Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Jersey City could eliminate employee parking lot to open way for development
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
PLAs were pushed by the Healy administration.

In any event, there were previously abated properties done without PLAs and with mostly non-union labor. And the result is that you still have these deals, but with shoddier work. Liberty Harbor is a great example of this. What should have been a model for new urbanism has the construction quality of the fake town of Rock Ridge from Blazing Saddles.

Posted on: 2014/12/3 3:01

Re: Jersey City could eliminate employee parking lot to open way for development
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/1 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
the last two years of the Healy admin, Mike Sottalano negotiated the abatements for the most part. By all accounts Mike did a great job of keeping the abatements in check. Steven's executive order sounds great, but the developers have figured out the work arounds. If you want to phase out the tax abatements, eliminate the Project labor agreements. The unions add somewhere between 25 and 30 percent to the cost of a new tower. The tax abatements ease the burden of the union cost. The tax payers are funding the full employment of all those union workers who drive up the parkway and turnpike everyday to work in the construction on these tower. We are so generous to the balance of the state.

Posted on: 2014/12/1 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
That is not true, this has come up many times in the city council, there is no code for municipal employees to live in JC. Fulop blasted Healy for hiring the B.A. who lived outside JC, then he does the same thing with is B.A. who also has assigned parking in the rear of city hall.

Yvonne, there is a law that has this requirement, but it doesn't seem well enforced:

? 53-2. - Domicile as condition of employment. [Added 6-9-2010 by Ord. No. 10-078]

A.

All Employees, as a condition of their employment, shall maintain a bona fide domicile in the City of Jersey City during the period of their employment. Domicile means the permanent place of abode within the meaning, intent and scope of the New Jersey Statutes and court decisions governing and defining "domicile." It shall also mean the permanent abode which the Employee occupies with his or her spouse and minor children.

B.

All Employees shall file with the Division of Personnel an affidavit setting forth the following:

(1)

the address and telephone number of the Employees' bona fide domicile; and

(2)

the address and telephone number of the Employees' spouse and minor children.

It really pisses me off that they choose to enforce the backflow preventer requirement out of the blue, but can't enforce something much more crucial to functioning as a city, IMHO.

I wish I can recall the exact council meeting when this was brought up, I can only say, the B.A. and Corporation Counsel have said differently. This has come up especially with the public safety. The B.A. and corporation counsel have said, there is no law to keep public safety employees in the city. They must be city residents to be hire but after the fact, there is no law to keep them here. So, why isn't the current administration following the statute? I have seen the addresses of public employees, the majority do not live in JC and I am not just referring to the police or fire department.

This is something you and I agree on, believe it or not. It is just pitiful that a majority of city employees don't live in Jersey City and we are all being made fools of as taxpayers. The city enforces ordinances when it is convenient and easy for them to do so (like when it comes to extracting money from residents) but ignores other ordinances that aren't as easy to enforce and wouldn't bring in extra revenue.

Here's another ordinance, which says employees can have their employment terminated for not living in Jersey City:

? 53-4. - Investigations; hearings; termination of employment. [Added 6-9-2010 by Ord. No. 10-078]

? ? ? ?

A.

The Municipal Council or the appointing authority or their duly authorized representatives are hereby authorized to investigate the bona fides of an Employees' domicile or failure to comply with the provisions of this Article and to conduct hearings thereon. Such hearings shall be conducted upon no less than ten (10) days' notice to the Employee. The notice shall be served upon the Employee by mail or personal service and shall set forth the following:

(1)

the date, time and place of the hearing.

(2)

a detailed specification of the charges against the Employee.

(3)

a statement warning the Employee that the hearing may result in the termination of the employment of the Employee.

B.

The following shall be sufficient cause to terminate the employment of an Employee:

(1)

failure to file the affidavit within thirty (30) days.

(2)

filing a false or incomplete affidavit.

Posted on: 2014/12/1 16:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/28 4:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Ten years ago, there was no meters around the Post Office, but the public is now a cash cow due to lack of parking.

I call BS on this. I moved to DTJC in Feb '93 and immediately got a PO box at the main post office at Montgomery & Washington... I was there frequently; most often, driving my car. (I assume that's the PO referred to here). There were definitely meters on the streets adjacent to the PO in 1993.

Yvonne, if the post office sucks, or if some other business sucks, don't use it. Jersey City is full of enterprising people who will find a better way to provide you with the service you need.

