Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i saw an interesting and intelligent opinion from pharrell on this matter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11 ... n-bullyish_n_6226960.html

Posted on: 2014/11/27 20:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Hey, it's Thanksgiving, I'll go and celebrate the rest of the day and stay out of politics, enjoy EVERYONE!

Posted on: 2014/11/27 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Nancy, why should the prosecutors 'want' an indictment?

Isn't that prejudging?

Of course it is. Prosecutors want a grand jury to determine whether or not there is a possibility a crime was committed so that it can go to trial.

That's all their responsibility is, and they fulfilled it.

Posted on: 2014/11/27 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Nancy Grace, famed trauma doctor and forensic doctor!

The salient points have been proven by the forensic investigators and autopsy reports, as well as credible eyewitnesses. What Nancy Grace, or Rush Limbaugh, or Rachel Maddow opine doesn't carry any weight, nor should it. Even less weight should be paid to the obvious race-baiters.

The haters will get their way when the NYC cops get indicted for the death of the morbidly obese, career criminal, arrest resisting guy from Staten Island. Of course, rioting may still happen here if those cops get a fair trial as well.

Nancy carries more weight than you, and JCboy. Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted on: 2014/11/27 14:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Nancy Grace, famed trauma doctor and forensic doctor!

The salient points have been proven by the forensic investigators and autopsy reports, as well as credible eyewitnesses. What Nancy Grace, or Rush Limbaugh, or Rachel Maddow opine doesn't carry any weight, nor should it. Even less weight should be paid to the obvious race-baiters.

The haters will get their way when the NYC cops get indicted for the death of the morbidly obese, career criminal, arrest resisting guy from Staten Island. Of course, rioting may still happen here if those cops get a fair trial as well.

Posted on: 2014/11/27 13:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Nancy Grace joined CNN?s Brooke Baldwin to discuss the Ferguson grand jury decision Wednesday afternoon and she had a lot to say about Officer Darren Wilson?s version of the story, which has finally come out through his testimony and interviews. According to her, the whole thing ?doesn?t add up.?

?When people say, it does not add up, I will tell you what doesn?t add up, these photos,? Grace said, holding up copies pictures of Wilson?s face after the shooting. ?I?ve looked at a them, I?ve studied them, and I was expecting to see his face mangled.? She added, ?He doesn?t even have a bruise. right? It?s red. He?s got a red mark!?

?Look, do you know how many times I have sided against a cop?? Grace asked. ?Never. But to me, this is bigger than a badge. And I don?t like speaking out against a cop, but this doesn?t add up.?

Later, when Baldwin asked Grace if the grand jurors should have questioned Wilson?s story more, she said it was the prosecutor who failed, not the jurors. ?The grand jurors are like sheep, they?re babes in the woods. The prosecutor?s duty is to seek the truth,? she said. ?I am telling you that the prosecutors, if they want an indictment, they will get an indictment.?

Finally, Grace questioned Wilson?s assertion that all he wanted to do in the moment of the shooting was ?live.? She said, ?If you wanted to live, then put the pedal to the metal and drive when the guy is trying to jump in your car and grab your gun!?

More

Posted on: 2014/11/27 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Pebble, you haven't embarrassed yourself enough already? It's elsewhere in your link that Wilson testified Brown grabbed his gun and prevented the first shots from firing. You know, the thing that you keep lying by saying it never happened?

Because I had to manually type that last quote from court documents in your link and don't feel like typing more, I will quote from another article.

Then, according to the transcript, Brown grabbed his gun, and "my firearm was in his control around my hand."

Wilson managed to redirect the weapon toward Brown so that it was "somewhat lined up with his silhouette and pulled the trigger" twice, but "nothing happened" ? apparently because Brown had jammed his fingers between the hammer and the slide, preventing the gun from firing, Wilson said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mich ... ntent-killing-him-n255521

Make no mistake, my moron comment was properly directed. The one thing I'll give you credit for is you are good at acting like you know what you're talking about. But you don't, at least not in this thread given the many falsehoods you have stated. Please try educating yourself a bit.

