Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fulop promises no tax increase in Jersey City budget
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Actually, it is true. Deficits have historically gotten larger under Republican administrations over the last 40 years.

Nixon
Ford
Reagon
Bush
Bush '43

All increased the rate of debt accumulation. And each succeeding Democratic administration pared them down, only to have them driven up again.

Posted on: 2015/2/26 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
It was in my head because an earlier poster used 'deficit' instead of debt. In any case, what you said was true, wasn't. Carry on.

Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I erred in saying 'deficit' instead of debt, but my point remains. Sommerman, do you not understand the difference between the national debt and the deficit?? I suppose not. Please look into that and get back to us.

Sorry, how foolish of me to read deficit and not know you meant debt.

Posted on: 2015/2/26 19:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I erred in saying 'deficit' instead of debt, but my point remains. Sommerman, do you not understand the difference between the national debt and the deficit?? I suppose not. Please look into that and get back to us.

Sorry, how foolish of me to read deficit and not know you meant debt.

Posted on: 2015/2/26 18:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
Lots of ground to make up from the $1.5BB rate of growth from Bush's last year. It's back down to a manageable level of growth at least.

Should we vote for more tax cuts to make it grow again? The 2009 budget was set in 2008 under President Bush, and was the highest in history. We are getting back to the point at which Clinton-era tax policy would bring us to a very low deficit.

Resized Image

As with the NJ pension mess, people seem to be standing around and assigning blame while watching the hole get bigger.

Posted on: 2015/2/26 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Did you forget Senator Obama calling Bush 'unpatriotic' for increasing the deficit-and he's since DOUBLED IT? Reality is calling, JClist-pay attention, lol.

Noting he meant debt, not deficit - historically, the national debt has always spiked during wars, depressions, and recessions; and the US is arguably still working it's way out of the Great Recession http://mikenormaneconomics.blogspot.c ... -term-interest-rates.html.

Now, since debt includes accumulated deficits, it probably will not go down - as a factor of the overall economy - like it did in the past, and the country probably has been economically knee-capped. I stand by Senator Sanders' comments 100%, and advise others to avoid drinking the 'kool-aid' being offered up by Republicans and conservatives as "reality".

Posted on: 2015/2/26 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Lots of ground to make up from the $1.5BB rate of growth from Bush's last year. It's back down to a manageable level of growth at least.

Should we vote for more tax cuts to make it grow again? The 2009 budget was set in 2008 under President Bush, and was the highest in history. We are getting back to the point at which Clinton-era tax policy would bring us to a very low deficit.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/2/26 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
National debt has nearly doubled under Obama.

http://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/

And
Resized Image

Year-on-year deficit has steadily reduced under Obama - but it's running at a higher average rate than any previous president. And Bush's numbers are arguably skewed by 2009 being attributed to him.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_deficit

Posted on: 2015/2/26 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/2/26 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Helloooo? Did you forget Senator Obama calling Bush 'unpatriotic' for increasing the deficit-and he's since DOUBLED IT? Reality is calling, JClist-pay attention, lol.

Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
"When Bill Clinton left office in 2001, this country had a $230 billion SURPLUS

When George W Bush left office in 2009, he left this country in a $1.3 TRILLION DEFICIT

This is what the deregulation of Wall Street, two unpaid-for wars and TAX BREAKS FOR THE RICH WILL DO"

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

No tax increases are good, tax abatements for business and developers are bad ... learn from others !

I wish the silent blue collar majority would start speaking up for whats best for them, instead of voting Republican...

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/s ... ut-national-deficit-half/

Posted on: 2015/2/26 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Helloooo? Did you forget Senator Obama calling Bush 'unpatriotic' for increasing the deficit-and he's since DOUBLED IT? Reality is calling, JClist-pay attention, lol.

Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

When George W Bush left office in 2009, he left this country in a $1.3 TRILLION DEFICIT

This is what the deregulation of Wall Street, two unpaid-for wars and TAX BREAKS FOR THE RICH WILL DO"

No tax increases are good, tax abatements for business and developers are bad ... learn from others !

I wish the silent blue collar majority would start speaking up for whats best for them, instead of voting Republican...

Posted on: 2015/2/26 12:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2015/2/26 2:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/2/23 21:07
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Street paving will be aggressive.

Preparation for winter storms this year has been touted as "aggressive."

Police response to the murder of Officer Santiago last summer was "aggressive."

The "Stop the Drop" anti-litter campaign was "aggressive."

The administration's efforts in enrolling people under the Affordable Care Act have been, wait for it, "aggressive."

Audits of existing tax abatements were "aggressive." (although not so much, lately.)

Expansion of partnerships in pursuit of a model prison-re-entry program have been... "aggressive."

The administration's focus on attracting jobs to Jersey City has been "aggressive!"

Pursuits of grants AND the completion schedule for Berry Lane Park were "AGGRESSIVE!!"

Jobs! Science! Aggressive!

Abandon Buildings? Aggressive!

Aggressive property sales.

Aggressive diversity!

Jersey City could have its own version of the "Hey Bob" game.

Posted on: 2015/2/23 20:03

Fulop promises no tax increase in Jersey City budget
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Fulop promises no tax increase in Jersey City budget

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal 
February 23, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Jersey City taxpayers won't get a tax cut or tax hike this year, with Mayor Steve Fulop announcing this morning that he will present the City Council with a budget that has a stable tax levy.

In a statement, Fulop said stable taxes will be possible thanks to an increase in property tax ratables, a boost in revenue from the city Municipal Utilities Authority, a jump in tax abatement revenue and more. The extra revenue will allow the city to pay for 50 new cops, 30 new firefighters and an "aggressive" street repaving program to begin this spring, he said.

"We are being smart and responsible with our taxpayer dollars and are planning for the future," Fulop said.

The budget announcement comes the day before Fulop is set to give his second state of the city address.

Last year, the Fulop administration presented the council with a budget that lowered taxes about 2 percent. This year's budget is worth $535 million, $19 million more than last year.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ty_budg.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/2/23 19:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017