Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Edgewater Fire Pet Donations
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

newbie2015 wrote:
Fat-ass-bike, this article gives some idea about the number of animals displaced

http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/20 ... hankful_surreal_fire.html

Wow! - I stand corrected but confused; The article states from a few dozen pets to 130 pets survived and then only 60 pets were registered ... was the edgewater complex a local pet shelter also or are people just plucking numbers from thin air?

It would still be interesting to know just how many pets are NOW displaced since the news report is claiming owners and pets are being reunited? Are we talking 1 or 100 to justify the edgewater complex spin for donations?

Seriously? Isn't it obvious?? People moving into a new buildings are often required to register their pets and pay upfront yearly fees per pet and/or monthly fees (aka pet rent). A lot of people choose to pay for one pet and sneak in another (when it comes to cats, this is rather easy to do, as cats don't need to be walked, like dogs!)

In any case, I don't think you were wrong to question the donations and who is collecting it. Perhaps you came across as callous or heartless, or whatever. But, given the shenanigans that have transpired during past tragedies with people cruelly collecting monies and then keeping them, or criminals profiteering off people's good intentions, I think it is fair to question and ensure that any pleas for monies are verified.

Posted on: 2015/1/23 14:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/2 3:08
From Jersey Ave
Group:
Registered Users
Cookie the Cat will be making a donation of food for the displaced kitties in Edgewater. Thanks to Fussy Friends for stepping up to the plate.

Posted on: 2015/1/23 11:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

newbie2015 wrote:
Fat-ass-bike, this article gives some idea about the number of animals displaced

Wow! - I stand corrected but confused; The article states from a few dozen pets to 130 pets survived and then only 60 pets were registered ... was the edgewater complex a local pet shelter also or are people just plucking numbers from thin air?

It would still be interesting to know just how many pets are NOW displaced since the news report is claiming owners and pets are being reunited? Are we talking 1 or 100 to justify the edgewater complex spin for donations?

Posted on: 2015/1/23 4:08
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/9 0:42
From VanVorstPark
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/23 3:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
How many pets directly from the Edgewater Complex Fire are in your care ?

FAB - sometimes you can be an insensitive prick.

There are a lot of scams out there when we have a disaster - It was reported that 250 apartments went up and that pets weren't allowed at the complex! When I read info like that and then a request for donations for affected pets, my red flag goes up.

But if there are genuine pets displaced - How many ?
A call to animal control would know exactly how many pets were registered at the complex !

Posted on: 2015/1/23 3:08
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

FAB - sometimes you can be an insensitive prick.

Posted on: 2015/1/23 3:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/23 2:56

Edgewater Fire Pet Donations
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/28 17:18
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone looking to donate items for the pets displaced as a result of the Edgewater fire can bring their donations to Fussy Friends at 148 Newark Ave. Prior to 2pm this Saturday Jan 24th.

They are in severe need of food, leashes, toys to occupt the stressed pets (rubber chews etc) and towels/blankets (can be used but must be clean)

Thank you for the help

Posted on: 2015/1/22 23:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017