Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: TelCo Lofts - 8 Erie Street

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/9 22:54
From Weehawhen
Group:
Registered Users
I guess some ppl can reach the 'retro-inspired' microwave then, lol.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 20:42

Re: TelCo Lofts - 8 Erie Street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Well, since this thread last saw some activity some 2 months ago, it seems like things have picked up for Telco Lofts. Their website is showing that 13 out of 16 units are leased. I still think it is an incredibly poor showing, but at least they are filling up.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 18:51

Re: Telco Loft on Erie

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Weehawhen
Group:
Registered Users
Lol...you guys are too funny He has the "special unit". The renter are just second class citizens in his mind.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bluejay_el wrote:
What? he didnt get the 'retro-inspired' kitchen appliances the rest of the units have??? lol

He's too short, he would never be able to reach the microwave.

Posted on: 2015/3/23 16:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/31 12:21
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
What? he didnt get the 'retro-inspired' kitchen appliances the rest of the units have??? lol

Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Anthony Carrino's big corner space in the building is featured in HGTV magazine.

http://www.hgtv.com/design/decorating ... rinos-dream-loft-pictures

two things:

HGTV has a magazine?

did anyone else know about the rooftop shipping container? he mentions in the article that the zoning commissioner laughed at him. what (or what amount) silenced the chuckles?

Posted on: 2015/3/23 14:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/18 2:12
From Beautiful Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/3/23 1:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Anthony Carrino's big corner space in the building is featured in HGTV magazine.

http://www.hgtv.com/design/decorating ... rinos-dream-loft-pictures

two things:

HGTV has a magazine?

did anyone else know about the rooftop shipping container? he mentions in the article that the zoning commissioner laughed at him. what (or what amount) silenced the chuckles?

Posted on: 2015/3/22 19:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Weehawhen
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I would say this place has problems. Already an angry tenant who posted a video regarding lack of building security:

http://youtu.be/xmJN_Hjn0Uk

Posted on: 2015/3/7 2:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Perhaps if Talde turned down its infamously pumping music it might attract more customers AND the Telco Lofts might enjoy more rental success.

While management consultants charge hundreds of thousands for pearls of wisdom like this, I gift it to the thread for free.

You're welcome JC.

Posted on: 2015/2/27 14:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/23 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
We are so far from the original point. There was trolling on this thread before and it has since been removed. It was really unnecessary anyway because a consensus will always speak loudest and it already had been formed before the trolling had begun. These places have not rented and there are a myriad of reasons why. I officially give no fugs about any of this and regret pointing out the initial trolling. I'm pretty sure is was "someone" whose "friend" lived in the other developement...... Blah blah blah BFD. get off my lawn.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

HamSandwichPark wrote:
I'm not sure you read my previous post. If you are not guilty then please assume no blame. You clearly have legit beef with these people and that is fine too. Quote:

fixjc wrote:
There are plenty of people who have legitimate issues with the carrino's. It is personal to former clients that they were forced to deal with this shitty business.

I never got a chance to see the deleted posts but it's not trolling if you're voicing your displeasure and warning others of their inability to perform quality work (e.g., a roof that streams, not leaks, water into a building after ~1 year.)

A person need not have a personal "beef" with something or someone to form an opinion of said thing or person. Heck, you don't even need to have a personal experience in relation to something or someone to be able to form an opinion or reach a conclusion. That's what facts, observing, studying, and learning allow you to do: I don't need to interact with a lion to know it can maul me to death, just like I don't need to drive a Ferrari to know it is fast and a superb engineering feat.

It is not trolling, or smearing, to point out that Telco Lofts has been a failure to date. In the incredibly hot real estate market that is DTJC, a 16-unit building that has only managed to sign leases for 2, or 4, units after being open for several months, and hosting open house events for at least 4 months, is a resounding disappointment. You can argue otherwise, or spin it all day, but the facts can not be denied.

Posted on: 2015/2/27 14:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamSandwichPark wrote:
I'm not sure you read my previous post. If you are not guilty then please assume no blame. You clearly have legit beef with these people and that is fine too. Quote:

fixjc wrote:
There are plenty of people who have legitimate issues with the carrino's. It is personal to former clients that they were forced to deal with this shitty business.

I never got a chance to see the deleted posts but it's not trolling if you're voicing your displeasure and warning others of their inability to perform quality work (e.g., a roof that streams, not leaks, water into a building after ~1 year.)

A person need not have a personal "beef" with something or someone to form an opinion of said thing or person. Heck, you don't even need to have a personal experience in relation to something or someone to be able to form an opinion or reach a conclusion. That's what facts, observing, studying, and learning allow you to do: I don't need to interact with a lion to know it can maul me to death, just like I don't need to drive a Ferrari to know it is fast and a superb engineering feat.

It is not trolling, or smearing, to point out that Telco Lofts has been a failure to date. In the incredibly hot real estate market that is DTJC, a 16-unit building that has only managed to sign leases for 2, or 4, units after being open for several months, and hosting open house events for at least 4 months, is a resounding disappointment. You can argue otherwise, or spin it all day, but the facts can not be denied.

Posted on: 2015/2/27 13:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/29 18:54
From Hoboken
Group:
Registered Users
My response wasn't directed towards you as much as the poster who can't get enough cowbell.

