Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 60 »

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
What the PATH means when they say "subject to a 15 minute delay" is that you can expect to arrive at the end of the line about 15 minutes later than you normally would.
I've asked.

Posted on: 2015/2/26 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ActionDan wrote:
OK so here's my question ... when the PATH announces a signal problem or whatever, they say the train is running with "15 minute delays."

What exactly does this mean? If the trains are scheduled to run in six-minute increments, if all trains are delayed 15 minutes are they still at six-minute increments?

Or does it mean that the increments become 15 minutes?

Or does it mean the trains are just mad slow

It generally means they're making up a number to let you know things are only slightly f'd up and you'll get there a bit late.

30 min = majorly f'd up and you're not getting home.

Posted on: 2015/2/26 14:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/4 14:44
Group:
Registered Users
OK so here's my question ... when the PATH announces a signal problem or whatever, they say the train is running with "15 minute delays."

What exactly does this mean? If the trains are scheduled to run in six-minute increments, if all trains are delayed 15 minutes are they still at six-minute increments?

Or does it mean that the increments become 15 minutes?

Or does it mean the trains are just mad slow

Posted on: 2015/2/26 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Due to a signal failure train service between NWK-WTC is operating with delays. 11pm on a Wednesday night. What exactly did they fix on this line for a year?

Posted on: 2015/2/26 4:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Two things: the WTC and EXP stops were closed down for signals along THOSE two lines, not where the Hackensack bridge runs, which is before Newark.

Secondly, there's another stairwell on the track 1 (Hoboken) platform in WTC at the very front end of the platform.

PS yes, it's an abysmally poorly designed station. How can you build a brand new station with no benches? And no AC, ever been down there in the summer? Hooooly is it warm down there.

Posted on: 2015/2/25 3:37

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/25 1:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
2. My train pulled into the track where the Hoboken trains normally pull into (the platform that's already finished with the white marble). I don't know if this is the normal circumstance, or if it's just not complete yet, but there was only ONE, very small staircase to get up the next level from the platform. It took forever for the hundreds of people to get up (the staircase is only about 2 people wide). Does anybody know if this is a permanent situation? It was really terrible, and considering the amount of money that was spent on this remodel, completely unacceptable.

I agree it is unacceptable. It is barely 2 people wide. On Sunday, I was trying to go down and people were coming up, and it was terrible.

I thought they needed more stairs and escalators. And it was hot in the summer.

It's beyond me that that entire platform hasn't been deemed a fire hazard. It's so difficult to get out

Posted on: 2015/2/25 1:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
2. My train pulled into the track where the Hoboken trains normally pull into (the platform that's already finished with the white marble). I don't know if this is the normal circumstance, or if it's just not complete yet, but there was only ONE, very small staircase to get up the next level from the platform. It took forever for the hundreds of people to get up (the staircase is only about 2 people wide). Does anybody know if this is a permanent situation? It was really terrible, and considering the amount of money that was spent on this remodel, completely unacceptable.

I agree it is unacceptable. It is barely 2 people wide. On Sunday, I was trying to go down and people were coming up, and it was terrible.

I thought they needed more stairs and escalators. And it was hot in the summer.

Posted on: 2015/2/25 0:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:
So why can't they just run trains from JSQ to WTC and back in the meantime?

Seriously. The Port Authority is so incompetent.

Posted on: 2015/2/24 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Some issues this morning with Path. It was "signal failure on Hackensack River Bridge", which caused delays in both directions on the NWK-WTC line. After this morning's commute, I have some concerns:

1. Wasn't the WTC line suspended on weekends for an entire year to remedy these types of failures on this line?

Re:2 Over the weekend it seemed like work was happening on the level above the normal WTC -> NWK platform. They may finally be laying some flooring or even beginning work on the actual platform.

Posted on: 2015/2/24 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
So why can't they just run trains from JSQ to WTC and back in the meantime?

