Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Journal Square walkway to close for construction work
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
People use that walkway? Whenever I go by it I think, "oh, how convenient for the rapists".

That little walkway is fine. I don?t recall there ever being a crime committed in it. JSquare was and is one of the safest area?s JC. The walk way leads to the Square Ramp parking decks and a few nice blocks Magnolia and Pavonia avenues. A developer put up a nice modern looking apartment house on Magnolia a few years ago along with a new house. There are also some nice big old 2 family houses on Pavonia and beyond.

I will say the homeless up the Square are many. The thing that bugs me are the young middle eastern beggars on the sidewalks of the Square. Walking from Tonnelle to say the Loews I will run into 3 or 4. They don?t look homeless yet they are always asking for change.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
People use that walkway? Whenever I go by it I think, "oh, how convenient for the rapists".

Posted on: 2015/2/2 17:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
"Journal Square walkway to close for construction work"

too close?

Posted on: 2015/2/1 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Journal Square walkway to close for construction work

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
on January 30, 2015 at 5:31 PM, updated January 31, 2015 at 9:39 AM

JERSEY CITY -- A walkway that connects western Magnolia Avenue to Kennedy Boulevard in Journal Square will be closed for parts of four days next week.

The walkway, called Journal Square Concourse West, is heavily trafficked by pedestrians seeking an easier route from Journal Square to the neighborhood behind the Landmark Loew's Theatre. It will be off limits while the city Municipal Utilities Authority completes a water main project, which is to begin Monday.

Scott Harwood is steamed about the closure. Harwood, who owns a parking garage behind the Loew's, said his customers are "panicking" about not being able to use the walkway.

jj piece..

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ction_w.html#incart_river

JJ comments:
Quote:
Too funny that ?Harwood is steamed about the closure?. You would think they would give the city a break for 4 whole days.

As I recall the city more or less handed the Harwood?s the Square Ramp property to keep it away from Hartz Mountain who needed it for their Loews development project in the 80?s. It was part of the Loews redevelopment blighted land study. I think it was Mayor Cucci who took it off of the redevelopment plan and sold it to the Harwood?s which in turn put a wench in the Hartz Mountain project.

The Harwood?s were also more or less handed over the Hotel on the Square lot in the middle of Journal Square. The city hit the original property owners the Twail?s with 4 million dollars in building violation fines because the city wanted their land and couldn?t get it with eminent domain. After long court battles the Twail?s gave in and sold their property to the Harwood?s. As you can see the Harwood?s did NOTHING on the property in 10 years.

wow. i think neighbors should be willing to endure some short term pain for the longer term gain for the community. just imagine, survivors will have stories to tell their children and grandchildren

Posted on: 2015/1/31 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
on January 30, 2015 at 5:31 PM, updated January 31, 2015 at 9:39 AM

JERSEY CITY -- A walkway that connects western Magnolia Avenue to Kennedy Boulevard in Journal Square will be closed for parts of four days next week.

The walkway, called Journal Square Concourse West, is heavily trafficked by pedestrians seeking an easier route from Journal Square to the neighborhood behind the Landmark Loew's Theatre. It will be off limits while the city Municipal Utilities Authority completes a water main project, which is to begin Monday.

Scott Harwood is steamed about the closure. Harwood, who owns a parking garage behind the Loew's, said his customers are "panicking" about not being able to use the walkway.

jj piece..

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ction_w.html#incart_river

JJ comments:
Quote:
Too funny that ?Harwood is steamed about the closure?. You would think they would give the city a break for 4 whole days.

As I recall the city more or less handed the Harwood?s the Square Ramp property to keep it away from Hartz Mountain who needed it for their Loews development project in the 80?s. It was part of the Loews redevelopment blighted land study. I think it was Mayor Cucci who took it off of the redevelopment plan and sold it to the Harwood?s which in turn put a wench in the Hartz Mountain project.

The Harwood?s were also more or less handed over the Hotel on the Square lot in the middle of Journal Square. The city hit the original property owners the Twail?s with 4 million dollars in building violation fines because the city wanted their land and couldn?t get it with eminent domain. After long court battles the Twail?s gave in and sold their property to the Harwood?s. As you can see the Harwood?s did NOTHING on the property in 10 years.

Posted on: 2015/1/31 20:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017