Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Shia Muharram Procession in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
I promise that when Christians start driving cars full of explosives into marketplaces full of Muslim women and kids, I will denounce them immediately. I wish you could promise me the same thing. It is a sad state of global affairs and too many people are denying reality.

Quote:

papadage wrote:
Then I guess your bigoted ass will be here to denounce every act of violence by every Christian, wherever it occurs. In the interest of expedience, you can do so once a month. Just let us know in advance so we can judge its sincerity.

Posted on: 2014/11/15 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Then I guess your bigoted ass will be here to denounce every act of violence by every Christian, wherever it occurs. In the interest of expedience, you can do so once a month. Just let us know in advance so we can judge its sincerity.

Posted on: 2014/11/14 23:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You are ignorant foolish prejudice troll... I have never heard a white person describe themselves as a "whitey" and those are my quotes... Outside of brave Muslims such as Waris Dirie or Noble Prize Winner Malala Yousafzai (Why is it always Muslim women who speak out about the Islamic war on women?) most risk life or limb from clerical issued fatwas. The Muslims can't even stop hating and killing themselves, why would I expect them to stop killing westerners? As I asked before, show me a legitimate Muslim organization (excluding 5th Columnist like CAIR) dedicated to peace and asking that the Shia and Sunni sects stop hating each other. Unfortunately they proficiently project that hate on the west.

Quote:

papadage wrote:
I guess that as a whitey, I am guilty of the sins of the Confederacy?

Why just Germans and not all white folk? You know that Muslims live across continents and span ethnicities, right?

What I remember from WWII and Germany is literally millions of members of the NAZI party, and extremely few speaking out, but that doing so was as good as a suicide pact.

And acting as if they do not denounce radicals is just another bigoted jab. Many Muslims go about denouncing violence, and claiming otherwise makes you full of shit.

Wear your hood proudly hoss.

Posted on: 2014/11/14 22:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
I guess that as a whitey, I am guilty of the sins of the Confederacy?

Why just Germans and not all white folk? You know that Muslims live across continents and span ethnicities, right?

What I remember from WWII and Germany is literally millions of members of the NAZI party, and extremely few speaking out, but that doing so was as good as a suicide pact.

And acting as if they do not denounce radicals is just another bigoted jab. Many Muslims go about denouncing violence, and claiming otherwise makes you full of shit.

Wear your hood proudly hoss.

Posted on: 2014/11/14 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

papadage wrote:
I get it. You're a bigot.

Don't all your examples - and lots of other examples of people doing hideous things in the name of religion - just prove that no religion has an exclusive on bad actors? There are lots of Muslims who have done horrible things; there are also lots of Muslims who sincerely believe in the teachings of the faith and want to live good, peaceful lives. Does the former group invalidate the latter group?

I think you quoted the wrong guy. I think you meant the bigot above.

But to elaborate for the bigot...

That says that some people can be terrible. Using that as an indictment of en entire religion or group of followers, the vast majority of whom have done no wrong is bigoted.

Are all Catholics implicated by the Church covering up for child molesting priests?

Are all Protestants guilty of the crimes of the KKK?

Are all Buddhists guilty of the violence perpetrated by those in Sri Lanka?

It's just a lazy way of covering for plain ole bigotry.

So by extension of your logic, I must be bigoted against Germans too??? Try to follow this thought through; if any sub-group sit by quietly other members of that group commit premeditated systematic criminal acts violence against civilized world, then they are inherently guilty of those crimes.(see Nuremberg Trials) In Nazi Germany the civilian population stayed quiet which led to the extermination of Non-Ayran types. To your Christian comments, members of those groups stood up to the leadership in defiance to stop the violence and seek justice for victims. We have yet to see any of that organizational activity within the Muslim World. Furthermore when I indicated that it would be difficult for me judge the intent of 1 Billion + Muslims, I did ask the original person Asif to condemn all the global Muslim violence in the holy name of Allah. Be the first! That person disappeared into the dark slimy blog sphere... but he did label me a bigot too! Until I see a change in that Muslim Group think, I still have a right to my opinion and I have a right to quietly walk away.

