Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Who is the best/worst officer in JCPD to report street/sexual harassment to?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Lets put PO Dina on a float and parade her around town, while we ignored the other cops who go about doing their jobs in high stress situations.

With a career in community policing she might end up being a future police chief with the supporters she has!
someone sounds bitter

Posted on: 2015/1/23 17:57

Re: Who is the best/worst officer in JCPD to report street/sexual harassment to?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

buddyboy wrote:
This Officer Dina sounds like a Super-Cop. From what you are
posting about her it seems that she is an ultimate crime fighter.
Not many cops would be so receptive to such complaints, but she
seems like the right person to handle a situation like this.
I wonder how many arrests she has made and with such dedication
she must have put a few bad people away for a long time. I wonder
if she has a partner or is a one woman crime fighting machine.
Why an officer of this caliber is reduced to working in an office
answering e-mails is a waste of resources. She should be free
to work the street and fight crime. Great job Officer Dina.

I don't know if Dina is a super cop but she is one of the community relations officers that are in each district. In addition to the regular police work, these officers usually belong to the Quality of Life Taskforce & attend the community meetings within the district to listen, advise & act upon area concerns. If you have doubts who you should be speaking with, Dina is your go to person.

And don't let size fool you. Years ago there were 2 very petite officers on the force & you just didn't want to mess with them; pretty, sweet, nice but more than capable of holding their own against the big boys. And then I knew of a few big boys who were absolute pussys when the going got tough.

Posted on: 2015/1/23 12:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Lets put PO Dina on a float and parade her around town, while we ignored the other cops who go about doing their jobs in high stress situations.

With a career in community policing she might end up being a future police chief with the supporters she has!

Posted on: 2015/1/23 4:11
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/9 0:42
From VanVorstPark
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks everyone except fat-ass-bike

Posted on: 2015/1/23 3:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
It all sounds and I surmise, that PC Dina or a friend, is looking for some brownie points or self-promotion

You're a cynic. Think it was an honest answer to a reasonable question.

Posted on: 2015/1/21 12:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Never heard so much crap - If you're reporting a CRIME then any police officer will act on it and most if not all PD's have a sex crime unit - From my understanding and from what's been bantered within the policing community, Community Police Officers are considered as second rate or simply lack the physical ability and where commanders put officers away from the more serious frontline work of general policing. Unfortunately it's often where the female officers that lack the 'right stuff' or petite end up ... This doesn't necessary mean they are stupid.

This said, cops that just do traffic are also considered as second rate - The most difficult is general duties that do everything from domestics, first responders to serious crimes to helping grandma walk across the road.
It all sounds and I surmise, that PC Dina or a friend, is looking for some brownie points or self-promotion

Resized Image

After finding this image - It could be her stature and physical build that has her in community policing and not her aptitude

Posted on: 2015/1/21 11:18
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/14 20:50
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
This Officer Dina sounds like a Super-Cop. From what you are
posting about her it seems that she is an ultimate crime fighter.
Not many cops would be so receptive to such complaints, but she
seems like the right person to handle a situation like this.
I wonder how many arrests she has made and with such dedication
she must have put a few bad people away for a long time. I wonder
if she has a partner or is a one woman crime fighting machine.
Why an officer of this caliber is reduced to working in an office
answering e-mails is a waste of resources. She should be free
to work the street and fight crime. Great job Officer Dina.

Posted on: 2015/1/21 7:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
What you read/heard is true: if a victim is not willing to report and/or testify, you will not see any results. While the police has the power to arrest, the prosecution of crime is up to the district attorney. Without the testimony of victims, it is almost impossible to convict.

Posted on: 2015/1/21 5:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for the clarification, Dina is that person.

Posted on: 2015/1/21 2:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From VanVorstPark
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Parkman,

Thanks for responding. I'm posting this here because

1) I'm new to this country so I'm not fully aware of all the procedures/departments. Back home, we have a special police department that will deal with sex related offences & such crimes are only to be reported so specially trained officers.

2)I'm not the one who got harassed. It was another woman who got harassed & I happened witness it. I started running & shouting towards them but they left. I used my phone to shoot a clear video of this from a distance. The two men have made horrible remarks even in the presence of my boyfriend. The woman looked physically okay & wanted to be left alone. I was unable to get her name or any such information. I couldn't follow her to ensure her well being because my heeled shoes broke while I was running.

3) A law official told me that unless the victim reports it, the police cannot do much with my evidence. I refuse to believe this & posted it here on jclist to remain anonymous & get responses from other locals who might have dealt with such situations or know a good police officer who will actually tell me something more than, "sorry we can't do anything about it"

4) From previous bad experiences, I've learnt that I should only share sensitive information with a good police officer who will be non-judgmental, sensitive & someone who will actually do something after going through the hassle of reporting such crimes. Doesn't matter if they are male or female, both have been equally crass in dealing with me about crimes of this nature.

Hope this clears up any questions related to this.

Thanks,

Pina

Posted on: 2015/1/21 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
I'm wondering why you are using a blog to answer an issue like this?

It seems like calling the police or at least letting the community know what promted the question would be more appropriate. That said, Dina is the contact officer for downtown, and is very responsive.

201-547-4370

Posted on: 2015/1/21 2:07

Who is the best/worst officer in JCPD to report street/sexual harassment to?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From VanVorstPark
Group:
Registered Users
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of the locals here had any experiences with JCPD police officers. Who in your experience is the best officer to meet with in regards to sexual/street harassment incidents? Any particular officers that you know of that one should avoid reporting such incidents to?

I see Officer Dina listed as the community officer for VVP. Would she be the person I should report such incidents to?

If you've had any similar experiences, could you share with me how the reporting process went, what happened & how long did the reporting process take? Can one set up a time to meet with an officer or do they not have the choice in choosing the officer?

Please send me a private message if you don't wish to disclose such information here.

Thanks,

Pina

Posted on: 2015/1/21 1:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017