Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Leaf blowing and collection
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Bags out, thanks. That's what I did for the 20th but they did not get picked up. If necessary I will leave a message on the incinerator authority voice mail.

Posted on: 2014/12/4 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
They should be picking up Thursday morning 12/4 in North and East (includes HP), so put your leaves out tonight. They picked up on my street on the right dates before.

Posted on: 2014/12/3 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Hello everyone, anyone had success getting their leaf bags picked up this year? I tried both north-east then south-west schedules in HP, Nov 20 and Nov 27, leaving the bags from Wednesday to Friday at the curb. No pickup. Is the incinerator authority asleep at the wheel? I don't have time to "sort this" through.

Posted on: 2014/12/3 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone knows how to handle leaf bags post neighborhood collection date? There is quite a bit of leaves still falling in the street right now and while I would like to collect these as much as I can in leaf bags to prevent sewer clogs, I would prefer not to have to schlep these in another part of town..

Posted on: 2013/12/7 1:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.jciaonline.org/leafBags.php
If nature deemed the leaves to travel over to your side of the street then you have taken ownership and responsibility. Putting the leaves into the street will only clog up the sweeper and prevent them from properly to pass.

Posted on: 2013/11/21 22:31
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This is such a subjective issue.

1. Cityhall owns the trees on the sidewalk and dictate what type of tree they are and pruning needs.

2. The street sweepers clean the roads of debris and any leaves and branches that fall onto the laneway.

3. As landlords we are accountable of our sidewalks; clearing of snow, so I imagine this would include leaves from the trees!

4. If someone was to fall on ice / snow on our part of the sidewalk, we could be made liable as would I imagine someone falling on wet leaves that weren't picked-up!

Its interesting how cityhall has total authority but no accountability in these sorts of issues.

I'd be discretely blowing everything on the street for the street sweeper to collect, as we all do with snow

Posted on: 2013/11/21 22:20
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Leaf blowing and collection
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
I know JCIA is supposed to have leaf bag collection and have given out leaf bags but I still see the practice of neighbors blowing leaves into the street. I have no problem collecting leaves with the leaf bags I was given and if not enough, use my own bags biodegradable or not, but if it is okay to blow leaves into the street then it will be a big time saver for me. Can I still blow leaves into the street for the sweepers or is that a big no-no?

BTW, I am talking about leaves on the sidewalk which for some reason chose to congregate around my property which has no trees.

Posted on: 2013/11/21 17:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017