Bottom line, white or black, don't act like a complete violent thug and you won't get shot.

Posted on: 2014/11/27 4:30

Edited by JCMan8 on 2014/11/27 4:52:53
Edited by JCMan8 on 2014/11/27 4:54:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
It would not be fair to pin 150 years of grievance on DW, the shooting is the tip of the iceberg and the real problems are what's underneath.

Agreed. And I think our justice system should be visibly above reproach with no preconditions. We've a little way to go to get there.

It's not about agreeing the DW outcome - that's a no-win conversation all around. It's about getting buy-in to the process going forward.

Posted on: 2014/11/27 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
To me, there's the Ferguson incident and then there's the history behind the anger. Two different things, no? One can argue about the shooting in a vacuum, and that's why there was no indictment from the Grand Jury. Then you can take the context of the shooting in history, and all the baggage that comes with it.

It would not be fair to pin 150 years of grievance on DW, the shooting is the tip of the iceberg and the real problems are what's underneath.

There are many questions - the attitude of young black men towards LEO, the militarization of cops, when and what situations is deadly force justified, and dozens of other points

Hopefully these structural and systemic issues are addressed, both in LEO and the black community

Posted on: 2014/11/27 2:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Like it or not, due process was followed in deciding whether or not to indict Officer Wilson. A well-established process at that. I doubt there's any chance of a 'do-over' in this specific case. Hounding Officer Wilson serves no purpose.

But given the conflicts of interest - the state obviously had a large stake in the grand jury's decision - it's understandable why people might think the decision was tainted and true "justice" hasn't been served.

Wishful Thinking I think posted a good question - which I took to mean how do we improve things. I think opening the books on the evidence presented to the grand jury was a great first step in making the process more transparent. I also think there's got to be a way of flagging state/prosecutor conflicts of interest early enough in the process so an alternative process can kick in - for example having the case handled at a federal level.

In the words of Lord Hewart "Not only must Justice be done; it must also be seen to be done". I think that's missing in this case.

If the process is broken - let's work on fixing it.

Posted on: 2014/11/27 1:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
One person says the sun rises from the east. Another person says the sun rises from the west. These aren't 'conflicting', one is incorrect and is either a lie or insanity.

People saying they saw Brown shot in the back aren't in conflict with another witness, they're in conflict with the truth. And, properly, should be dismissed given that THREE SEPARATE AUTOPSIES, INCLUDING ONE COMMISSIONED BY BROWN'S FAMILY, disproved it.

Posted on: 2014/11/27 0:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

A lot conflicting reports...

Posted on: 2014/11/27 0:04
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I don?t think your reading comprehension is very good because your argument is that Brown?s hand on the gun is the cause for the gun not going off. I asked specifically for where Wilson makes this statement. The FBI testimony is hearsay. It is a second hand account of what Wilson stated. So, we now have Wilson?s statement to the FBI agent and Wilson?s statement itself. You continue to argue something you cannot prove?
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Somebody is awfully angry about having it pointed out that they are wrong.

If you are going to make a claim, provide the quote. I provided Wilson's. Wilson's statement says that he pulled the trigger and gun didn't go off. He does not state that Brown's superhuman strength prevented the hammer from cocking. Your reference to the FBI agents comments also does not confirm what you are saying. The agent says the gun did not go off and that Wilson's statements at the time was that Brown's hand was on the gun. Neither person is claiming that Brown's bare hands prevented the firing.

I don't know if you've ever fired a gun, but I have. A human grip cannot prevent a gun from firing. Your supposition is not based in reality.

You may not like my assessment of what occurred, but the only person proving that they know dick about the case is the one you see in the mirror.

I'm upset that I am speaking to someone so woefully ignorant about the facts it isn't even funny. You are simply spreading lies. I don't like to call names, but in this case you truly are a moron.

From your link, the FBI Agent's testimony to the Grand Jury:

" Q. And then did he say which hand or hands Michael Brown had on the gun?