Posted on: 2015/2/24 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Some issues this morning with Path. It was "signal failure on Hackensack River Bridge", which caused delays in both directions on the NWK-WTC line. After this morning's commute, I have some concerns:

1. Wasn't the WTC line suspended on weekends for an entire year to remedy these types of failures on this line?

For your first point, yes. I thought the purpose of the entire year's repairs was to fix the signal systems. Guess not.

The Hackensack River bridge is beyond obsolete, so these problems will continue/get worse. I think it MAY get replaced as part of the Amtrak upgrades, but that's years away. This is just one more example of the way that deferred infrastructure improvements will be the death of us.

Posted on: 2015/2/24 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

For your first point, yes. I thought the purpose of the entire year's repairs was to fix the signal systems. Guess not.

Posted on: 2015/2/24 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

Re#2, that's a temporary problem, the access will be much better when the entire station opens. Which will be...someday.

Posted on: 2015/2/24 16:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/2/24 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

There was no next train. Right after you got on your train to WTC, all train service on the 33rd St line was suspended. Also, starting at 10:00 train service on the WTC line was delayed for 15 minutes because of "signal problems" so you are lucky you got on when you did.

Trains were back to the normal schedule at 7 am stopping at JSQ.

Look at the date of my post which you are replying to.

Posted on: 2015/2/17 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

There was no next train. Right after you got on your train to WTC, all train service on the 33rd St line was suspended. Also, starting at 10:00 train service on the WTC line was delayed for 15 minutes because of "signal problems" so you are lucky you got on when you did.

Trains were back to the normal schedule at 7 am stopping at JSQ.

Posted on: 2015/2/17 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/18 3:56
Group:
Registered Users
Pretty sure the JSQ closure last night is the first time the PATH has run shuttle buses (even if it took them hours to get the system in place). Is this a new arrangement with another transit operator? Is there a chance they would run buses from, say, WTC-EXP in the event of an outage?

Posted on: 2015/2/17 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Amazingly enough, the Journal Square bypass was NOT announced at PATH stations this morning.

Perhaps it is amazing, but not surprising. Yesterday, they didn't even bother trying to announce (or, remind customers) that trains were running on a holiday schedule. Everyone was confused and the whole thing was a mess. After a while, and as people kept asking conductors about trains not arriving, some conductors started to yell out their windows "reminder: trains are running on a holiday schedule!"

The PATH tone deafness when it comes to customer service is truly incredible.

Posted on: 2015/2/17 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Amazingly enough, the Journal Square bypass was NOT announced at PATH stations this morning.

Posted on: 2015/2/17 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
I don't understand why that info has to scroll, when it should be up on the screen all the damn time.

Indeed. You can spend a couple of minutes waiting to see how many more minutes you need to wait for a train. And if an elevator is out of service in Hoboken, forget about it. Train times cease to be provided.

They should have it set up like your cable/fios channel guide, with the lower half of the screen containing 4-5 lines for the arrival times of the next 4-5 trains, with the current time in the upper-left corner and the NBC content in a box taking up the the upper-right corner. NBC would certainly want pay a lot less for shrinking their ads, and that's probably why this hasn't been done.

Who cares when your train comes? Here's a 10-minute repeating loop of ads for shows you'll never watch and word scrambles!

Posted on: 2015/2/17 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

UPDATE: PATH providing free bus service while trains bypass Journal Square

By The Jersey Journal

The Jersey Journal February 17, 2015 at  1:25 AM

The Port Authority is providing free bus service between Journal Square and Grove Street in Jersey City while trains continue to bypass the Square stop, the PATH Alerts website says.

The alert was posted at 12:30 a.m.:

"This is an update on the Journal Square station closure. Due to a water main break at Journal Square, all Path train service is bypassing the station. Passengers must get off at the Grove Street station and use free bus service from Grove-Journal Square. Free bus service is operating from B-1 bus platform at Journal Square. Path employees in red jackets are in place to guide you.''

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _service_while_train.html

Posted on: 2015/2/17 6:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Journal Square PATH station closed because of 'water condition'

By Patrick Villanova | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal 
February 16, 2015 at  9:32 PM

PATH trains are currently not stopping at the Journal Square station in Jersey City because of a "water condition" there, according to PATHAlerts.

