Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Developer calls Jersey City mayor a liar, mayor's flack calls developer 'delusional'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
adjective
having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:
Hyman who thought he will get agreement on a plot of land from cityhall was delusional.
Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness:
Hyman was so delusional and paranoid that he thought cityhall was conspiring against him.

Posted on: 2015/2/16 20:50
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Developer calls Jersey City mayor a liar, mayor's flack calls developer 'delusional'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/4 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
Childish and a waste of everyone's time ?

Definitely

Posted on: 2015/2/16 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I view 'delusional" as a behavioral character trait where as 'liar' without evidence is slanderous, thus you are not a liar, but with your history of posts, delusional at times ... as is Hyman

Funny, I did not see Hyman as delusional but incredibly immature & manipulative. I had the misfortune of having Hyman & a companion sit next to me. Didn't realize it was Hyman at the time. They spoke & chuckled among them selves. No biggie. Then Hyman gets up, his friend, laughingly tells me to 'watch this' & Hyman goes into his performance. And that is just what it was. He was not up there seriously addressing an issue. He was there performing for an audience already slightly charged. Within minutes of this performance, Hyman & friend with smirks on their faces left. Delusional? No. A clever manipulator in a heated situation? Yes.

Posted on: 2015/2/16 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I view 'delusional" as a behavioral character trait where as 'liar' without evidence is slanderous, thus you are not a liar, but with your history of posts, delusional at times ... as is Hyman

Posted on: 2015/2/16 2:40
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Yvonne you're delusional

Resized Image

For some reason, I do not take your insults seriously and I would never insult you.

Posted on: 2015/2/16 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne you're delusional

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/2/16 0:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Actions speak louder than words. Just because you're a taxpayer doesn't exclude you from criticism and hymans actions warrant way harsher than that for the shenanigans he's been involved with.

Let's all grow up and grow thicker skin

Posted on: 2015/2/15 23:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Quote:

This reminds me of my teaching days, when some students use to cringe when their parents pick them up. I am referring to loud parents who for some reason had kind, quiet kids. The kids were embarrassed.

Picture it: PS 173, The Fresh Meadows School in the late 50s. I was taught by my teacher, Mrs. Hudes, that the only person who could embarrass me is me. She also taught us how to fold the NYTimes when reading on the subway so you didn't bother others. It was fourth grade.

So I guess your mother did not talk loud on her cell phone, wear tight clothes with everything exposed and throw her snack on the ground in front of the school? The society is becoming more crass and the language more embarrassing. Hyman is a taxpayer, he pays people salaries, he should not be called delusional.

Posted on: 2015/2/14 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

This reminds me of my teaching days, when some students use to cringe when their parents pick them up. I am referring to loud parents who for some reason had kind, quiet kids. The kids were embarrassed.

Picture it: PS 173, The Fresh Meadows School in the late 50s. I was taught by my teacher, Mrs. Hudes, that the only person who could embarrass me is me. She also taught us how to fold the NYTimes when reading on the subway so you didn't bother others. It was fourth grade.

Posted on: 2015/2/14 11:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Its jersey ! Pull no punches

After all that the city has put up with from Hyman, I think delusional is being polite.

Posted on: 2015/2/14 5:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Whether you like President Obama or not, I think everyone can say he will not embarrass the US with his speech nor will he allow someone in his staff to call someone delusional.

You have got to be kidding. He has been embarrassing this nation since the day he was elected. The most delusional person on his staff is him.

I really feel sorry for some jclist bloggers, it is obvious some of you were not taught manners. I am not referring to policy, I am referring to style.

Posted on: 2015/2/14 1:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Whether you like President Obama or not, I think everyone can say he will not embarrass the US with his speech nor will he allow someone in his staff to call someone delusional.

You have got to be kidding. He has been embarrassing this nation since the day he was elected. The most delusional person on his staff is him.

Posted on: 2015/2/14 0:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have remained friends with people I disagree with because I have never made personal attacks.

Gonna need a list of these "friends".

Posted on: 2015/2/14 0:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Whether you like President Obama or not, I think everyone can say he will not embarrass the US with his speech nor will he allow someone in his staff to call someone delusional. This has nothing to do with who is right or wrong. You can make your point without throwing personal attacks. I have remained friends with people I disagree with because I have never made personal attacks.

Posted on: 2015/2/13 22:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Is it a park ... no ?
Is there evidence it will not be a park ... no ?

Did Hyman make a derogatory public comments about the Mayor's honesty ... yes ?

Does Hyman have a vested interest in the land that's to his personal gain ... yes ?

Was the word 'delusional' to harsh a response or would it be better to sue for slanderous remarks made by Hyman ? Ignoring the remark by Hyman might suggest to some, some sort of truth behind the remark ... I think its best to also call out Hyman as 'delusional' - then again I'd say he was more a conspiracy theorist !

Posted on: 2015/2/13 21:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Well it certainly seems like Mayor Fulop is in formidable adversary if even he's opponents are resigned to him becoming the governor someday. :)

Posted on: 2015/2/13 20:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The city's response should have been, this is an ongoing case, no comment. It should not have called Hyman "delusional." That is an unprofessional response.
I do not pay tax dollars to have an municipal employee attack someone on a personal level.

Posted on: 2015/2/12 21:33

Developer calls Jersey City mayor a liar, mayor's flack calls developer 'delusional'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Developer calls Jersey City mayor a liar, mayor's flack calls developer 'delusional'

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal 
February 12, 2015 at 12:02 PM

JERSEY CITY -- Presenting the Battle of the Steves.

In this corner, Steve Fulop, elected Jersey City's mayor in May 2013. Challenging him is Steve Hyman, who has been in a decades-long legal battle with Jersey City over his attempts to develop the Sixth Street Embankment.

The two were friendly when Fulop was a councilman, but once Fulop was elected mayor and continued the city's attempts to seize the embankment, which Hyman purchased from Conrail in 2005, their friendship soured.

The personal dispute went public on Tuesday, when Hyman appeared in front of the City Council to allege that Fulop is lying when he says he wants to turn the embankment into a High Line-style park. Fulop wants to develop it, Hyman said.

"He will allow it to happen after he becomes governor, after he fails as mayor," he said. "It will happen because it just doesn't make any sense to let it sit there fallow."

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... mayor_of_lying_about.html

Posted on: 2015/2/12 17:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017