Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

(1) 2 »

Re: Muslims hold over 40 hostages in Sydney cafe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
So you're argument is that because these terrorists were not close to killing the president that they are not terrorists...?

Shannon Richardson sent poison in the mail. Is that not terrorism?

As a point of fact, white supremacists are conservatives. I'm certain that conservatives, like yourself, would prefer to not associate with them. However, their political beliefs are conservative.

Some of those "terrorists" also wanted to kill President Bush.

Shannon Richardson's motive was to frame her husband.

LOL, who are you to declare white supremacists are conservatives. The only thing that unites them is the belief of an ethnic hierarchy. I would argue that they are liberals (the poor WT are all fiscally liberal, from prison movies it seems there is also a large gay subculture).

Posted on: 2014/12/16 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
What is about conservative ideology that seems to attract all these "mentally unstable" lone wolves?

Link1
Link2
Link3

I'm not sure what that 2nd link has to do with anything. Those people were killed intentionally because of earlier beefs.

That 3rd link is kind of a joke, it's well known that there have been no actual close attempts to kill President Obama. From Wikipedia, none of the plots on his life even made it to his actual location.

Eric Rudolph I guess could work, however I think one would identify him more as a White Supremacist vs a conservative. In any case, his bombing occurred almost 20 years ago.

So you're argument is that because these terrorists were not close to killing the president that they are not terrorists...?

Shannon Richardson sent poison in the mail. Is that not terrorism?

As a point of fact, white supremacists are conservatives. I'm certain that conservatives, like yourself, would prefer to not associate with them. However, their political beliefs are conservative.

Posted on: 2014/12/16 15:41
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Those that blame Muslim terrorism on poverty are dead wrong.

Unless of course, if you would consider places like Sweden and Belgium to be "flat out broke and full of despair." Because after accommodating boatloads of Muslim immigrants, these immigrants rewarded Sweden and Belgium by turning against them.

We don't even need to get into the fact that Muslim immigrants are committing a staggeringly disproportionate amount of crime in those countries, it gets even worse. Sweden and Belgium lead the world in jihadists per capita.

http://www.rferl.mobi/a/foreign-fight ... infographic/26584940.html

The facts are hard for some to face but the facts are that hundreds of millions of Muslims worldwide (not a pocket of extremists) hold worldviews that are from the Stone Age. This is what propagates this continual extremism, and why you simply cannot compare it to another religion or political ideology.

Please provide the socio-economic information for the "fact that Muslim immigrants are committing a staggeringly disproportionate amount of crime". I am also interested in the links to all of these Muslim terrorists. Is there as many Muslim terrorists there as there are right-wing terrorists in America?

Posted on: 2014/12/16 15:38
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
What is about conservative ideology that seems to attract all these "mentally unstable" lone wolves?

Link1
Link2
Link3

I'm not sure what that 2nd link has to do with anything. Those people were killed intentionally because of earlier beefs.

That 3rd link is kind of a joke, it's well known that there have been no actual close attempts to kill President Obama. From Wikipedia, none of the plots on his life even made it to his actual location.

Eric Rudolph I guess could work, however I think one would identify him more as a White Supremacist vs a conservative. In any case, his bombing occurred almost 20 years ago.

Posted on: 2014/12/16 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Those that blame Muslim terrorism on poverty are dead wrong.

Unless of course, if you would consider places like Sweden and Belgium to be "flat out broke and full of despair." Because after accommodating boatloads of Muslim immigrants, these immigrants rewarded Sweden and Belgium by turning against them.

We don't even need to get into the fact that Muslim immigrants are committing a staggeringly disproportionate amount of crime in those countries, it gets even worse. Sweden and Belgium lead the world in jihadists per capita.

http://www.rferl.mobi/a/foreign-fight ... infographic/26584940.html

The facts are hard for some to face but the facts are that hundreds of millions of Muslims worldwide (not a pocket of extremists) hold worldviews that are from the Stone Age. This is what propagates this continual extremism, and why you simply cannot compare it to another religion or political ideology.