Posted on: 2015/2/27 2:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

fixjc wrote:

Posted on: 2015/2/27 1:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hoboken
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/2/27 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamSandwichPark wrote:

A portion of this thread was removed that contained a handful of 1st time posters who were clearly smearing this business. I imagine my original post was included with those removed. If you are not a part of a concerted effort to troll these people than I apologize for insinuating such. It's just a shitty thing to do to any business and sounds personal.

+1

Posted on: 2015/2/26 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
$4600 for a 2 bedroom above a loud bar. Good luck with that!

Posted on: 2015/2/26 1:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
I don't know anything about this business or the people but if a real estate building in DTJC - one of the hottest markets in the country - has barely leased to anyone months after opening, there must be a serious problem.

This, in a nutshell. How could a building in DTJC only be able to lease 4 apartments (or, is it two?) after FOUR months of Open House events??? That would seem like an impossible feat.

Posted on: 2015/2/26 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamSandwichPark wrote:
Quote:

fixjc wrote:
Quote:

HamSandwichPark wrote:
[quote]
fixjc wrote:
I lived in their place on 650 Montgomery - the place was a dump (e.g., leaking roof into most apartments, terrible HVAC design, terrible water pressure, inefficient layout) and what made it worse is that the family is a nightmare.

The website says that only 2 units are currently rented - one of those is to the kitchen cousin. The other lessee has already take to social media to complain about the shoddy workmanship (i.e., un-secured doors from the outside/restaurants, unsafe windows, cheap kitchen - designed by the kitchen cousins!).

There are so many better places with true amenities that you can rent in JC, it's obvious that people who know the area know better...

I have nothing to do with this building or its businesses but I do thoroughly enjoy a good JC-list long read. There seems to be some funny business going on on this thread. A few 1st time jclist-posters with negative things to say. Anti-shill. I mentioned earlier that it sounds like someone is butthurt with the owners. Seems fishy.

They're terrible builders and terrible people. I know this from experience. Just because I stumbled on this site and thread today doesn't make my opinion any less valid. I'm not teaming with anyone else to smear them; I'm stating my experience in dealing with these clowns.

A portion of this thread was removed that contained a handful of 1st time posters who were clearly smearing this business. I imagine my original post was included with those removed. If you are not a part of a concerted effort to troll these people than I apologize for insinuating such. It's just a shitty thing to do to any business and sounds personal.

I don't know anything about this business or the people but if a real estate building in DTJC - one of the hottest markets in the country - has barely leased to anyone months after opening, there must be a serious problem.

Posted on: 2015/2/25 23:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fixjc wrote:
Quote:

HamSandwichPark wrote:
[quote]
fixjc wrote:
I lived in their place on 650 Montgomery - the place was a dump (e.g., leaking roof into most apartments, terrible HVAC design, terrible water pressure, inefficient layout) and what made it worse is that the family is a nightmare.

The website says that only 2 units are currently rented - one of those is to the kitchen cousin. The other lessee has already take to social media to complain about the shoddy workmanship (i.e., un-secured doors from the outside/restaurants, unsafe windows, cheap kitchen - designed by the kitchen cousins!).

There are so many better places with true amenities that you can rent in JC, it's obvious that people who know the area know better...

I have nothing to do with this building or its businesses but I do thoroughly enjoy a good JC-list long read. There seems to be some funny business going on on this thread. A few 1st time jclist-posters with negative things to say. Anti-shill. I mentioned earlier that it sounds like someone is butthurt with the owners. Seems fishy.

They're terrible builders and terrible people. I know this from experience. Just because I stumbled on this site and thread today doesn't make my opinion any less valid. I'm not teaming with anyone else to smear them; I'm stating my experience in dealing with these clowns.

Posted on: 2015/2/25 23:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hoboken
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamSandwichPark wrote:
Quote:

fixjc wrote:

Also - where else have you commented on this thread?

Posted on: 2015/2/25 21:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fixjc wrote:

Posted on: 2015/2/25 21:14

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hoboken
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/2/25 19:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Clearly, somebody didn't do their homework.

Posted on: 2015/2/25 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
I heard the place is more than a quarter leased as of this weekend... seems like things are moving as they should.

ha ha ha! Quarter leased = 4 units have leased. After being opened for how long? 2 months?? Open House sessions started 4 months ago.

If that's what you mean by things are moving as they should, I pity all the new buildings coming into the market over the next year or two. Except that history tells us almost EVERY SINGLE ONE of the buildings that has opened their doors in the past year or two have been fully leased within months of opening.

Posted on: 2015/2/25 16:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder how noisy those apartments are now that Talde has opened. And just wait until they open those glass walls when the weather warms up.

Posted on: 2015/2/25 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I heard the place is more than a quarter leased as of this weekend... seems like things are moving as they should.

Posted on: 2015/2/25 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
the developers should gut those apartments and hire true professionals to come in and renovate the place properly.

also, what's with the electrical pole almost in the middle of the walkway on the side of the building? wtf were these people thinking when they left that there?

Posted on: 2015/2/18 2:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I also stopped by, I honestly think these will rent quickly. There is a market for this type of living. #roommates with ez train access.

Well, this definitely did not pan out.

Posted on: 2015/2/18 0:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I love the way people try to sell condos around DTJC. I remember stopping in the open house for the condos built on 5th and Jersey Ave and the realtors actually trying to deny that it had recently been a funeral home. "Oh no, it was a mansion." I was like "You must be new around here."

Posted on: 2015/2/17 22:19

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/9 20:32
From Hoboken NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I said it months ago how this place is a joke and overpriced and I was right. Months later, very few units have rented out.

Posted on: 2015/2/17 21:52

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017