Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 49 school trailers in use at Jersey City Public Schools
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Its not rocket science - If you increase housing via gentrification and build multi level, inner city, high density apartments it will increase the student population as well - Our city planners and previous Mayors are all guilty of being puppets for developers. It makes sense when there is a low voting turn-out, because your vote counts for nothing when city administrators via the Mayor, do only what and for, the ones that put campaign money in their pockets.

The City planners and municipal government have little to no control over the budget for school buildings. Even the school board's hands are tied by the state - funding is handled by the NJSDA. Blame lies at the state level - and the state budget is an increasing mess. Kids being taught out of trailers, and JCMC funding cuts will continue while the state has not enough revenue to fund obligations like public pensions and debt servicing.

Given the fragmented way public education is funded and managed, it's not far from being rocket science.

http://www.njsda.gov/Schools/schools/ ... sults.asp?districtid=2390

Posted on: 2015/3/1 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Its not rocket science - If you increase housing via gentrification and build multi level, inner city, high density apartments it will increase the student population as well - Our city planners and previous Mayors are all guilty of being puppets for developers. It makes sense when there is a low voting turn-out, because your vote counts for nothing when city administrators via the Mayor, do only what and for, the ones that put campaign money in their pockets.

Posted on: 2015/3/1 22:34
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
New elementary school being built next to the Reservoir between Central and Summit. I wonder how this added capacity will affect the reliance trailers.

Posted on: 2015/3/1 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Perhaps eminent domain or use vacant buildings or lots to house the classes.

There isn't too much vacant up by me. Closest thing I can think of is a small lot on Rt 139. Lots of tear-downs and new construction going on though.

Posted on: 2015/3/1 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Perhaps eminent domain or use vacant buildings or lots to house the classes.

Posted on: 2015/3/1 15:25
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe the school system should call these guys and see if they have any good deals?

http://youtu.be/q-RLqLx1iYI

Posted on: 2015/3/1 14:52

49 school trailers in use at Jersey City Public Schools
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

49 school trailers in use Fixing them could cost as much as $3.6 million

by      Al Sullivan Reporter staff writer                                         
Mar 01, 2015

With trailers housing classrooms at nearly every school in the district, the Jersey City Board of Education is reviewing its options for replacing or doing away with those that are in the worst shape.

The district has 52 trailers, and 49 are used for classrooms. The district has evaluated its fleet, looking at their age and condition to determine how cost effective it will be to replace them.

During the Feb. 18 board meeting, District Business Administrator Luiggi Campana said estimates to repair or replace trailers across the entire district range from about $400,000 to $3.6 million.

The condition of the trailers varies, Campana said, with some of the older more robust trailers in better condition than newer ones. The draft document on the trailer evaluation is over 500 pages, he said.

Read more:  Hudson Reporter - 49 school trailers in use br font size 2 i Fixing them could cost as much as 3 6 million font i br

Posted on: 2015/3/1 6:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017