Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: JC Road Rage Attack in July - Anyone Know Where this Happened?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Ill keep my car thanks, uber to Woodstock is about $450.00 and to Virginia beach its almost $1500.00. I am starting to think some are idiots.

Cherry picking for $100, Alex. When you'd like to discuss apples to apples (total cost of ownership vs renting), let me know. This discussion was about getting around JC, anyway.

Posted on: 2015/2/7 0:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Ill keep my car thanks, uber to Woodstock is about $450.00 and to Virginia beach its almost $1500.00. I am starting to think some are idiots.

Posted on: 2015/2/6 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
I don't see why parking matters. Part of the allure of moving to Jersey City for me was that you don't need to have a car.

For someone to say they don't need a car, I can guess two things: You are not raising children, requiring trips to doctors (infants on mass transit is not easy) and you live close to the PATH. For the rest of JC, we use local doctors and dentists that are not close by, go to events outside of downtown so therefore we do require cars. Since JC is 14 square miles, not everything is walking distance, especially in the cold and snow.

You can use Uber. You don't need to have your own car.

Posted on: 2015/2/6 23:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
I don't see why parking matters. Part of the allure of moving to Jersey City for me was that you don't need to have a car.

For someone to say they don't need a car, I can guess two things: You are not raising children, requiring trips to doctors (infants on mass transit is not easy) and you live close to the PATH. For the rest of JC, we use local doctors and dentists that are not close by, go to events outside of downtown so therefore we do require cars. Since JC is 14 square miles, not everything is walking distance, especially in the cold and snow.

Totally agree.. I have no kids, but I still need a car and I don't apologize for it. I don't think most people on here have been outside of a 8 block radius of their home, so explaining to them why we have cars is a waste of time.

Most of us have cars up here, and we also have garages and driveways. When I lived dtjc, I did not have a car I rented one for weekend getaways. Elsewhere in JC a car is not a luxury but a necessity. Nothing is within walking distance.. We shop in mostly in Milburn. My buddy who lives down on the waterfront also has a car because he does not spend every weekend in Jersey City and no one should.

Posted on: 2015/2/6 23:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Posted on: 2015/2/6 23:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/3 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Parking rage I predict will only get worse.

When you have 10 plus storey buildings that don't have to provide parking (temporary or daily) for visitors, freight, courier and delivery vans you are going to have trouble and high stress for those visiting or residing in such buildings.

Imagine a parcel delivery guy having to double park and wait 15 minutes for someone in their ivory tower to come down and sign for their item, then again a pizza delivery having to do the same - The delivery guy is already frustrated trying to find a legal car park and their day becomes even longer simply waiting for a signature!

The planning department should not approve building permits without OFF STREET loading bays and mandate a number of visitor parking.

As an interesting fact;
Crime, disease and average speed increase by 15% as a city doubles in size. (p212, QI Facts 2012)

Therefore we need a 'better' quality and number of cops and 'better' health institutions and services ... but do we ?

Posted on: 2014/11/2 22:18

Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2014/11/2 22:43:21
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

psyop wrote:
You sound like a broken record.

by Yvonne on 2014/11/1 20:46:37

You are fostering your ideas of what JC should be. JC always had parking. But putting in densely pack buildings without parking (our politicians and some civic leaders said cars are unncessary) has caused this problem. People do have cars. We are bringing in more people without adequate parking or enough open space. The result is no parking available, no open space, and people complaining about the PATH which cannot support the number of riders on a daily basis. Even the running theme of some of the school debates, where do we place the number of children in schools.? We ignore the fact these children are living in tax abated buildings that pay no school taxes. JC is an example of poor urban planning.

It doesn't mean the truth is obsolete because you choose not to hear it.

Posted on: 2014/11/2 1:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
You sound like a broken record.

by Yvonne on 2014/11/1 20:46:37

You are fostering your ideas of what JC should be. JC always had parking. But putting in densely pack buildings without parking (our politicians and some civic leaders said cars are unncessary) has caused this problem. People do have cars. We are bringing in more people without adequate parking or enough open space. The result is no parking available, no open space, and people complaining about the PATH which cannot support the number of riders on a daily basis. Even the running theme of some of the school debates, where do we place the number of children in schools.? We ignore the fact these children are living in tax abated buildings that pay no school taxes. JC is an example of poor urban planning.

Posted on: 2014/11/2 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/2 0:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
road rage, parking rage, bike rage, roid rage, poop rage, dog rage, drug rage, noise rage ... we are such a social bunch !

Maybe we can get a hipster or rapper to write a song about rage.

Posted on: 2014/10/30 18:59
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
There should be a clause in the rebranding video, caution visiting or moving to JC will result in hours looking for parking spaces, tickets, booting and perhaps being labeled as a criminal. Visit with care, car owners.

I don't own a car, but rent them on occasion, returning it first thing Monday morning means parking it on the street overnight. I've always found a parking spot, as do family who visit me in the Heights.

IMO the real problem is the sense of entitlement that one should be able to park RIGHT WHERE YOU WANT TO. This is not the suburbs, the built environment was not developed to accommodate cars. People need to understand that increasingly, cars are the "outlier" mode of transportation in a dense urban environment; unless they have built-in garages or parking spots on both ends of your trip, people need to loose the expectation that they are entitled to park in close proximity to wherever they choose to go. Parking, like land, is a commodity in short supply, and may need to be rationed if not priced as a desirable commodity.

Posted on: 2014/10/30 18:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/16 15:08
From JCNJ
Group:
Registered Users
So...Does this mean nobody knows where it happened?

Posted on: 2014/10/21 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I don't know where this happened but according to some on this board, I exaggerate about parking. I know of other instances that did not make the paper. In the meantime, we are building more buildings without adequate parking pretending those residents will not have cars. We are also ignoring the fact the city failed to place municipal garages throughout this city.

Dementia is a horrible thing.

You should get a life, my comment was where this incident happened according to the original post, but I do know of some incidents that happened on Van Vorst Park. I witnessed arguments and was concerned that someone was going to pull out a weapon. The present incident will perhaps lead to jail time, the next might be the lost of someone life.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 17:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Thank you for your apology, my son actually video people fighting on the PATH over a seat several weeks after the service was restored due to Sandy.

Tell him to be careful with that. I recently saw a PATH employee go into a rage and start berating someone over the PA because someone had a camera out on the PATH.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I don't know where this happened but according to some on this board, I exaggerate about parking. I know of other instances that did not make the paper. In the meantime, we are building more buildings without adequate parking pretending those residents will not have cars. We are also ignoring the fact the city failed to place municipal garages throughout this city.

Dementia is a horrible thing.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Yvonne,

I thought a bit about it and you are correct. I could have been more polite in my interaction with you. I still think your arguments are incredibly flawed but there's no reason I needed to be mean about it.

I apologize.

Thank you for your apology, my son actually video people fighting on the PATH over a seat several weeks after the service was restored due to Sandy. If you put a lot of people in a small area whether looking for parking or finding a seat, you will see more rage.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
"Road rage" is a misnomer. Assault is assault and this could have been over anything and happened anywhere when you are dealing with stupid people.

I have been raged at and threatened for:
asking someone to move her bag so I could sit on the PATH.
having the audacity to cross the street at a crosswalk (making a Very Important Driver stop at the stop sign).
letting my dog pee on the wrong patch of city-owned curbside crabgrass.

we live in ragey times.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
"Road rage" is a misnomer. Assault is assault and this could have been over anything and happened anywhere when you are dealing with stupid people.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne,

I thought a bit about it and you are correct. I could have been more polite in my interaction with you. I still think your arguments are incredibly flawed but there's no reason I needed to be mean about it.

I apologize.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Amazing, I have been here longer than you, my spouse family goes back to 1880s, yet you, Lima17 have decided I should move or get mental health. The next time I attend the freeholders meeting I will ask them to make available the stats on, "turn yourself in" program. The public should see who these so-called criminal are.
You, Lima17, is the reason many people in the rest of JC resent downtown. I hope other residents throughout JC read your comments.

I hope everyone reads them as well. If you make logical arguments then I don't really have any issue with where you fall on any specific topic. There is no cut and dry right answer, different people have different preferences and I fully understand that. You want to live in a different kind of city than I do and that's OK.

When you take huge logical leaps to try and make a point about a pet topic I will not feel the need to pretend that your argument makes sense for the sake of your feelings.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

You're right, neither of those are logical responses. But they are emotional ones, and they will and do happen.

Luckily this is not a problem that affects me personally, but it is very foolish to deny the problem exists, or to live in a fantasy land where no one needs cars and we all can walk everywhere.

That is not at all the point. The point is that linking a random incident of road range to a shortage of parking is a logical leap that makes no sense. There is road rage on highways, there is road rage on local roads, there is road rage in parking lots, there is pedestrian rage, there is bike rage and on and on.

Let's say we had unlimited parking for all the cars that could possibly fit in JC. Well now we probably have more peopele driving and still have road rage as people get in each other's way.

Using an incident like this and trying to link it back to the overall parking situation in JC is just one of the more obvious examples of completely illogical and flawed thinking by Yvonne and I was having fun with it.

Ok, I see your point. This really has nothing to do with parking.

The idea that we can build a society without cars is a pet peeve of mine (mostly because I want it to be true so badly, but it's too impractical to ever happen here), but this event is wholly unrelated.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Amazing, I have been here longer than you, my spouse family goes back to 1880s, yet you, Lima17 have decided I should move or get mental health. The next time I attend the freeholders meeting I will ask them to make available the stats on, "turn yourself in" program. The public should see who these so-called criminal are.
You, Lima17, is the reason many people in the rest of JC resent downtown. I hope other residents throughout JC read your comments.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

You're right, neither of those are logical responses. But they are emotional ones, and they will and do happen.

Luckily this is not a problem that affects me personally, but it is very foolish to deny the problem exists, or to live in a fantasy land where no one needs cars and we all can walk everywhere.

That is not at all the point. The point is that linking a random incident of road range to a shortage of parking is a logical leap that makes no sense. There is road rage on highways, there is road rage on local roads, there is road rage in parking lots, there is pedestrian rage, there is bike rage and on and on.

Let's say we had unlimited parking for all the cars that could possibly fit in JC. Well now we probably have more peopele driving and still have road rage as people get in each other's way.

Using an incident like this and trying to link it back to the overall parking situation in JC is just one of the more obvious examples of completely illogical and flawed thinking by Yvonne and I was having fun with it.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
There should be a clause in the rebranding video, caution visiting or moving to JC will result in hours looking for parking spaces, tickets, booting and perhaps being labeled as a criminal. Visit with care, car owners.

I disagree, and you should really consider moving or seek some help.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/21 14:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_Livin wrote:
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

JC_Livin wrote:
I had a woman threaten to beat my ass and put me in the hospital because I cut her off. While walking. I cut her off walking, apparently. So pedestrian rage does occur, particularly in Manhattan during rush hour. That's the only time it's happened to me, but I've witnessed it other times as well.

Well yes. But it wouldn't have been 'road rage' ;)

Ha! True. And I agree, assaulting someone is not a logical response to crowded streets or lack of parking. Or being "cutoff" while walking.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
#1, Many people do not know about empty garages. #2 This article does not say it is downtown where garages you are referring to. #3, At the last council meeting a resident with her young daughter in her arms, complained about a 150 stories building with only 50 parking spaces. She said that leaves 100 possible cars on the street circling for parking. Moobycow, you live in denial. This is a serious problem and I hope the problem does not escalate where someone is seriously injured or dies. As it is, someone will probably go to jail over parking.
A friend of mine who works at the Hudson County Sheriff have told me when the county does its, "turn yourself in" program, 85% of these so-called criminals have crimes related to moving violations or other parking issues. We are making criminals out of citizens partially due to lack of parking spaces.

I'm pretty sure I am an imbecile just because i continue to engage with a person who thinks you can put an express train on a single track line but here goes...

If it wasn't in DTJC then your whole argument about continuing to build doesn't really make a heck of a lot of sense. DT is the only area that had a building boom and the only area that really has a parking crunch.

If people are pissed about parking and don't know about the decks then they have no right to bitch. Spend 30 seconds looking for a solution before you complain.

I don't give a crap about a resident complaining about decks and cars circling because, as I have explained multiple times times, those decks are underutilized so there is no point in making them bigger. Let's make the deck 400 spaces. Then we can have even more empty spots that the residents complaining about parking fail to utilize.

Moving violations and parking is a pretty big fudge.

I live in DTJC. I park on the street and somehow I have been able to survive.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 14:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

JC_Livin wrote:
I had a woman threaten to beat my ass and put me in the hospital because I cut her off. While walking. I cut her off walking, apparently. So pedestrian rage does occur, particularly in Manhattan during rush hour. That's the only time it's happened to me, but I've witnessed it other times as well.

Well yes. But it wouldn't have been 'road rage' ;)

Ha! True. And I agree, assaulting someone is not a logical response to crowded streets or lack of parking. Or being "cutoff" while walking.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
#1, Many people do not know about empty garages. #2 This article does not say it is downtown where garages you are referring to. #3, At the last council meeting a resident with her young daughter in her arms, complained about a 150 stories building with only 50 parking spaces. She said that leaves 100 possible cars on the street circling for parking. Moobycow, you live in denial. This is a serious problem and I hope the problem does not escalate where someone is seriously injured or dies. As it is, someone will probably go to jail over parking.
A friend of mine who works at the Hudson County Sheriff have told me when the county does its, "turn yourself in" program, 85% of these so-called criminals have crimes related to moving violations or other parking issues. We are making criminals out of citizens partially due to lack of parking spaces.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 14:18

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017