Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City mayor compares NYPD ambush killings to slaying of JCPD Det. Melvin Santiago
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
State run mental health programs, clinics, services, medication and institutes are required NOW and should be free or heavily subsidised.
The State only mitigates this problem when a catastrophe occurs by way of a prison sentence to house our mentally ill.

Just playing devils advocate here - have you meant any killer that kills without provocation that you would describe as sane and logical?

Posted on: 2014/12/22 16:56

Re: Jersey City mayor compares NYPD ambush killings to slaying of JCPD Det. Melvin Santiago
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Unfortunately, short of the kind of involuntary commitment of times long past, this is a problem throwing money at doesn't solve. According to my mental health professional wife, NYC spends more than just about anywhere in the country on public mental health, way more than NJ per patient. But if you judge by tragedies like this, results are the same.

People be crazy, it would be nice if the crazy had less access to guns. It's not like the victims being armed helped in this case.

Posted on: 2014/12/22 15:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

buddyboy wrote:
State run mental health programs, clinics, services, medication and institutes are required NOW and should be free or heavily subsidised.
The State only mitigates this problem when a catastrophe occurs by way of a prison sentence to house our mentally ill.
Than God. The state could never pay to have all the Liberals.

Then we shouldn't complain when some nut-job shoots up a school or public place. It wouldn't surprise me if radical groups go out of their way to incite these nutters and fill their heads with crap for which they are unable to rationally review or comprehend clearly.

I wonder if you can buy shares or stocks in prisons ?

Posted on: 2014/12/22 10:09
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/14 20:50
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Than God. The state could never pay to have all the Liberals.

Posted on: 2014/12/22 5:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/22 0:42
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop is spot on.

Posted on: 2014/12/22 0:23

Jersey City mayor compares NYPD ambush killings to slaying of JCPD Det. Melvin Santiago
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City mayor compares NYPD ambush killings to slaying of JCPD Det. Melvin Santiago

By Sergio Bichao/The Jersey Journal
December 21, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop today extended the city?s sympathy to the families of the two New York City police officers who were executed Saturday by an apparently mentally ill man who ambushed them.

Fulop drew a comparison from the slaying of NYPD officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu to a similar ambush killing in July of Jersey City Police Detective Melvin Santiago, 23.

?Jersey City and the JCPD went through a similar tragic situation earlier this year with the assassination of Detective Melvin Santiago,? Fulop said. ?We extend our deepest condolences to New York City. Our thoughts and prayers as a city go out to the families of the two officers.?

The killing this weekend of the two Big Apple cops shared chilling similarities to Santiago?s senseless murder this summer.

Read more:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _det_melvin_santiago.html

Posted on: 2014/12/22 0:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017