Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Paolino A Witness to Three Decades of Development in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The southern part of Jersey City, the Greenville area, will take more economic incentives to get development going, and concludes that ?the easier things to build are what?s going to happen first,? citing McGinley Square, Journal Square, and areas around St. Peter?s University and New Jersey City University as most likely to build out first.

?I think there has to be intelligent governmental understanding of development in terms of the economic incentives that are available, there has to be a lot of cooperation between the city, state and developers,? he says. ?It has to be a business-friendly climate.?

Upscale luxury residential developments that are causing rents to spike, making Jersey City less affordable for long-time residents, do cause Paolino some concern. ?That?s always a hard thing to manage and navigate,? he says. ?I see the kind of development as being economically beneficial even for natives. People who have property here and whose property is being built around by developers, see their property values go up too. There is going to be a constant discussion between the community people, newcomers and new developers here. We have to keep the lines of dialogue open.?

More

Posted on: 2015/2/24 20:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017