That's one of the great things about living here... there are tons of people with that entrepreneurial spirit all around.

If you're stuck in a rut... gonna keep going to the post office on Washington... gonna keep getting tickets while you stand in line - good luck and godspeed.

If you'd prefer to find a better way to spend your time and money, I think you'll find many options - local business people willing to cater to your needs.

Posted on: 2014/12/1 4:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
That is not true, this has come up many times in the city council, there is no code for municipal employees to live in JC. Fulop blasted Healy for hiring the B.A. who lived outside JC, then he does the same thing with is B.A. who also has assigned parking in the rear of city hall.

Yvonne, there is a law that has this requirement, but it doesn't seem well enforced:

? 53-2. - Domicile as condition of employment. [Added 6-9-2010 by Ord. No. 10-078]

A.

All Employees, as a condition of their employment, shall maintain a bona fide domicile in the City of Jersey City during the period of their employment. Domicile means the permanent place of abode within the meaning, intent and scope of the New Jersey Statutes and court decisions governing and defining "domicile." It shall also mean the permanent abode which the Employee occupies with his or her spouse and minor children.

B.

All Employees shall file with the Division of Personnel an affidavit setting forth the following:

(1)

(2)

It really pisses me off that they choose to enforce the backflow preventer requirement out of the blue, but can't enforce something much more crucial to functioning as a city, IMHO.

I wish I can recall the exact council meeting when this was brought up, I can only say, the B.A. and Corporation Counsel have said differently. This has come up especially with the public safety. The B.A. and corporation counsel have said, there is no law to keep public safety employees in the city. They must be city residents to be hire but after the fact, there is no law to keep them here. So, why isn't the current administration following the statute? I have seen the addresses of public employees, the majority do not live in JC and I am not just referring to the police or fire department.

Posted on: 2014/12/1 3:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

A.

B.

(1)

(2)

Posted on: 2014/12/1 3:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I was on jury duty several years ago, a young man probably from North Bergen or Secaucus could not park his car for jury duty so he did not show up. The judge issued a bench warrant for his arrest. We are making criminals out of citizens over parking.

Oh, please. The guy didn't show up for jury duty because he didn't want to do so. Hundreds of other people manage to show up for jury duty on a weekly basis by bus, bike, car, or some other way. There are places to park close by to the court. You may have to pay. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD: you are NOT entitled to free parking anywhere and everywhere you go in a city.

Several years ago, the county had a programs in which citizens turn themselves in on outstanding warrants. The county used the Greek Church for the location. My friend who was a sheriff then told me 80% of the people had moving violations (traffic problems). I wish the county would publish the results when they do these programs.
Now that it is the holiday season, people will line up to mail packages at the post office on Washington St. Last year, the line was spilling outside the building but the time on the meters was 20 minutes so people got tickets. The city made tons of money that day on fines. Ten years ago, there was no meters around the Post Office, but the public is now a cash cow due to lack of parking.

You are up to your usual tactics: change the topic of conversation when you get called out on your nonsense.

So, let's address this latest point: people getting tickets due to expired meters. Do you really believe this is NOT OK? If you park at a metered spot, it is your RESPONSIBILITY to ensure you come back to feed the meter when it is about to expire. Any person in a line could turn to the person immediately ahead, or behind, and ask them to hold the spot while they run out to feed the meter. If you let it run out and then get ticketed, well... that's your fault. The system is working as it is supposed to work.

About the people with outstanding warrants (you claim the cop said 80% of all outstanding warrants are for moving violations?): again, if you have a ticket, and you fall to pay it, that's on you. BTW, parking violations are not moving violations, so not sure why you brought that into the conversation. You fixate on the parking matters and your misconceived idea that parking is scarce.

The line is longer than 20 minutes, people have packages in their hands. Some have children with them. It is obvious you do not live in the real world, you leave the line, you lose your place. This is nothing but a money machine for the city. It is also the reason why I tell everyone to use the post office in Bayonne in order to avoid tickets. Then, people end up shopping in Bayonne taking that money from JC businesses.

Posted on: 2014/11/30 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I was on jury duty several years ago, a young man probably from North Bergen or Secaucus could not park his car for jury duty so he did not show up. The judge issued a bench warrant for his arrest. We are making criminals out of citizens over parking.

Oh, please. The guy didn't show up for jury duty because he didn't want to do so. Hundreds of other people manage to show up for jury duty on a weekly basis by bus, bike, car, or some other way. There are places to park close by to the court. You may have to pay. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD: you are NOT entitled to free parking anywhere and everywhere you go in a city.

