Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Taphaus Biergarten
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/28 15:24
Group:
Registered Users
This is a welcome addition to the waterfront. Haven't stopped in yet, but it looks like they did a nice job with it. By my rough estimation, the place is about a 6.5 minute (scenic) walk from the Exchange Place PATH and about an 11 minute walk from the Newport PATH. Convenient to the many who live in Newport and a reasonable walk for those in Paulus Hook and the eastern part of Hamilton Park.

Location will not be an issue. I think the place will get plenty of support.

Posted on: 2014/10/16 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bunny22 wrote:
The hostess was seating people at the bar which I've never seen before--I like to pick my own spot at the bar but we're definitely going back!

Ha ha ha! So true. I was also surprised by the hostess handling the bar seating. I also prefer to pick my own spot , but I think they were going for the "extremely friendly and attentive" service, which is OK. It should also be noted that the bar "stools" are oversized shock absorbers, and fixed in place. They were comfortable but, sometimes some people want to move their bar stools, and that's not possible with their current setup.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 14:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/22 17:15
Group:
Registered Users
I went there last night with my husband and it was very nice. We had the pretzel, the steak empanadas and a version of mozzarella sticks. They later brought out all their sauces for us to sample and they were all DELICIOUS! Half price on appetizers (if you order 2) for happy hour and half off drinks. It's more polished than the Bier garten in Hoboken and not all German food which I like because there's more comfort type food there. The hostess was seating people at the bar which I've never seen before--I like to pick my own spot at the bar but we're definitely going back!

Posted on: 2014/10/15 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
i didn't even know it's open, i walked by there every day multiple times during lunch time / afternoon, there is noone in there. Guess i will check it out at night.

I know the sign says beer garden right there, but do they offer real food or just bar food? Thinking about taking my team at work there for lunch or dinner.

Visited last night. Great taps, super friendly staff and a killer view, of course. The food menu looks surprisingly good. Definitely NOT your usual pub grub. I didn't get any food (why spoil good beer with food? ) but I watched what other people were ordering and consuming and it all looked really good. I wouldn't call this place a beer garden but more like a gastro-pub: good food and beer in an indoors, modern industrial design. I will be back for sure.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 12:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
i didn't even know it's open, i walked by there every day multiple times during lunch time / afternoon, there is noone in there. Guess i will check it out at night.

I know the sign says beer garden right there, but do they offer real food or just bar food? Thinking about taking my team at work there for lunch or dinner.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 2:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Tried to go last Saturday. Walked in at 11:45. Sapce is nice, views are obviously amazing. Hard to screw that up. But that's about it. There were about ten people at a few different tables and what looked like ten bartenders and servers. Were they expecting a huge crowd?

Anyway, like I said, we walked in at 11:45, made it about 15 steps through the door, and were promptly told that they were closed and they already had last call. I didn't even get a chance to look at the taps. Seemed like an odd way to try and build clientele for a new business. So we turned around and walked out.

Other than a light happy hour crowd or some residents of that building, I dont know who their base is going to be. I really cant see schlepping down there and I dont see many DTJC people going all the way down there either. I didn't notice any parking, so anyone that wants views would end up a Batello and anyone that wants a Biergarten would end up at Zepp.

I wish the owners luck. Hopefully, they can work out their horus. Maybe I'll give it another shot for an early bird special or a work HH.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 16:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/18 18:53
From Near the water, but on the land
Group:
Registered Users
I went on Friday and thought it was great. I didnt eat there but took a look at the menu and it was a good selection plus very reasonable prices. The manager said they would be offereing happy hour from 4 to 7 with half price tap beer and appetizers.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
Walked by a week ago and liked the way it looked on the inside - definitely has more personality than most of that area in terms of interior design. Wood, oxidized metal, Edison bulbs, giant blown up images of... can't recall, that kind of stuff. The space is big but not huge. Some communal seating and some funky barstools too.

I hope they do well. There are so many vacant commercial spaces in the big towers that I was beginning to wonder what kinds of businesses they were courting. I definitely prefer independent bars and restaurants to chains, more daycares, beauty salons, and dry cleaners. I'll try it out when I stroll down the waterfront walkway on a weekend.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 12:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
It is a short walk from the Financial Place Light rail stop.

Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Almost a mile walk for me. I guess they think they'll get the exchange place and harborside folks in after work? Shrug.

And yes, that pier doesn't operate anymore.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Almost a mile walk for me. I guess they think they'll get the exchange place and harborside folks in after work? Shrug.

And yes, that pier doesn't operate anymore.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Isn't this place like, in the middle of nowhere? I know that's an exaggeration, but who goes to that building except the people who live there?

Is the Waterferry dock next to it still operating? Or did that close years ago?

Posted on: 2014/10/13 20:06

Taphaus Biergarten
Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
Taphaus Biergarten 2 Second Street Crystal Pointe Jersey City, NJ 07302 (201) 626-6000 http://taphaus.com https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taphaus/611003835681235

Posted on: 2014/10/13 20:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017