Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 78

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Hall Wedding
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1) how much flexibility there is to pick the date/time you want to get married? We know we want a late morning/afternoon on a Friday, preferably at City Hall because it is closer to our home.

Not positive how flexible they are but I work in City Hall frequently and most of the weddings I see there happen late morning/early afternoon on Fridays.

Quote:
2) How many guests are usually allowed to attend, including your witness? We are wanting to invite up to 6 close family members.

I've seen as many as 25 guests with weddings there, so I doubt six would be an issue. The weddings usually happen in the council chambers, which is huge.

Posted on: 2015/2/28 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/2/27 23:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Amp - Congratulations!

Yankee - Almost congratulations!

The Brennan Courthouse is such a gorgeous building. I'd much rather get married there than City Hall. There are so many pretty photo spots both inside and out.

Posted on: 2015/2/27 22:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/20 21:49
Group:
Registered Users
We recently got married at the Brennan Courthouse. When we got our license, they gave us a paper with three possible locations to have the ceremony and a contact phone number for each, and City Hall wasn't one of them. Curious as I'm pretty sure I've seen photos of others getting married there.

We went with the courthouse, and it was easy to get the day and time we wanted (a Thursday early afternoon). We called about three weeks in advance.

We had just our two witnesses with us, but there was another couple getting married afterward who had a whole huge crowd, so 6 people is definitely fine.

Posted on: 2015/2/27 22:34

Jersey City Hall Wedding

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/7 0:27
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I recently called the office of the City Clerk to inquire about weddings at the Municipal Court or City Hall but did not get a clear answer, other than that we could set a date when we got our wedding license. Does anyone know...

1) how much flexibility there is to pick the date/time you want to get married? We know we want a late morning/afternoon on a Friday, preferably at City Hall because it is closer to our home.

2) How many guests are usually allowed to attend, including your witness? We are wanting to invite up to 6 close family members.

Posted on: 2015/2/27 22:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017