Several years ago, the county had a programs in which citizens turn themselves in on outstanding warrants. The county used the Greek Church for the location. My friend who was a sheriff then told me 80% of the people had moving violations (traffic problems). I wish the county would publish the results when they do these programs.
Now that it is the holiday season, people will line up to mail packages at the post office on Washington St. Last year, the line was spilling outside the building but the time on the meters was 20 minutes so people got tickets. The city made tons of money that day on fines. Ten years ago, there was no meters around the Post Office, but the public is now a cash cow due to lack of parking.

You are up to your usual tactics: change the topic of conversation when you get called out on your nonsense.

So, let's address this latest point: people getting tickets due to expired meters. Do you really believe this is NOT OK? If you park at a metered spot, it is your RESPONSIBILITY to ensure you come back to feed the meter when it is about to expire. Any person in a line could turn to the person immediately ahead, or behind, and ask them to hold the spot while they run out to feed the meter. If you let it run out and then get ticketed, well... that's your fault. The system is working as it is supposed to work.

About the people with outstanding warrants (you claim the cop said 80% of all outstanding warrants are for moving violations?): again, if you have a ticket, and you fall to pay it, that's on you. BTW, parking violations are not moving violations, so not sure why you brought that into the conversation. You fixate on the parking matters and your misconceived idea that parking is scarce.

Posted on: 2014/11/30 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/30 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/30 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
fat-ass-bike wrote:
Come on Yvonne, you're not that stupid or ignorant.[/quote

I guess you never had the responsibility of raising a family: taking children to doctors, dentists, piano lessons, grocery stores, pharmacy, school events, etc. Not all of the events are in walking distance or even a bus route. On more than one occasion, my husband sat in a car waiting for a parking space for hours. So my question is - where do people park?

Posted on: 2014/11/30 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Come on Yvonne, you're not that stupid or ignorant.

Posted on: 2014/11/30 2:48
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
City employees should have no expectation of free parking on the City's dime. Period. If they are residents, then they qualify for residents parking permits. If not, they need to pay for spaces like any other worker.

Every private company negotiates park-and-ride deals. Every private company provides plans for employees to pay their commuter costs on a pre-tax basis. No reason JC can't do the same. No reason JC can't take a lead in promoting public transport. No reason that ANY JC public employee has the "perk" of taking a City vehicle home. And that includes the mayor.

If the city keeps eliminating private parking lots as was done in the 1990s where do people park? I was on jury duty several years ago, a young man probably from North Bergen or Secaucus could not park his car for jury duty so he did not show up. The judge issued a bench warrant for his arrest. We are making criminals out of citizens over parking. However, the city's attitude towards developers is 180 in trying to accommodate them.

Posted on: 2014/11/30 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
City employees should have no expectation of free parking on the City's dime. Period. If they are residents, then they qualify for residents parking permits. If not, they need to pay for spaces like any other worker.

Every private company negotiates park-and-ride deals. Every private company provides plans for employees to pay their commuter costs on a pre-tax basis. No reason JC can't do the same. No reason JC can't take a lead in promoting public transport. No reason that ANY JC public employee has the "perk" of taking a City vehicle home. And that includes the mayor.

Posted on: 2014/11/30 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:
There is a big difference between an abatement offered today and an abatement offered more than two years ago.one of the first things that Fulop did when he started was improve the abatement policy. Previously the city was treated as a homogenous entity, the new policy provides greater incentives to develop in neighborhoods that were previously ignored while the old policy offered incentives to develop dwntown. Pretending that an abatement issued five years ago to an an abatement authorized today is the equivalent of comparing a model t to a new Ford.

Actually, that is not true. When Healy decided to give 12 years to Journal Square, he also cut back in the downtown area. I do not recall what project, it was downtown but it received a 5 year abatement. Now projects downtown are receiving 20 year tax abatements. Even 272 Grove Street, across from City Hall has 10 years, there was talk of 5 years before.

Posted on: 2014/11/30 0:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
There is a big difference between an abatement offered today and an abatement offered more than two years ago.one of the first things that Fulop did when he started was improve the abatement policy. Previously the city was treated as a homogenous entity, the new policy provides greater incentives to develop in neighborhoods that were previously ignored while the old policy offered incentives to develop dwntown. Pretending that an abatement issued five years ago to an an abatement authorized today is the equivalent of comparing a model t to a new Ford.