A. I don't believe I wrote which hand or heard which hand.

Q. Okay. So you don't recall if he said which hand he had on the gun?

A. I don't.

Q. But does he describe that they were both struggling over the gun at this point?

A. Yes.

Q. Does he describe where Michael Brown's hand or hands are on the gun?

A. He said, if he's holding the gun, he did this motion where his hand was overtop holding, Michael Brown's hand was over the gun, grabbing onto Wilson's hand . . .

A. He pointed at Brown's body through the door, pulled the trigger and nothing happened, the gun did not go off.

Officer Wilson attempted to pull the trigger again and nothing happened. Officer Wilson pulled the trigger a third time and the gun fired through the door, driver door panel. The window being down, glass flew everywhere.

I'm sorry, Brown's right hand was on the gun when it fired.
"

Highlight the specific statement that says ?Brown holding the gun caused the gun to jam.? Prove your thesis.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
You are also lying to say that Wilson never said Brown's hand was on the gun, as he did testify to this as well. You provide a tiny snippet that the Washington Post decided to publish and act like that is all he said on the matter. Like I said, I'm dealing with a moron, so I make this post to educate the others on this forum.

Once again, you can?t even do the basic statement of reading what is actually written. Quote me where I stated that Wilson never said Brown?s hand was on the gun. Quote it.

My statement was pure fact: There were no fingerprint tests on the gun to determine whether or not Wilson?s claim is accurate. This isn?t up for debate or even argument. If you are stating otherwise, I?m embarrassed for you.

Since I have, yet again, proven you wrong for the third consecutive time, would you like to recast the whole ?moron? character? Check the mirror, son.

Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[quote]

I don't know if you've ever fired a gun, but I have. A human grip cannot prevent a gun from firing. Your supposition is not based in reality.

It can if the hammer is being blocked (the Sig Sauer P226 has an external hammer). Or if the slide is being pushed out of battery.

Also if you do fire one round and Brown's hand was gripped tight on the slide, the next round will not be chambered. Until the slide was manually pulled back, ejecting the spent round, chambering the new one, Wilson would have just kept pulling the trigger with nothing happening.

Wilson does not state the Brown?s hand is on the gun when he later misfires. He is only stating that the hand was on the gun when it doesn?t fire the first time. However, it fired, Brown backed off and then the gun wouldn?t discharge again until he manually loaded the slide. None of that sounds as though Brown was able to override the firing mechanism. It sounds like the gun malfunctioned.

The question of whether Brown?s hands were on the gun remains. The questions about why the police performed the investigation so poorly also remains.

Posted on: 2014/11/26 23:58
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[quote]

It can if the hammer is being blocked (the Sig Sauer P226 has an external hammer). Or if the slide is being pushed out of battery.

Also if you do fire one round and Brown's hand was gripped tight on the slide, the next round will not be chambered. Until the slide was manually pulled back, ejecting the spent round, chambering the new one, Wilson would have just kept pulling the trigger with nothing happening.

Posted on: 2014/11/26 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

If you are going to make a claim, provide the quote. I provided Wilson's. Wilson's statement says that he pulled the trigger and gun didn't go off. He does not state that Brown's superhuman strength prevented the hammer from cocking. Your reference to the FBI agents comments also does not confirm what you are saying. The agent says the gun did not go off and that Wilson's statements at the time was that Brown's hand was on the gun. Neither person is claiming that Brown's bare hands prevented the firing.

You may not like my assessment of what occurred, but the only person proving that they know dick about the case is the one you see in the mirror.

I'm upset that I am speaking to someone so woefully ignorant about the facts it isn't even funny. You are simply spreading lies. I don't like to call names, but in this case you truly are a moron.

From your link, the FBI Agent's testimony to the Grand Jury:

" Q. And then did he say which hand or hands Michael Brown had on the gun?

A. I don't believe I wrote which hand or heard which hand.

Q. Okay. So you don't recall if he said which hand he had on the gun?

A. I don't.

Q. But does he describe that they were both struggling over the gun at this point?

A. Yes.

Q. Does he describe where Michael Brown's hand or hands are on the gun?

A. He said, if he's holding the gun, he did this motion where his hand was overtop holding, Michael Brown's hand was over the gun, grabbing onto Wilson's hand . . .

A. He pointed at Brown's body through the door, pulled the trigger and nothing happened, the gun did not go off.

Officer Wilson attempted to pull the trigger again and nothing happened. Officer Wilson pulled the trigger a third time and the gun fired through the door, driver door panel. The window being down, glass flew everywhere.

I'm sorry, Brown's right hand was on the gun when it fired.
"

You are also lying to say that Wilson never said Brown's hand was on the gun, as he did testify to this as well. You provide a tiny snippet that the Washington Post decided to publish and act like that is all he said on the matter. Like I said, I'm dealing with a moron, so I make this post to educate the others on this forum.

Posted on: 2014/11/26 22:49

Edited by JCMan8 on 2014/11/26 23:07:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
There is no evidence to back up the statement that Brown tried to wrestle the gun away from the officer. Police officers on the scene allowed Wilson to hold onto the gun because they stated that Wilson had control of the weapon the entire time.

There is strong evidence of a struggle:

Wilson got punch in the face.

Resized Image

One round was fired that went through the Wilson's car door (from the inside).

A second round was fired that grazed Brown's thumb.

The gun failing to fire when the trigger was pulled would likely be caused by two things:
1. Brown had his hand blocking the hammer.
2. Brown had his hand on the gun, pushing the slide out of battery. You would get a click from the trigger pull, but as long as the slide was being pushed back, the gun would not fire. This is why some security personnel carry revolvers still as they don't have this problem in close quarter combat.

If anyone wants to look at the evidence presented to teh grand jury, you can find it here:

http://apps.stlpublicradio.org/ferguson-project/evidence.html

Nobody is stating that there wasn't a struggle. The question is whether Brown reached for the gun. Sadly, the police botched this. They never confiscated the gun at the scene and they did not check it for fingerprints.

Nobody, Wilson included, is saying that Brown's hand on the gun prevented the gun from going off. I will also request that you re-read this portion of Wilson's testimony:
"I pull it again, it just clicked again. I pulled it a third time, it [went] off ? he kind of stepped back ? and had the most intense aggressive face. He comes back me again with his hands up. I tried to pull the trigger again, click. Without even looking, I just grab the top of my gun, the slide and I racked it, and ? I pulled the trigger again, it goes off."

If Brown's hands are up, as Wilson states they are, they are clearly not on the gun when he pulls the trigger again and the gun doesn't go off. Brown's hands are also not on the gun preventing Wilson from grabbing the top of his gun, the slide, and racking it.

Brown's thumb was grazed by a bullet. Given the information about Brown's blood being inside the car, it is likely that his hand was inside the car when it was shot. However, that doesn't prove that Brown actually grabbed for the gun. It only proves that his hands were in the car, which was previously established.

Posted on: 2014/11/26 22:46
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Your post is also the first location that I read where it claims that Brown?s hand on the gun is the reason it did not go off. Even Wilson didn?t claim that.

It is the first location that you read because you have proved you are utterly uninformed about the facts of the case. It is obvious you read a couple of soundbites and formed a useless opinion, spouting misinformation in this thread. Since your ignorance of the facts is obvious, there isn't much point responding to you any more.

I'll give you a hint as to where you can read more about what actually happened: try reading your own link.

That's right, go to your Washington Post link, go to the section about the fight inside the cop car, and look at what the FBI agent has to say. Click on "see original document" and try spending two seconds to inform yourself of the facts, instead of spouting out bullshit talking points. Then maybe you won't look so foolish next time.

Posted on: 2014/11/26 22:38
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
There is no evidence to back up the statement that Brown tried to wrestle the gun away from the officer. Police officers on the scene allowed Wilson to hold onto the gun because they stated that Wilson had control of the weapon the entire time.

There is strong evidence of a struggle:

Wilson got punch in the face.

Resized Image

One round was fired that went through the Wilson's car door (from the inside).

A second round was fired that grazed Brown's thumb.

The gun failing to fire when the trigger was pulled would likely be caused by two things:
1. Brown had his hand blocking the hammer.
2. Brown had his hand on the gun, pushing the slide out of battery. You would get a click from the trigger pull, but as long as the slide was being pushed back, the gun would not fire. This is why some security personnel carry revolvers still as they don't have this problem in close quarter combat.

Brown's blood was found on both the Wilson's firearm and on the car door. This backs up Wilson's testimony that he did graze Brown during the struggle.

If anyone wants to look at the evidence presented to the grand jury, you can find it here:

http://apps.stlpublicradio.org/ferguson-project/evidence.html

Posted on: 2014/11/26 22:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
One of which was giving Obama props!

Posted on: 2014/11/26 22:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
ie, 10 of the 75 responses were from our good friend Monroe

Posted on: 2014/11/26 22:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I can always tell by the thread title if Monroe will be all over it, theory confirmed

Posted on: 2014/11/26 22:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Your post is also the first location that I read where it claims that Brown?s hand on the gun is the reason it did not go off. Even Wilson didn?t claim that.

It is the first location that you read because you have proved you are utterly uninformed about the facts of the case. It is obvious you read a couple of soundbites and formed a useless opinion, spouting misinformation in this thread. Since your ignorance of the facts is obvious, there isn't much point responding to you any more.

I'll give you a hint as to where you can read more about what actually happened: try reading your own link.

That's right, go to your Washington Post link, go to the section about the fight inside the cop car, and look at what the FBI agent has to say. Click on "see original document" and try spending two seconds to inform yourself of the facts, instead of spouting out bullshit talking points. Then maybe you won't look so foolish next time.

Posted on: 2014/11/26 21:57

The beloved Times published Darren Wilson's home street name
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/11 21:52
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/26 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The sad part is that if he'd really had his hands in the air and said 'Don't shoot' he'd still be alive today.

Posted on: 2014/11/26 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
I think you fail to grasp the very nature of this case.
If you plan to make this argument, you should prepare to present evidence demonstrating as such. For examples, see above about the paucity of fingerprint testing on Wilson?s gun.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
A cop is entitled to use deadly force against a 6'4" 300 pound violent robber who attacked him and tried to grab his gun.

There is no evidence demonstrating that Brown grabbed the gun. The only person that states as such is Wilson. No fingerprint test was ever performed on the gun to see if Brown had grabbed it.

You are also wildly incorrect about the use of deadly force. The requirement in Missouri is that the officer must feel his life is threatened. That could be the result of being assaulted or an officer that is 6?4? and 210lbs might think that he isn?t all that threatened by a guy falling down from several bullets.

The fact is, the final death shot came while Michael Brown was crouched over. The entry was in the top of his head, not his "demonic" face.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
During the initial struggle, Wilson actually had to pull the trigger three times to fire, as Brown's hand was on the gun, preventing the first two shots from going off.

Nothing you wrote here is backed up by any physical evidence. Your post is also the first location that I read where it claims that Brown?s hand on the gun is the reason it did not go off. Even Wilson didn?t claim that.

As evidence that you don?t really know what you?re talking about. Here?s Wilson?s testimony:

"I pulled trigger and nothing happens, it just clicked," he said. "I pull it again, it just clicked again. I pulled it a third time, it [went] off ? he kind of stepped back ? and had the most intense aggressive face. He comes back me again with his hands up. I tried to pull the trigger again, click. Without even looking, I just grab the top of my gun, the slide and I racked it, and ? I pulled the trigger again, it goes off."

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
We also have a racist lynch mob who immediately started rioting and looting after the shooting solely because Brown was black and the cop white. In their view, there is no set of circumstances that could justify shooting him, even if he did try to attack the police.

And nobody is condoning this. So what is your point?