Posted on: 2014/12/16 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Link1
Link2
Link3

What many fail to grasp is that a lot of those in the Middle East, just as in the poverty areas of America, are flat out broke and full of despair. To say that they are attracted to Islam would be no different than saying the youths of ghettos are attracted to gangs. It isn?t an attraction; it is the seeking of refuge. Unfortunately, there are a few too many bad seeds that simply take in people and espouse antisocial messages of hate.

Just as those in the Federal government?s report on domestic terrorism, which determined the problems here are predominantly radicalized conservatives, they certainly didn?t start that way. The poor often search for a reason for them to be in this mess and then a finger to blame. Ask the people that cry ?They?re taking our jobs!!? what they do for a living. You can likely put your money on it being low wage work.

I get that it is hard for some to see the nuances. Because Eric Rudolph and Shannon Richardson were nutcases, doesn?t mean all conservatives are. Just because Man Haron Monis went off the deep end even further than before doesn?t mean all Muslims are out to terrorize us.

As for ISIS and killing Christians, atheists, women, etc? there have been a lot of mass murderers in the world with cruel visions of taking over the planet. Coopting a cause to rally the disparate is usually part of it, Mao coopting communism, Hitler coopting Christianity and conservatism, etc.

Posted on: 2014/12/16 14:10
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Pakistan, of course.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The next time Christian terrorists kill 100 schoolkids, like the Muslim terrorists did yesterday in Afghanistan let us know.

Posted on: 2014/12/16 12:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Once again foolish analogy... the IRA or Basques are not into forced religious conversions nor do they have any global domination ambitions... The sad irony with The Troubles was it about the brutal oppression of Ireland that was shaded by religion. Notice though more has been accomplished by peace, than by the last hundred years of the guns and bombs.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

newbie2015 wrote:
JCman8 Alright. I got your point. I hope you got my point too. I apologize for being rude in my last line of my last response to you.

It's ok, I have thick skin. I think you need it to post here, lol.

Also I'm sure everyone is in agreement that we never want to see one of these attacks again.

Newbie2015 - your view is valid, and don't apologize to the crowd - some of whom are trolls - just because they may not agree with your gut instincts and pov.

Some people on this forum tend to have tiny minds imo. They use phrases like "Muslim terrorist" because that's all they can comprehend. It's like calling Basque separatists or the IRA - "Christian Terrorists". There are a lot of dumbfucks on this forum - feel free to ignore their insular idiocy...

Posted on: 2014/12/16 12:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

http://news.yahoo.com/pakistan-taliba ... ool-kill-2-072153239.html

Just some misguided and misunderstood guys spreading the word of peace...

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The next time Christian terrorists kill 100 schoolkids, like the Muslim terrorists did yesterday in Afghanistan let us know.

Posted on: 2014/12/16 12:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/16 12:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

newbie2015 wrote:
JCman8 Alright. I got your point. I hope you got my point too. I apologize for being rude in my last line of my last response to you.

Also I'm sure everyone is in agreement that we never want to see one of these attacks again.

Newbie2015 - your view is valid, and don't apologize to the crowd - some of whom are trolls - just because they may not agree with your gut instincts and pov.

Some people on this forum tend to have tiny minds imo. They use phrases like "Muslim terrorist" because that's all they can comprehend. It's like calling Basque separatists or the IRA - "Christian Terrorists". There are a lot of dumbfucks on this forum - feel free to ignore their insular idiocy...

Posted on: 2014/12/16 5:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
It's clear that this guy was a nut-job and used religion to justify his criminal behavior - It was reported that the cops knew him and that he was a suspect in his wife's murder and other nutty activities. It stated he was on bond and most likely knew he was going to prison for a long time. I believe this was his motivation to use religion to become a martyr of sorts.

They should make kitty-litter from his remains.

I also think that the cops did a great job and the australian media did well to keep the hysteria controlled in their reporting ... unfortunately some international media groups including ours, wanting to make it into a public forum for hate mongering.

Posted on: 2014/12/16 2:34
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Co-opted??? These murders are encouraged by their religious leaders to commit these bloody and ruthless acts of violence. What is about this religion that seems to attract all these "mentally unstable" lone wolves.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/12/christia ... ges-behead-four-children/

Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
[quote]The original news stories said it was a team of Muslims. Considering they forced the hostages to hold some Islamic flag in the window, their intent was clear.

It was ONE MENTALLY UNSTABLE MAN who co-opted the Islamic faith to promote his screwed up agenda. It looks like Australians are getting this right - bravo to them and a lesson to some of us (maybe):

Posted on: 2014/12/16 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

newbie2015 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/12/16 0:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/9 0:42
From VanVorstPark
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/15 22:19

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From VanVorstPark
Group:
Registered Users
devilsadvocate & user1111 thank you.

Posted on: 2014/12/15 22:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
I have explained what I meant in this thread. The headline is worded as such because at the time of posting, it was reported there was a team of Muslim terrorists holding hostages.

If I could do it again, I would add "terrorist" next to Muslim in the headline. I agree it is not all Muslims who are doing this, that interpretation is absurd.

I would also do the Ferguson one again if I could, it is too overbroad. I would say black looters instead of black community. Note that hundreds if not thousands of black individuals looted and burned their community though.

You also are losing sight of the big picture by making these ad hominem attacks. In my opinion, both stories reflect manifestations of a toxic culture or belief system. They did not occur in a vacuum. However, the threat posed by Muslim terrorists (which are fostered by a backwards belief system as I previously detailed) is obviously far far greater than the problems with black culture.

I will also admit that the black culture issue is more complicated due to decades of white oppression (even though we are presently far removed from it). There is room for more debate. The terrorist issue isn't nearly as complicated. You only need to look at the incredibly backward beliefs enshrined in law and held by hundreds of millions in order to see how these extremist acts propagate.

Posted on: 2014/12/15 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I'll let the guy speak for himself but I would be surprised if he meant it the way it is being interpreted. But yeah, I agree the language is more broad than is merited and therefore makes the interpretation being read plausible based on the text.

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
he meant it! Just like when he said the "Black Community" in his last racist thread. The way it read, the entire black community was all out looting.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... =361385&keywords=ferguson

Posted on: 2014/12/15 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
he meant it! Just like when he said the "Black Community" in his last racist thread. The way it read, the entire black community was all out looting.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... =361385&keywords=ferguson

Posted on: 2014/12/15 21:46

Re: Muslim Terrorist holds over 40 hostages in Sydney Cafe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

newbie2015 wrote:
Hi Devils advocate. Muslim terrorist is fine. The guy wrote Muslims hold hostage in Sydney which is wrong.

I doubt the original poster meant to imply all Muslims as a group were holding the people hostage. I don't think anyone believes that. Just like it isn't implied in "black man robs white man" that all blacks robbed the guy.

Quote:
You're mistaken. I'm comparing Muslims & Blacks which are people. (whether they are of different races,religions or black muslims etc doesn't matter). I never compared Islam to blacks so So my analogy is correct.

I think we're talking past each other. No one is saying "all of X" are responsible for Y crime. I think some are noting that this terrorist was Muslim which isn't wrong, but no one is actually saying all Muslims were responsible. Just like when someone says "Darren Wilson, a white cop, shot MB, a black teen" they don't mean all whites are responsible.

Posted on: 2014/12/15 21:21

Re: Terrorist holds over 40 hostages in Sydney Cafe
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From VanVorstPark
Group:
Registered Users
Hi JCMan8. Yes, you offended me. Thanks for apologizing. Your post was not a 100 % factual because it was just one Muslim terrorist and not Muslims.

Sort of like saying, "Whites kill students in high school with guns". It wouldn't be right or constructive to put it that way.

Yes, we do have different views because you mostly seem to be here to spread your hatred via stating your "100 % factual posts".

Don't give me the "White cop shooting black man" so it's okay to post "Muslims hold hostages". Both are wrong & you can't use one to justify the other. I hope people like you don't reproduce anymore.

Posted on: 2014/12/15 21:01

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From VanVorstPark
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Devils advocate. Muslim terrorist is fine. The guy wrote Muslims hold hostage in Sydney which is wrong.

You're mistaken. I'm comparing Muslims & Blacks which are people. (whether they are of different races,religions or black muslims etc doesn't matter). I never compared Islam to blacks so So my analogy is correct.

Posted on: 2014/12/15 20:57

Terrorist holds over 40 hostages in Sydney Cafe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

newbie2015 wrote:
JCMan8 Please change the subject of the thread to Terrorist holding over 40 hostages in Sydney cafe.

For example, no one begins the subject with "Black man robs white woman in parking lot". We all know it's racially insensitive & stereotyping blacks. It doesn't serve anyone well.

JerseyMom - thank you.
yes, please change the headline as it is misleading and inflammatory.

Posted on: 2014/12/15 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

newbie2015 wrote:
JCMan8 Please change the subject of the thread to Terrorist holding over 40 hostages in Sydney cafe.

For example, no one begins the subject with "Black man robs white woman in parking lot". We all know it's racially insensitive & stereotyping blacks. It doesn't serve anyone well.

JerseyMom - thank you.

Newbie, apologies if you are offended. My posts in this thread have been 100% factual (with the exception of my last sentence in post 10, which is an analogy).

Also I have seen plenty of news articles titled White cop shoots Black man so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

The facts can make certain people uncomfortable. That doesn't mean they should be ignored. Here, the fact is the terrorist act was carried out by a devout Muslim in the name of the Muslim religion. This is far different than an unrelated act that was carried out by a man who happened to be religious.

It is my opinion that keeping ourselves in willful ignorance of the facts only makes it difficult - if not impossible - to form solutions. Hopefully you understand my point of view differs from yours.

Posted on: 2014/12/15 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Even if you removed the color from the subject line, if you provide the location, one can easily surmise the race of the individual.

Quote:

newbie2015 wrote:

JerseyMom - thank you.

Posted on: 2014/12/15 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

newbie2015 wrote:

JerseyMom - thank you.

Ok, lets compromise on "Muslim Terrorist". After all, Islam isn't a race, it is a religion and ideology. Therefore, comparing it to blacks isn't appropriate. Islam also happens to account for the overwhelming majority of terrorists, so let us not pretend like the fact that he was Muslim is incidental rather than causal.

Posted on: 2014/12/15 20:16

Terrorist holds over 40 hostages in Sydney Cafe
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From VanVorstPark
Group:
Registered Users

JerseyMom - thank you.

Posted on: 2014/12/15 20:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
If you think this is an isolated incident that occurred in a bubble, you are only deluding yourself.

Some people just do not understand that some belief systems are more harmful and backward than others. They want to live in this politically correct world where everything is 100% equal.

This is 2014. Women should not be forced to wear ninja costumes, not allowed to drive, or to be treated as second class citizens. Making homosexuality a crime and using stoning as a form of punishment is not ok. Bullying countries with terroristic threats because they depict your god in a cartoon is not ok.

This does not mean that Islam is the only institution with serious problems, but you can criticize Islam while still acknowledging other groups/countries have problems.

The problem is with a religion that is stuck in the Stone Age.

I guess because there were some moderate Nazis, we can't blame the belief system!

Posted on: 2014/12/15 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
The original news stories said it was a team of Muslims. Considering they forced the hostages to hold some Islamic flag in the window, their intent was clear.

It was ONE MENTALLY UNSTABLE MAN who co-opted the Islamic faith to promote his screwed up agenda. It looks like Australians are getting this right - bravo to them and a lesson to some of us (maybe):

After the siege at a Sydney caf? Monday morning, Australians started to show their support for Muslims by using #IllRideWithYou.

Many Muslims believed they'd be targets of discrimination and prejudice due to the gunman at the siege being Muslim. The gunman was a 49-year-old Iranian refugee who held 15 people hostage for 16 hours.

The hashtag was inspired by the story of a man and a Muslim woman that appeared on Twitter. He was offering to ride with her on the train and protect her in case anyone tried harassing her.

More

Posted on: 2014/12/15 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
The original news stories said it was a team of Muslims. Considering they forced the hostages to hold some Islamic flag in the window, their intent was clear.

Also, the Iranian sheikh was known for rallying against Australian oppression of Muslims.

This is yet another Islamic motivated violent terrorist act. And considering the goal of terrorists is to spread terror, it appears to have been successful.

Posted on: 2014/12/15 16:45

(1) 2 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017