Posted on: 2014/11/29 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

The problem with your argument, Healy was reducing abatements the last two years of his mayoralty. Kennedy Lofts, in Journal Square, 12 years under Healy, then compared to KRE and 3 Journal Square, both 30 years under Fulop. There is also no talks of give backs as open space which was discussed under Healy.

Healy made more promises in his last campaign because he knew the majority of JC residents were sick of his crap.

As for '30 years under Fulop' ... just how old do you think Fulop is and when do you think he entered politics?

Also Fulop was the only person under Healy voicing a concern, when he became aware of the problem (there were many debates noted in the newspapers) ... unfortunately reality has been set by dumbass previous Mayors who had no understanding of town planning and mere 'yes' men for their financial developer backers.

Actions matter not promises, it is action under Healy that Kennedy Lofts received 12 years but KRE and 3 Journal Square received 30 years under Fulop. The irony KRE and 3 Journal Square are even closer to the PATH than Kennedy Lofts.

Posted on: 2014/11/29 22:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

The problem with your argument, Healy was reducing abatements the last two years of his mayoralty. Kennedy Lofts, in Journal Square, 12 years under Healy, then compared to KRE and 3 Journal Square, both 30 years under Fulop. There is also no talks of give backs as open space which was discussed under Healy.

Healy made more promises in his last campaign because he knew the majority of JC residents were sick of his crap.

As for '30 years under Fulop' ... just how old do you think Fulop is and when do you think he entered politics?

Also Fulop was the only person under Healy voicing a concern, when he became aware of the problem (there were many debates noted in the newspapers) ... unfortunately reality has been set by dumbass previous Mayors who had no understanding of town planning and mere 'yes' men for their financial developer backers.

Posted on: 2014/11/29 21:13
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
Fat-ass, the present Mayor, like the previous ones is rewarding developers with the same level of density at the past mayors. He has also violated the pay to play laws that no one in the city is following, its now a free for all. Spend a day in city hall and see the endless flow of developers with their plans heading to the mayors office and you will see how wrong you are. The city is a stepping stone for Steven and pay to play has gone out the window. Point to one person enforcing it in the city! You can't because that person does't exist.

I never suggested that Fulop wasn't guilty of the same behavior, nor would it surprise me if he too was getting financial campaign funding from developers now. I have no doubt that Fulop is at times a 'wolf in sheep's clothing'.

Fulop's problem is that a precedent has been set and developers can and do make a valid claim for parity when they appeal a 'cityhall' planning decision ... I've even done so for a contract I was doing as a project manager.
'Cityhall' know all to well that if they fight an appeal, with what they know, it becomes a waste of money.

Once again, if previous Mayor's in the past 20 years set the bench mark with strict planning guidelines, conditions, levies and any additional clauses we wouldn't be in this town planning mess.

Posted on: 2014/11/29 21:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
Fat-ass, the present Mayor, like the previous ones is rewarding developers with the same level of density at the past mayors. He has also violated the pay to play laws that no one in the city is following, its now a free for all. Spend a day in city hall and see the endless flow of developers with their plans heading to the mayors office and you will see how wrong you are. The city is a stepping stone for Steven and pay to play has gone out the window. Point to one person enforcing it in the city! You can't because that person does't exist.

I never suggested that Fulop wasn't guilty of the same behavior, nor would it surprise me if he too was getting financial campaign funding from developers now. I have no doubt that Fulop is at times a 'wolf in sheep's clothing'.

Fulop's problem is that a precedent has been set and developers can and do make a valid claim for parity when they appeal a 'cityhall' planning decision ... I've even done so for a contract I was doing as a project manager.
'Cityhall' know all to well that if they fight an appeal, with what they know, it becomes a waste of money.

Once again, if previous Mayor's in the past 20 years set the bench mark with strict planning guidelines, conditions, levies and any additional clauses we wouldn't be in this town planning mess.

Posted on: 2014/11/29 20:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/29 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The city pays a fortune to park cars in the Mack Cali garage for employees at 30 Montgomery street. Once again, a perk that nevers shows up anywhere in the budget.

Posted on: 2014/11/29 16:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Ask the local community if they want the parking lot or a new building, they would say parking.

Since you're asking, I live a walking distance to city hall and I own a car. I pay for parking in a half empty high rise parking lot. There is plenty of room for these city employees to join me.