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Moral of the story is black or white, don't violently rob stores, don't walk down the middle of the street as if you own it, don't attack police, and don't try to steal their gun. Then you won't get shot.

You assume facts that aren?t in evidence. You dictate a storyline to fit an agenda.

I?m sorry, but you are still missing the gist of what I wrote before. The police acted improperly in the aftermath. The DA acted improperly during the grand jury. The officer lied on the stand. Whether the shooting was justified or not, why does none of that bother you?

Posted on: 2014/11/26 21:07
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
The verdict was not based on evidence and it's all a conspiracy ... and it was the guy behind the bushy knoll.

Nobody said the verdict wasn't based on evidence or lack-there-of. What people are rightly pointing out is that the DA did something that no other grand jury does; he gave the defendant a platform to narrate a story that wasn't wholly accurate.

If the DA wanted to indict, he'd have presented the case for an indictment. Instead he presented a tit-for-tat account and then asked for nothing. There is a reason that out of 162,000 federal grand juries last year, only 11 did not indict. While this wasn't a federal grand jury, the argument for an indictment could have been made but wasn't.

ThinkProgress: Justice Scalia Explains What Was Wrong With The Ferguson Grand Jury
(Opinion piece that uses settled case law to explain their case.)

Posted on: 2014/11/26 20:55
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

I never blamed Wilson for the reports about the fractured eye, just as I don?t blame Brown for the initial reports that his hands were up or the statements saying ?don?t shoot.? From all the accounts of the grand jury, those testimonies were not used.

They were "used" and found to be not credible.

It was revealed that several witnesses testified before the grand jury that Brown put his arms up to surrender. However none of these witnesses said this to police when they were first interviewed. These witnesses then admitted to the grand jury that many of them were actually not present for the shooting and simply repeated what others heard or what they assumed happened.

In other words, they admitted lying. Other witnesses lied by saying Brown was shot in the back. This is why, objectively, these witnesses were not credible. Meanwhile, seven independent credible black witnesses gave testimony supporting Officer Wilson.

The fact is that Brown was a violent criminal. The fact is that all agreed he fought with the police. The autopsy proved that Brown's initial gunshot wound was at close range, which combined with the testimony from several witnesses, was enough to establish that Brown tried grabbing Officer Wilson's gun.

This violent scumbag is the very last person who should be considered a martyr. Racism, people only supporting him because of the color of his skin, is the only reason he has any support.

He fought with the officer, but to what degree? You don't know. What we do know is that the DA sold the case and didn't perform his job. We know for a fact that Officer Wilson lied while on the stand. We know for a fact that the police made a multitude of mistakes.

Brown isn't a martyr. He's not even a good kid. However, why should the police be allowed to arbitrarily dish out justice?

I think you fail to grasp the very nature of the issue. A police officer was able to gun down a person and instead of allowing procedure to play out, police closed ranks, skirted due process, ignored protocol and had a very friendly District Attorney assist them.

I think you fail to grasp the very nature of this case. A cop is entitled to use deadly force against a 6'4" 300 pound violent robber who attacked him and tried to grab his gun. During the initial struggle, Wilson actually had to pull the trigger three times to fire, as Brown's hand was on the gun, preventing the first two shots from going off.

We also have a racist lynch mob who immediately started rioting and looting after the shooting solely because Brown was black and the cop white. In their view, there is no set of circumstances that could justify shooting him, even if he did try to attack the police.

Moral of the story is black or white, don't violently rob stores, don't walk down the middle of the street as if you own it, don't attack police, and don't try to steal their gun. Then you won't get shot.

Posted on: 2014/11/26 20:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The verdict was not based on evidence and it's all a conspiracy ... and it was the guy behind the bushy knoll.

Posted on: 2014/11/26 20:49
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The pot calling the kettle black. What a Fcuking idiot.

Posted on: 2014/11/26 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
... people will somehow have to rebel against the race-baiting media...

Yawn.

Posted on: 2014/11/26 20:26
Dos A Cero

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact