in favor of building the $8 billion project. The bill passed by a vote of 252 to 161, with every Republican voting in favor.

It was the ninth time the House has passed a bill supporting the pipeline, which needs the final approval of President Obama's administration.

"Congressman Sires voted yes on the Keystone pipeline for two main purposes: the creation of thousands of American construction jobs and limiting our nation's dependence on foreign oil," said Sires spokeswoman Erica Daughtrey.

Read more:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ipeline.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/11/18 3:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017