Who said all municipal employees work in city hall? There are close to 3000 employees. City Hall could not hold even half. Our employees work all over JC. And there is no private or municipal parking lots available. The reason we rent spaces for employees in strange places like the Greek Church parking lot on Montgomery St.

Posted on: 2014/11/29 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Ask the local community if they want the parking lot or a new building, they would say parking.

Since you're asking, I live a walking distance to city hall and I own a car. I pay for parking in a half empty high rise parking lot. There is plenty of room for these city employees to join me.

Posted on: 2014/11/29 3:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This has been brought up at council meetings with public officials saying something different. By the way, the article quotes the city clerk, another employee who lives outside of JC and is given a city car and parking space to get to work. I asked the city clerk who has cars under this administration and he told me, he has a city car. He also has a parking space assigned to him in the rear of city hall. How can we say some employees can have parking but others do not? The city clerk also say members of the police are also assigned cars. We rent space at 1 Journal Square for the police department with parking for the brass in the rear. The city says it will renegotiate a new contract that does not include parking but they have no guarantees that will happen. In the meanwhile, taxpayers are renting spaces for parking for employees that cost more than maintaining municipal lots. In the evening, these municipal lots are used by local residents, a real boost in for any community. If you would ask the local community if they want the parking lot or a new building, they would say parking.

Posted on: 2014/11/29 3:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Hospital staff have to pay for parking too ... no silver spoon service for employees there !

At least there is available parking for hospital staff, when JC eliminates parking for its employees, there will be no private parking lots, the employees will be taking parking from residents. Both Christ Hospital and JCMC have lots for parking. It the reason Chico wants residents to turn their front yards into parking. The city is not doing its job of providing municipal parking. The reality is, people have lives that involve taking children to doctors/dentists and when they return home their is no parking.

Seriously !

Join the club of all the other 'workers' in JC.

Lazy people will need to use buses, light-rail, trains, bikes, car pool, walk or make other arrangements.

The reality of inner city high density, high rise developments and you can thank our previous Mayor's.

This problem was in the making 20 years ago with developers providing campaign funding to our Mayor's and getting a green light with all and any developments; with the added problem of tax abatements that should not have been given as it could have paid for more public parking opportunities.

Yvonne you need to understand things cost money and Fulop doesn't have a magic wand ... or would you like that we all pay higher taxes to provide more parking opportunities and give free parking to cityhall staff that directly and indirectly caused this mess in the first place ... cityhall staff (with authority to make or suggest change) often stay on but Mayor's come and go!

Posted on: 2014/11/29 0:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting read from the Hudson Reporter, Jan. 2009 about residency.

http://hudsonreporter.com/view/full_s ... ity-workers-to-live-here-

Posted on: 2014/11/29 0:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/28 17:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Many municipal employees do not live in JC or even in Hudson County, they use cars. If we do not provide parking, then they will be taking parking from residents who actually live in JC. It is in their contract for the city to provide parking. The mayor and city council have parking provided for them in the rear of city hall. It if hypocritical to say employees should not have parking when it is provided for elected officials.

First of all, it's not JC's or anybody else's problem that the municipal employees live outside JC or Hudson County.

Secondly, the municipal code specifically requires ALL employees, with some exceptions for those who work in the JC facility that is located in Bayonne (I forget what that is), to LIVE in Jersey City. But of course the city chooses not to enforce that law. Something the city agreed to not enforce under the terms of a union contract, which I think is ridiculous. The city now enforces the law about backflow preventers, why can't they enforce this residency law?

I really don't have much of a problem with providing parking for the mayor and city council at city hall. That's how it works in most municipalities. The mayor needs to get in and out of city hall quickly during the day and should not have to waste time finding parking (and I believed that even when that loser Healy was mayor). Council members come from their districts to council meetings. But providing parking for all city employees should not be a requirement, and where city employees choose to live is their problem.

Posted on: 2014/11/28 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Hospital staff have to pay for parking too ... no silver spoon service for employees there !

At least there is available parking for hospital staff, when JC eliminates parking for its employees, there will be no private parking lots, the employees will be taking parking from residents. Both Christ Hospital and JCMC have lots for parking. It the reason Chico wants residents to turn their front yards into parking. The city is not doing its job of providing municipal parking. The reality is, people have lives that involve taking children to doctors/dentists and when they return home their is no parking.

Posted on: 2014/11/28 13:17

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017