Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Political Insider: Recall conspiracy in the Jersey City Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
If true, sounds like this group really want to serve the community ... not

Posted on: 2014/11/14 23:46
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Political Insider: Recall conspiracy in the Jersey City Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/14 23:33

Political Insider: Recall conspiracy in the Jersey City Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Agustin C. Torres for the Jersey Journal

Several sources tell me that there?s a recall plot being hatched against Jersey City Heights Councilman Michael Yun.

The conspirators are remnants of the administration of former Mayor Jerramiah Healy. The ex-mayor himself was at a meeting. It seems the gang makes too much noise at Tommy?s Restaurant on Central Avenue when weaving their web.

Besides Healy, the accomplices include former Heights Councilman and Hudson County Executive Chief of Staff Bill Gaughan, unsuccessful Heights City Council candidate and former Assemblyman Sean Connors, Police Lt. and attorney Jimmy Carroll and others. I choose not to name all of them for my own nefarious reasons.

One I will add to the list is the person several sources say plans to run against Yun, city Democratic Party Chairman Shawn E. ?Sully? Thomas-Sullivan. And here I thought things would get dull after the Tuesday election.

As for the official reason for any recall, the betting here is that the group probably obtained investigative evidence that Yun is not a city resident and that he lives in an $860,000 Montville home and not in an apartment over his Garden State store on Jersey City's Central Avenue, as the businessman/councilman claims.

Why the need to take this action? There may be some interesting possibilities. One is to try and cut Yun?s political career short because they want to dissuade him from even thinking about running for mayor.

Now comes the follow up question, why? The answer could be that that there seems to be some delusion by some that Healy could return to power, withYun out of the way. They could think there has been enough criticism heaped on Fulop for his governing style that the populace would welcome him back as their mayor. Besides, they expect the real mayor to leave for shot at the governor?s office.

Yet, I cannot imagine that the ex-mayor, who has been enjoying his time out of office, would want to return to the pressure cooker.

It could be as simple as ego for some and more pay checks by running a campaign and returning to City Hall for most.

There?s a great number of influential Heights people in this group but despite any assurances by campaign ?experts? attending the secret sessions, there?s always the possibility of the plan backfiring. Yun is well-financed and can easily be a sympathetic figure. He can probably count on some help from the likes of the other council ?independent,? Journal Square?s Rich Boggiano. Whether the coup attempt stimulates sometimes dormant Asian and Middle East communities on behalf of Yun is speculative.

The opposition may overestimate their influence, and, should Yun beat back a possible recall attempt, it will certainly solidify him as a strong candidate for mayor.

Now that there is some light on the subject, let?s see if this goes anywhere.

Posted on: 2014/11/12 3:23

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017