Jersey City Public Safety spokeswoman said the city's fire department responded to Journal Square where a water pipe inside the building over the station froze and burst.

Posted on: 2015/2/17 2:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Just got a PATH alert that the Journal Square station is closed due to a "water condition" and trains will not stop there. FYI in case you have not yet returned home.

Posted on: 2015/2/17 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I don't understand why that info has to scroll, when it should be up on the screen all the damn time.

Quote:

SRhia wrote:
Oh come on - you're already stuck in the train station. Does it matter whether it's gonna come in the next 5 min, or 50 min, or tomorrow, or never???? jk... My take is that their priority is different than ours - well, that's pretty obvious, isn't it!?!?!?!?

However, I do agree it's illogical. I often wonder who picks what gets displayed in the train stations' TVs. They sometimes have the weirdest stuff on those TVs (when it's working)!

Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Does anybody know why the "Next Train Scheduled to..." updates do not usually appear on the monitors on the platform late at night? A) wouldn't you think it's simpler to provide schedules when it's super low frequency, and B) isn't the time of the next train more important than the NBC gossip updates that are published on the screens? Oy, Port Authority.

Posted on: 2015/1/19 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Oh come on - you're already stuck in the train station. Does it matter whether it's gonna come in the next 5 min, or 50 min, or tomorrow, or never???? jk... My take is that their priority is different than ours - well, that's pretty obvious, isn't it!?!?!?!?

However, I do agree it's illogical. I often wonder who picks what gets displayed in the train stations' TVs. They sometimes have the weirdest stuff on those TVs (when it's working)!

Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Does anybody know why the "Next Train Scheduled to..." updates do not usually appear on the monitors on the platform late at night? A) wouldn't you think it's simpler to provide schedules when it's super low frequency, and B) isn't the time of the next train more important than the NBC gossip updates that are published on the screens? Oy, Port Authority.

Posted on: 2015/1/19 4:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/18 7:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Frankly, when I saw how hard he went over the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission and the Delaware River Commission I figured he'd go after the PA after warming up on them. But reforming a group like the PA, which is so entrenched with EVERYONE, both parties, across state lines is akin to trying to make a U turn with an aircraft carrier. Hopefully some accountability will come out of this. Hopefully we can get construction costs under control without undue union cost excesses. Hopefully we can get greater citizen (and not Legislature) input.

Posted on: 2015/1/8 22:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I wanted him to sign onto the changes. He said they don't go far enough. I support the Legislature trying to override his veto, and hope the NY State Legislature does the same to Cuomo's veto as well.

But anyone who wants to make this a Christie deal is bonkers. Go back to the beginning of the PA, every Governor since its creation has done exactly the same thing, or worse.

Ok, that's fair. Frankly, I'm disappointed because during his campaigns, Christie pushed himself as the reformer. The former prosecutor who is all about rooting out corruption.

It's amazing how dramatically that narrative has been thrown out the window. Even you seem to be conceding he's just following the corrupt status quo, which of course is the exact opposite of reform.

Posted on: 2015/1/8 22:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I wanted him to sign onto the changes. He said they don't go far enough. I support the Legislature trying to override his veto, and hope the NY State Legislature does the same to Cuomo's veto as well.

But anyone who wants to make this a Christie deal is bonkers. Go back to the beginning of the PA, every Governor since its creation has done exactly the same thing, or worse.

No, isn't solely a Christie problem. The problem is that he's governor now. The state has a major cash crisis now. The PATH requires major upgrades now. Those other scumbags, D and R, screwed up and screwed us. But the sad excuse for a human that occupies the NJ Statehouse has made it infinitely worse because it is happening now when they can afford it the least.

Either he's correcting the problem or part of it. Since he's done buck all to correct it, he quite clearly is part of the problem.

When he is out of office and this state is in bigger shambles than when he entered and his presidential aspirations rightfully crash and burn, I'm sure his boy Samson will lock him into a sweetheart deal at his law firm.

Posted on: 2015/1/8 22:02
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/8 21:55

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 60 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017