Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fulop hires a Cuomo Official
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I actually think getting rid of the Parking Authority is a good thing rescue, but Fulop did not go far enough, all autonomous agencies should be gone. They have too much power and we, the public, do not elect them.
And keeping on the theme of hiring, what about Eugene McKnight, who went to jail for stealing as Director of Welfare. He was banned for life to be a public employee, so Fulop gets around the law, by placing him in a non-profit program, that taxpayers support. The job was a reward to helping Diane Coleman with her election. Eugene did not pay his fine when hired. I still remember Earl Morgan's column on this incident. It is too bad the internet was not around in those days. Not only was he stealing money he was also stealing cheese. The city in those days distributed cheese from the federal government to welfare clients. I still remember Earl's words describing Eugene placing the cheese on the window sill of city hall. This was winter so the cheese kept cold. People then was calling Eugene a rat. So don't tell me Fulop is a new politician, he is cut from the same cloth as the ones he attacked as councilman.

Posted on: 2015/1/15 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Tell me rescue, why are the Fulop's people afraid of the truth?

And what truth is that?

The truth is Fulop gives out abatements as mayor but attacked those abatements as councilman plus giving more tax abatement years than Healy ever did. He bonded for terminal leave but attacked Healy for the same thing. Fulop attacked Healy for hiring outside the city but he is doing the same thing. The one thing Healy did not do- try to change the election for his political career. So Healy gets a plus for that. Fulop is just the typical politician that he campaign against. Do you want me to continue? I have a lot more to say.

Actually, the link YOU posted is about the hiring of a deputy mayor who is a resident of Jersey City, nothing regarding the diatribe above.

Also, I am sure you are aware Councilman Fulop proposed moving the election to November way before he was Mayor Fulop, as it is rather obsurd for the city to spend so much money holding so many different elections when they can be consolidated. Aren't you a fiscal conservative? You should love this move.

And by the way, JC Medical Center has an amazing psych ward, I'm sure they would love to hear more about abatements and water :) . Keep at it! You rock!

Posted on: 2015/1/15 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
No wonder, resuce, you use a phony name, I would be embarrassed also if I said someone has dementia. Maybe, it is your poor upbringing. Anyway, I did not write the story, just post it. So does dementia also applies to the Jersey Journal and the reporter or just the person who post it? Tell me rescue, why are the Fulop's people afraid of the truth?

This is AWESOME! This is why we love you Yvonne. I don't know why mentioning someone's deteriorating mental condition would be embarrassing to me, it's a sad medical condition I have seen relatives go through, and having a physician spouse I am somewhat familiar with the early onset signs of alzheimers, which I somewhat liberally apply to you, all in jest though ;) . And no, I don't believe the staff at the JJ have dementia, the article you posted was pretty cleat cut and straight forward: the city needed a deputy mayor, they plucked a resident from the NY state gov's office. Not sure what "truth" is missing here, but I do love your ramblings on water and abatements! Keep on good woman, keep on!

And regarding my "poor" upbringing- not sure where that comes from, but happy to tell you about an immigrant family who moved to Brooklyn, raised 4 kids, and eventually settled in NJ and are all still tight-knit and happy. Keep at it miss Balcer! Love the hair!

Posted on: 2015/1/15 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
From the JJ article: "...Vigil is a Jersey City resident...."

Anything Fulop has done as mayor that you actually like, Yvonne? Seems like you bark every time he moves.

Posted on: 2015/1/15 12:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

And what truth is that?

The truth is Fulop gives out abatements as mayor but attacked those abatements as councilman plus giving more tax abatement years than Healy ever did. He bonded for terminal leave but attacked Healy for the same thing. Fulop attacked Healy for hiring outside the city but he is doing the same thing. The one thing Healy did not do- try to change the election for his political career. So Healy gets a plus for that. Fulop is just the typical politician that he campaign against.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the story, aside from the hiring outside the city thing. JC has been hiring inside the city (friends, relatives) for many decades, and what has that gotten us?

Quote:
Do you want me to continue? I have a lot more to say.

Please do. Anything to keep you busy.

Posted on: 2015/1/15 4:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

And what truth is that?

The truth is Fulop gives out abatements as mayor but attacked those abatements as councilman plus giving more tax abatement years than Healy ever did. He bonded for terminal leave but attacked Healy for the same thing. Fulop attacked Healy for hiring outside the city but he is doing the same thing. The one thing Healy did not do- try to change the election for his political career. So Healy gets a plus for that. Fulop is just the typical politician that he campaign against. Do you want me to continue? I have a lot more to say.

Posted on: 2015/1/15 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

And what truth is that?

Posted on: 2015/1/15 2:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No wonder, resuce, you use a phony name, I would be embarrassed also if I said someone has dementia. Maybe, it is your poor upbringing. Anyway, I did not write the story, just post it. So does dementia also applies to the Jersey Journal and the reporter or just the person who post it? Tell me rescue, why are the Fulop's people afraid of the truth?

Posted on: 2015/1/15 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I guess the desk audit on employees is dead.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... n_jerse.html#incart_river

We all know you have this unhealthy obsession with Mayor Fulop, but they needed to fill the Deputy Mayor position, and this is someone who has experience in a large state government under a state governor and is a JC resident. And the salary is consistent with the past two Deputy Mayors. While your antics are usually funny a la the court jester or village idiot, I am becoming increasingly scared of what you will be like as dementia/age sets in.

Posted on: 2015/1/14 21:21

Fulop hires a Cuomo Official
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/14 21:16

[Advanced Search]

Login