Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Women Begging with Children on NYC Streets
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
also, i heard that people begging for money with their dogs have often stolen the dog.

Posted on: 2014/11/18 4:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/18 2:46
Group:
Registered Users
These people are professional panhandlers. Some of them use children and others put their bodies into very handicap forms to make more money. I remember reading a story about a guy over 15 years ago who used to beg by the Lincoln Tunnel entrance around 41st & 10 in NYC. They ran a story on him and found out that he lived in a very nice home in nice NJ town. He used to pull in more than 20-30K just during holiday season part time!

Posted on: 2014/11/18 4:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
The more pitiful looking the person is, the more likely she is to feed off the generosity of others. I'm sure they maim their children just to increase $ potential.

Posted on: 2014/11/18 0:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/17 21:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Completely astonished this is not against the law in New York City.

Posted on: 2014/11/13 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Ugh I remember when I went to Rome years ago they were everywhere. My friend from Italy had to tell me to ignore them several times. Some had puppies, kittens and kids with them.

Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
This happens in Rome with the gypsies all the time.

Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Forgive me for posting a non JC-centric story, but this bothered me so much, I had to speak up.

The news report last night stated that no one had yet made a complaint to the police or ACS (NY's DYFS equivalent) or they would investigate. These children are being put in extreme physical and psychological danger (link to full story below).

----------------------------------------------

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/ ... dewalk-Beg-282332001.html

I-Team: Women Panhandling With Babies on NYC Streets Swap Kids, Refuse City Handouts in Possible Coordinated Scheme

By Melissa Russo

A group of women is using infants and toddlers to panhandle on the streets and subway platforms of Manhattan in what appears to be a coordinated effort, and they consistently refuse city services that could help them, an NBC 4 New York I-Team investigation has found.

Over the past month, the I-Team has documented at least nine women spending long days begging with babies, mostly on midtown sidewalks. The women commute together, splitting up to beg for money. They change their children?s diapers on the pavement and display signs claiming they?re jobless or hungry.

During the day, some of the women meet for lunch. At night, the I-Team has spotted groups of them meeting at Grand Central Terminal where they travel via the C train to the same building in East New York, Brooklyn.

Link to Story

Posted on: 2014/11/13 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
What's just as bad are those ass-wipe chuggers employed by charity organizations in NY.
Sometimes they float across to NJ / JC, they are persistent and able to use their specific training to make you feel guilty for not giving money.

The latest I've heard is some will even employ tourists and recruit from backpacker hangouts.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chugger

Posted on: 2014/11/13 4:05
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 22:25
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I saw the story on Channel 4.

Appears that these women were here illegally. They need to be deported.
Lets get immigrants that want to be constructive to our society here.
These women do not belong here,

Posted on: 2014/11/13 3:12

Edited by my2cents on 2014/11/13 3:40:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Roma is correct... this is very common in Europe. Generally they stay off the grid... but it is just another street scam.

Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Gypsies, or Roma. I first started noticing them on the subway a few years ago when before you hardly ever saw them in NYC. They're everywhere in Europe, and if you've lived there for any amount of time, you learn to spot them pretty quickly. They don't send their kids to school and start training them when they're pretty young to be ninja pickpockets. The money gets turned over to the head of their clan - kinda like an organized crime family. Needless to say, I absolutely refuse to give to them. If you really want to help destitute women and children, there are legit charities you can give to.

Posted on: 2014/11/13 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Gypsies, or Roma. I first started noticing them on the subway a few years ago when before you hardly ever saw them in NYC. They're everywhere in Europe, and if you've lived there for any amount of time, you learn to spot them pretty quickly. They don't send their kids to school and start training them when they're pretty young to be ninja pickpockets. The money gets turned over to the head of their clan - kinda like an organized crime family. Needless to say, I absolutely refuse to give to them. If you really want to help destitute women and children, there are legit charities you can give to.

Posted on: 2014/11/12 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
This scam is old and happens in big cities everywhere...

Pregnant woman begging with young boy photographed riding off in Mercedes-Benz

Posted on: 2014/11/12 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Child endangerment 101 - Call the cops and the family will be accessed to whether the mother is able or capable to raise her kids - Sounds like all involved would be better off if the kids were in foster care !

If its a scam, then they will disappear really fast.

Posted on: 2014/11/12 23:27
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
This happens in Rome with the gypsies all the time.

Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Forgive me for posting a non JC-centric story, but this bothered me so much, I had to speak up.

The news report last night stated that no one had yet made a complaint to the police or ACS (NY's DYFS equivalent) or they would investigate. These children are being put in extreme physical and psychological danger (link to full story below).

I-Team: Women Panhandling With Babies on NYC Streets Swap Kids, Refuse City Handouts in Possible Coordinated Scheme

By Melissa Russo

A group of women is using infants and toddlers to panhandle on the streets and subway platforms of Manhattan in what appears to be a coordinated effort, and they consistently refuse city services that could help them, an NBC 4 New York I-Team investigation has found.

Over the past month, the I-Team has documented at least nine women spending long days begging with babies, mostly on midtown sidewalks. The women commute together, splitting up to beg for money. They change their children?s diapers on the pavement and display signs claiming they?re jobless or hungry.

During the day, some of the women meet for lunch. At night, the I-Team has spotted groups of them meeting at Grand Central Terminal where they travel via the C train to the same building in East New York, Brooklyn.

Link to Story

Posted on: 2014/11/12 23:19

Women Begging with Children on NYC Streets
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

By Melissa Russo

Link to Story

Posted on: 2014/11/12 23:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017