Posted on: 2014/11/14 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

papadage wrote:

Don't all your examples - and lots of other examples of people doing hideous things in the name of religion - just prove that no religion has an exclusive on bad actors? There are lots of Muslims who have done horrible things; there are also lots of Muslims who sincerely believe in the teachings of the faith and want to live good, peaceful lives. Does the former group invalidate the latter group?

I think you quoted the wrong guy. I think you meant the bigot above.

But to elaborate for the bigot...

That says that some people can be terrible. Using that as an indictment of en entire religion or group of followers, the vast majority of whom have done no wrong is bigoted.

Are all Catholics implicated by the Church covering up for child molesting priests?

Are all Protestants guilty of the crimes of the KKK?

Are all Buddhists guilty of the violence perpetrated by those in Sri Lanka?

It's just a lazy way of covering for plain ole bigotry.

Posted on: 2014/11/14 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/14 14:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/11/14 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Hmmm? let?s see murdering little girls in a church or mutilating young girls and selling them into marriages with older men; Serving "justice" by lynching/burning innocent black men or stoning people to death through Sharia Law; Murdering 3 young civil rights workers and burying their bodies in a dam or marching thousands into trenches and shooting them; Cutting off a retired woman's head tending to her backyard English garden or beating grandmothers trying to exercise their right to vote; ?. Not sure why you are asking me to equivocate evil. But if push comes to shove? which comes to a good old fashion Islamic beheading?. I guess you know where I am heading???

Quote:

AlexC wrote:
Really? You would compare this to the KKK?

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
I know enough to capitalize American... listen, I had no idea what that activity was about, even after living in the most diverse community in NJ for over a decade. Until I learn that the religion of peace has stopped honor killings, encouraging their kids to be bomb martyrs, murdering non-Islamic people, committing vicious "workplace violence acts", genital mutilation, suppression of women /education and enforcing justice via barbaric Sharia Law and along any number of other vicious acts in the name of Allah here in America, I have a right to wonder who they are and walk away. Harsh as it sounds, I would do the same thing at a Ku Klux Klan cross burning.
Quote:

Asif wrote:
I admit reading the reaction from certain posters who wrote they were "alarmed or scared" made me want to say "get a life"...but with some thought....i came to this simple conclusion.

What do those posters know about other religions and cultures? Where are they getting there news and information? Do they know any american muslims? Lets face it people have a right to feel what ever rises up from their depths even if i think.....they might need to chill.

I just hope that those who did feel that way do some research on their own or get to know the "other". Most won't but hey that's life.

And Heights...as usual your just a wannabe Fuehrer. There is no hope for u.

Posted on: 2014/11/14 5:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Really? You would compare this to the KKK?

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
I know enough to capitalize American... listen, I had no idea what that activity was about, even after living in the most diverse community in NJ for over a decade. Until I learn that the religion of peace has stopped honor killings, encouraging their kids to be bomb martyrs, murdering non-Islamic people, committing vicious "workplace violence acts", genital mutilation, suppression of women /education and enforcing justice via barbaric Sharia Law and along any number of other vicious acts in the name of Allah here in America, I have a right to wonder who they are and walk away. Harsh as it sounds, I would do the same thing at a Ku Klux Klan cross burning.
Quote:

Asif wrote:
I admit reading the reaction from certain posters who wrote they were "alarmed or scared" made me want to say "get a life"...but with some thought....i came to this simple conclusion.

What do those posters know about other religions and cultures? Where are they getting there news and information? Do they know any american muslims? Lets face it people have a right to feel what ever rises up from their depths even if i think.....they might need to chill.

I just hope that those who did feel that way do some research on their own or get to know the "other". Most won't but hey that's life.

Posted on: 2014/11/14 3:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MidwestTransplant wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
do all "farmboys" spell Muslims as "Mooslims"?

Just the ones making fun of people being irrationally scared of Muslims. It's the stereotypical Midwestern / Southern rural pronunciation.

Probably just want to be politically correct such as the news broadcasters. Enunciating in proper dialect. I actually prefer to call them Moslems.

