Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
160 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Surprise...! OT up at the PANYNJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Port Authority Spent $200M in Overtime in 9 Months

NJTV News
By Christie Duffy

The Port Authority spent nearly $200 million in the first nine months of this year just on overtime.

Roughly half of the $192 million ? about $95 million ? supplemented the salaries of Port Authority Police.

If this trend continues, the Port Authority will spend more on overtime payouts than on planned improvements to existing infrastructure like upgrading the PATH rail system to provide direct train service to Newark Airport for $222 million.

That may be a sour pill for Jersey commuters who just stomached a toll hike at the bridge and tunnels. Cars now pay $14 cash to cross during peak hours and it?s set to go up to $15 next year.

?People just can?t do it any more and I believe the Port Authority has to show a real commitment to the people we all serve that they?re gonna do a lot more belt tightening than has been done over the past number of years,? said Sen. Loretta Weinberg.

?It?s an organization that feels it?s above accountability,? said Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop.

Shortly after Port Authority?s overtime made headlines, Fulop tweeted this: ?The good thing about having the Port Authority as a neighbor is they make everyone else look good because they are so bad.?

Fulop says the tweet was actually over a separate issue ? Port Authority officials preventing an outreach team from helping the homeless at the Journal Square PATH station until an agreement was reached.

Read more:
http://www.njtvonline.org/news/video/ ... -in-overtime-in-9-months/

Posted on: 2014/12/16 3:30

Re: Surprise...! OT up at the PANYNJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Increased service my keister. Between the random stopover at Exchange Pl (where they don't let out or take on passengers... why?) and the 12-15 minute layover in Hoboken, it takes me double my travel time on Sundays to get to work from Grove -> 23rd.

Posted on: 2014/7/29 13:12

Surprise...! OT up at the PANYNJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Who would have guessed it? OT hours at the Port Authority are up, again. Most interestingly is that actual OT is down IF YOU EXCLUDE two departments: Aviation and PATH. The PA is claiming that, among other things, increased service during the Skyway closure has led to this increase in OT. Do we actually have increased service? I have avoided the PATH on weekends this year given the mess and widespread delays being reported by others.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2014 ... xceeding_projections.html

Posted on: 2014/7/29 10:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017