Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: First-time director to debut 'urban drama' filmed throughout Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Steven Rodas | For The Jersey Journal

Anthony Malachi has donned many hats in his career as an actor, and writer, but most recently he made the decision to saddle into the director's chair.

Malachi, who shot his new independent film "Interrogation Room 109" throughout parts of Jersey City, said he wrote the movie with a clear idea in mind.

"I feel some parts of Hudson, especially Jersey City are overrun by violence which is perpetuated by society, media (and) lack of education," said Malachi, who was born in Manhattan but grew up in the Bergen Lafayette section of Jersey City.

The film's title refers to the room where people accused of a crime are sent to under the legal process, a frequent setting during the independent film.

"I wrote '109' because there are a lot people who are living beyond their means and they end up putting themselves in extreme situations just to keep up with the Joneses," he added.

"Interrogation Room 109" follows Slice, a Jersey City drug dealer, determined to win back ex-girlfriend Sharon, who is currently in a relationship with G-low. The film takes a vivid look at street violence, blackmail, corrupt cops and murder, while working to expose the price that is sometimes paid for an "image," as Malachi puts it.

More

Locals will recognize some backdrops throughout the film, with scenes taking place in parts of Greenville, Bergen Lafayette, Lincoln Park, Bayside Park and near Journal Square.

Woohoo!!!! for Bayside Park! Its a stunning area.

Posted on: 2015/2/5 19:33

First-time director to debut 'urban drama' filmed throughout Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Steven Rodas | For The Jersey Journal

Anthony Malachi has donned many hats in his career as an actor, and writer, but most recently he made the decision to saddle into the director's chair.

Malachi, who shot his new independent film "Interrogation Room 109" throughout parts of Jersey City, said he wrote the movie with a clear idea in mind.

"I feel some parts of Hudson, especially Jersey City are overrun by violence which is perpetuated by society, media (and) lack of education," said Malachi, who was born in Manhattan but grew up in the Bergen Lafayette section of Jersey City.

The film's title refers to the room where people accused of a crime are sent to under the legal process, a frequent setting during the independent film.

"I wrote '109' because there are a lot people who are living beyond their means and they end up putting themselves in extreme situations just to keep up with the Joneses," he added.

"Interrogation Room 109" follows Slice, a Jersey City drug dealer, determined to win back ex-girlfriend Sharon, who is currently in a relationship with G-low. The film takes a vivid look at street violence, blackmail, corrupt cops and murder, while working to expose the price that is sometimes paid for an "image," as Malachi puts it.

More

Posted on: 2015/2/5 19:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017