Posted on: 2014/11/14 1:42
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It seems to me the very types of intelligentsia, professionals and blue collar types you describe are exactly the type who elected Adolph Hitler and supported his attempts to destroy human civilization and rebuild it in his Aryan image. The silence of the German people and sympathizers made them complicit in those atrocities. I can't ask 1 billion plus Muslims... but I can start with you. In the name of Ar-Rahman, do you denounce the global atrocities being committed in his name against innocent people, Muslim and non-Muslim. Do you denounce violent Jihad encouraged by Imans in mosques around the world ?

Quote:

Asif wrote:

I am glad you are not treating 1.6 billion people as one giant monolithic mass. Good thing you have studied well and understand all the nuances and complexities that compromise an individual or group of persons.

Good luck avoiding doctors, engineers, computer programmers, construction workers, lawyers, taxi drivers, teachers, retailers....etc...who are American(thanks for being a grammer nazi...and pointing out my unintentional mistake) but muslims....luckily you know which ones are the scary ones.

Posted on: 2014/11/13 23:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

I am glad you are not treating 1.6 billion people as one giant monolithic mass. Good thing you have studied well and understand all the nuances and complexities that compromise an individual or group of persons.

Good luck avoiding doctors, engineers, computer programmers, construction workers, lawyers, taxi drivers, teachers, retailers....etc...who are American(thanks for being a grammer nazi...and pointing out my unintentional mistake) but muslims....luckily you know which ones are the scary ones.

Posted on: 2014/11/13 3:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Asif wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/13 0:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/12 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

owlie wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
LMAO where are you hicks from?

Jclist

I am assuming these folks are from some farm wasteland. They can not be from the metropolitan area with all their fears.

Shaddap and stop being so judgmental.

This whole thread is judgmental, get a f*c*ing clue!

Posted on: 2014/11/11 17:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/26 14:00
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:

Just the ones making fun of people being irrationally scared of Muslims. It's the stereotypical Midwestern / Southern rural pronunciation.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:
I'm just against the use of recorded music for processions and parades. Every other cultural event usually uses live musicians and just because this is by Muslims does not exempt them from hiring people instead of using canned recordings.

Thank you for explaining yourself. Shamefully, i assumed you were an unreasonable racist, but you clearly have a perfectly rational grievance regarding the use of recorded music in parades.
My apologies.

Well it provides income for many "entry-level" musicians

Posted on: 2014/11/11 5:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
How on earth could this be considered "scary?"

What's scary is when the Eye-talian Catholics roll up and down the streets firing a fking cannon!

Posted on: 2014/11/11 3:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

MidwestTransplant wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

I am assuming these folks are from some farm wasteland. They can not be from the metropolitan area with all their fears.

Not all of us farmboys are scared of the Mooslims. People tend to mind themselves where I'm from.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Jclist

Shaddap and stop being so judgmental.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:

trambone wrote:
I'm just against the use of recorded music for processions and parades. Every other cultural event usually uses live musicians and just because this is by Muslims does not exempt them from hiring people instead of using canned recordings.

Thank you for explaining yourself. Shamefully, i assumed you were an unreasonable racist, but you clearly have a perfectly rational grievance regarding the use of recorded music in parades.
My apologies.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 1:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/26 14:00
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Not all of us farmboys are scared of the Mooslims. People tend to mind themselves where I'm from.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Tons of recorded music in many of the outdoor events at Exchange, and in plenty of parades.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 20:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/10 20:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Definitely surprising (and, disappointing) to see people's reaction to this procession. I am not Muslim (or, religious, for that matter) but this is an urban area, full of interesting, different people and cultures, next to one of the most (if, not THE most) diverse city in the world. To be scared, or put off, by this is almost mind boggling. Embrace city life, expand your horizons and learn to like something that is outside your (limited) experience.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 20:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/13 20:45
From Riverview Fisk
Group:
Registered Users
If this is the reaction now, I can't imagine what it will be like when they roll out a taziya.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 19:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There was music? Was it recorded?

Posted on: 2014/11/10 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Jclist

Posted on: 2014/11/10 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote: