Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Large racial disparity in arrests in Hudson County: report
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

If blacks are arrested disproportionately compared to whites on suspicion of certain crimes, that's one - solve-able - problem.

If blacks are arrested disproportionately because they fit the description of the subject, that's an entirely different problem, needing a different solution.

Nailed it. This is a very salient, spot on point. It's a shame some people are too f*cking ignorant (Ya hear me Old Skool?) to actually examine a topic and all of its nuances and discuss them with intelligence.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Thanks for the link, this in depth article from the NY Daily News sports section really illuminated the original article and put it in perspective me.
Your powerful rhetoric has convinced me, i am now a full blon racist.
Sieg heil.

To everyone else, if you just stick your heads up your own asses, ignore any and all counter points and just label every counter argument as "RACIST!!" you too can be a complete and utter moron like Old Skool.

Don't you have some white people to demonize somewhere?

Posted on: 2014/11/22 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Since the war on poverty began in 1965 USA taxpayers have sent over 18 trillion dollars to fight the problem. For those who point to the actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, this sum is more than twice the amount the USA has spent on all wars from the Revolutionary War until the present.

Money surely isn't the problem. The breakdown in the family unit is much more damaging. When over 70% of black kids are born into single parent families the problems are manifest. And the government can't do anything about that.

There's also a HUGE cultural issue that everyone absolutely refuses to address. One of the aspects of that is exactly what we see in the original article: that crime isn't the fault of the criminal but of the "society" that didn't provide enough so that the criminal decided to do other things instead. Of course, the single parent households (as you correctly note above), acceptability of having children when you can't adequately provide for them, focus on identity politics as the most important issue rather than on important things that actually might be productive, are all noteworthy.

Here is a perfect example of these cultural factors in action.

http://fox6now.com/2014/11/18/the-mon ... ve-taken-back-their-deal/

Posted on: 2014/11/21 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
I can't help but think about the late Ben Bradlee, and the acclaim he got not only for the Watergate reportage, but his leadership in resolve the scandal over the false report on a young heroin addict.

Where is the newsman/woman who can take on difficult issues today?

That's not what readers want anymore. Everything is split along the two party system, with many rabidly supporting one position or the other, increasingly along ethnic lines.

Posted on: 2014/11/21 19:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I can't help but think about the late Ben Bradlee, and the acclaim he got not only for the Watergate reportage, but his leadership in resolve the scandal over the false report on a young heroin addict.

Where is the newsman/woman who can take on difficult issues today?

Posted on: 2014/11/21 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
I agree to a point, but one of us tries to shift the blame and put it on society, and I believe in personal responsibility.

Posted on: 2014/11/21 19:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
So once again we can enjoy our favorite virtual cage fight, with 'monroe' representing the conservative faction on one end, and 'old-skoo'l representing the radical liberal faction on the other!

What bothers me is that while the original article points out explaining the causality is difficult, none of the reporters even bother to try! This issue is deserving of hard-hitting investigative reporting, as there doubtless is a reason, or maybe more than one cause. All of them are problems and I as an informed voter rely on the news to get to the bottom of things.

If blacks are arrested disproportionately compared to whites on suspicion of certain crimes, that's one - solve-able - problem.

If blacks are arrested disproportionately because they fit the description of the subject, that's an entirely different problem, needing a different solution.

Posted on: 2014/11/21 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Thanks for the link, this in depth article from the NY Daily News sports section really illuminated the original article and put it in perspective me.
Sieg heil.

Actually, Peterson is a perfect illustration of the backstory. He has several half brothers, as his father had children by several different women. The dad did time for drug money laundering, and one of his half-brothers was murdered in a drug deal. And Peterson is said to have used his non-profit foundation to pay for an orgy with multiple women and his underage brother! At least three of his six children by six baby mama's live scattered across the country. Those poor kids don't have a chance.

Yes, it's right on point about the problems inner city kids face through the bad choices of their parents.

Posted on: 2014/11/21 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Child abuser, NFL suspended star Adrian Peterson, today stated he no longer will beat any of his six children by six different mothers with a tree switch. Progress?

The fact that he ever thought it would be acceptable to do that highlights a major deficiency. Or Michael Vick acting like "he didn't know better." None of that should be tolerated.

Posted on: 2014/11/21 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
I don't know if I trust that guy, he fired one of his officers just for shooting a homeless nig to death.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
The Milwaukee Police Chief has something to say about the imbeciles who protest the "racial disparity" referenced in the original post.

"If some of the people gave a good goddamn about the victimization of people in this community by crime, I'd take some of their invective more seriously."

Flynn noted that each year in Milwaukee, 80 percent of homicide victims, 85 percent of aggravated assault victims and 80 percent of shooting victims who survive shootings are African-American.

Good on him for speaking the truth.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/11/post_538.html

Posted on: 2014/11/21 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Sieg heil.

Posted on: 2014/11/21 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
The Milwaukee Police Chief has something to say about the imbeciles who protest the "racial disparity" referenced in the original post.

"If some of the people gave a good goddamn about the victimization of people in this community by crime, I'd take some of their invective more seriously."

Flynn noted that each year in Milwaukee, 80 percent of homicide victims, 85 percent of aggravated assault victims and 80 percent of shooting victims who survive shootings are African-American.

Good on him for speaking the truth.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/11/post_538.html

Posted on: 2014/11/21 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/21 18:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Monroe post.

Posted on: 2014/11/21 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Child abuser, NFL suspended star Adrian Peterson, today stated he no longer will beat any of his six children by six different mothers with a tree switch. Progress?

Posted on: 2014/11/21 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Since the war on poverty began in 1965 USA taxpayers have sent over 18 trillion dollars to fight the problem. For those who point to the actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, this sum is more than twice the amount the USA has spent on all wars from the Revolutionary War until the present.

Money surely isn't the problem. The breakdown in the family unit is much more damaging. When over 70% of black kids are born into single parent families the problems are manifest. And the government can't do anything about that.

There's also a HUGE cultural issue that everyone absolutely refuses to address. One of the aspects of that is exactly what we see in the original article: that crime isn't the fault of the criminal but of the "society" that didn't provide enough so that the criminal decided to do other things instead. Of course, the single parent households (as you correctly note above), acceptability of having children when you can't adequately provide for them, focus on identity politics as the most important issue rather than on important things that actually might be productive, are all noteworthy.

Posted on: 2014/11/21 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/21 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Gee, what could be the cause? It MUST be because white people are racist and/or have failed black people. Has to be. If you suggest anything else you are a sheet wearing racist.

I've come up with the solution. The next time a black man commits a crime, the police should arrest a white man instead. We'll be on the path to true equality before you know it!

Posted on: 2014/11/21 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Gee, what could be the cause? It MUST be because white people are racist and/or have failed black people. Has to be. If you suggest anything else you are a sheet wearing racist.

Posted on: 2014/11/21 15:58

Large racial disparity in arrests in Hudson County: report
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
When it comes to racially lopsided arrests, the most remarkable thing about Ferguson, Mo., might be just how ordinary it is.

Police in Ferguson ? which erupted into days of racially charged unrest after a white officer killed an unarmed black teen ? arrest black people at a rate nearly three times higher than people of other races.

At least 1,581 other police departments across the USA arrest black people at rates even more skewed than in Ferguson, a USA TODAY analysis of arrest records shows. That includes departments in cities as large and diverse as Chicago and San Francisco and in the suburbs that encircle St. Louis, New York and Detroit.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/na ... ck-arrest-rates/19043207/
Those disparities are easier to measure than they are to explain. They could be a reflection of biased policing; they could just as easily be a byproduct of the vast economic and educational gaps that persist across much of the USA ? factors closely tied to crime rates. In other words, experts said, the fact that such disparities exist does little to explain their causes.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_finds.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/11/19 20:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017